PDA

View Full Version : Todays haul

QSIMDO
07-31-2006, 07:01 PM
This is getting embarassing.

A 15" Bridgeport rotary table which, I must add, is grotesquely heavy and I'll readily swap for a more reasonable size.

A 5" graduated, tilting/swiveling milling vise from the old New Britain Tool.

And last a device I'm not quite certain the proper name of but I guess it's a rotary indexer with a 6" Union Tool steel chuck and it has a plate with holes behind the crank handle. The entire assembly swivels within itself from horizontal to vertical.

I reckon I'd better get serious about machining what with all this swag.

Optics Curmudgeon
07-31-2006, 07:33 PM
That last item would be a dividing head. There should be more than one plate for it, usually three.

QSIMDO
07-31-2006, 10:19 PM
Dividing head!
Yes, thank you. Couldn't think of it.

Three plates then? I'll ask if those are around.

This is really something, isn't it?...when you start thinking of all the things you can make with these. Amazing.

And a salute to all you who know how to use them!
I'm struggling but having a ball none the less.

Mark Hockett
07-31-2006, 10:35 PM
If it is a Meca dividing head then it would only have one plate. Meca put all the holes on one plate using both sides of a thicker than normal plate. If the dividing head uses 3 plates and you can't find the other 2, they are not that hard to make especially if you now have a rotary table.
either way you scored some useful stuff.

Mark Hockett

BillH
08-01-2006, 12:46 AM
congratulations, may the machine tool force be with you

abn
08-01-2006, 02:56 AM
Awesome, there is hope!!!

This is getting embarassing.

A 15" Bridgeport rotary table which, I must add, is grotesquely heavy and I'll readily swap for a more reasonable size.

A 5" graduated, tilting/swiveling milling vise from the old New Britain Tool.

And last a device I'm not quite certain the proper name of but I guess it's a rotary indexer with a 6" Union Tool steel chuck and it has a plate with holes behind the crank handle. The entire assembly swivels within itself from horizontal to vertical.

I reckon I'd better get serious about machining what with all this swag.