PDA

View Full Version : Fed up with package shipping companies!

CCWKen
08-02-2006, 09:17 PM
For crying out load. I just got an email from UPS indicating a package was "Porch" delivered at 3:03pm. Nothing was delivered here today. I looked up the tracking info and it says it was delivered to a city that's 30 miles away! What kind of dip-wads is UPS getting to deliver packages? The same thing happened with FedEx a while back. It took over six months to get reimbursed. I'd rather have the package.

Dip Wads, Dip Wads, Dip Wads. I'm fed up and PO'd.

Rant off.

If you need to send me anything, send it USPS. At least the mail service is good.

Al Messer
08-02-2006, 09:25 PM
A friend of mine ordered an expensive set of dinnerware for his wife's Christmas present. It never arrived although UPS records showed that it had been delivered at such-and-such time on such-and-such date. My friend filed a claim with UPS for the loss. They sent a guy out to help him fill out the claim forms. The guy says "Why, I remember delivering it" and then he walked next door to the rear of a vacant house and there it sat after 6 months of "weathering". It had been delivered to the wrong address!!

CCWKen
08-02-2006, 09:57 PM
Yep, the tracking info says it was delivered in Pleasanton, Texas. That's about 30 miles from here and not even the same zip code. You gotta be a blooming idiot not to see that. I know that Farm-to-Market 3175 doesn't go to Pleasanton. How some jerk can just throw a package anywhere is beyond me. If I see the driver tomorrow, I'm gonna stop him and ask.

Wareagle
08-02-2006, 10:59 PM
I guess I am lucky. I've had good luck with UPS and FedEx both. On the other hand, USPS has had a few issues with a couple of packages in the past (both delivered to the wrong address; one to my sister in another city).

Maybe because I am in the 'burbs the service is better. I feel for ya Ken!

wierdscience
08-02-2006, 11:04 PM
I haven't had too much stuff lost or mis-delivered,but I have had many a box that looked like it was the focus of an artillary barage.

J Tiers
08-03-2006, 12:20 AM
USPS?

Heh!

Had them break a set of bowls sent my my Mother in law to my wife... Went to file claim, which for USPS the addressee does...

They gave me a form to fill out.

I didn't understand the form, so I called the central post office to ask about it, knowing better than to try my local post office *.

The man I spoke to was VERY interested to find out how I got that form... seems it is for internal use only..... the post office folks were too lazy to do it.

I went to another post office, out by work where they do a lot of business stuff, and the process of getting teh form dealt with took maybe 3 minutes... and THEY filled it out.

* My local post office, then Maplewood MO, had a counter clerk who had fingernails 2 good inches long. I have no idea how or IF she ever did any work. There was a big housecleaning at the Maplewood P.O. not long after.

JPR
08-03-2006, 01:06 AM
I despise UPS after a recent three week incident trying to get my shipment delivered. They refused to over night the package when they found it after two weeks because "I did not pay for that service", so waited another full week.

Fedex was not much better last month, paid extra for three day select service and it still took 5 days. They refused to even make an excuse.

Now for USPS. All of the smaller offices near me closed at 5 pm except for one location which closed at 6 pm. Needless to say, that location had a lot of customers between 4:45 and 6 pm. The post office would only keep two people after 5 pm no matter how long the lines, so this was the answer.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v228/jpr2004/DSC00107ss.jpg

A.K. Boomer
08-03-2006, 01:35 AM
What can brown do for you, (most of us dont want to know, esp. if were bending over at the time) actually havent had a prob. but deal with real low volume,,, what about that DHL or whatever that new one is, anybody have any experiance with?

Dr. Rob
08-03-2006, 03:17 AM
Okay, dig this:

So I was waiting for delivery of an international package. Desperately needed, absolutely crucial to have it in time, Friday morning at the latest. Nail-biting important.

Friday morning rolls around, no package. That's it; time is up-- I gotta run. So I stick a note on the door with my cell phone number and go. As if that would make a difference.

Later in the day, phone rings for the millionth time. What, it's the UPS guy...
"Um, hi there... UPS calling... I just saw this note here on the door, so I thought I'd phone... have your package here...

Oh, no-- I'm in a meeting, mega important, far away-- can't make it back there until a half hour-- oh, man!

"Oh," says the UPS guy. "Well, no problem. I got some stuff to do around here, why don't we just talk again in a while and see where we are at..."

So a half hour later I pull up in front of the shop, skidmarks from my boot heels. Screech. Don't even have time to put the key in the lock before I hear a UPS truck...

Beep-beep, "hi! Thought maybe you'd be back by now. Here's your package. It seemed maybe sort of important, what with the note and all. G'bye now!!"

I'm not joking. True story. And from that day on I check every UPS truck I see, hoping that it'll be the same guy, so I can stop traffic and sweep the road and roll out a red carpet wherever he goes.

bob101
08-03-2006, 03:41 AM
It must be Texas....UPS used to have a driver that didn't feel like driving way out in the boonies where I lived so he would drop it off a convenience store/grocery store about 40 miles away and then have dispatch call me the NEXT DAY and tell me to go pick it up.

I refuse to deal with companies that don't give you an option of delivery servies and most times it's heavily dependant on where you live and which delivery guy you get from each shipper.

I once had a radio controlled airplane shipped to my office - think BIG - IE a 35% scale size of a real plane - 105 inch wingpsan etc.... UPS guy drives up and gets it out of the back and walks around to the front of the truck and does his little paperwork deal on his computer....jumps in the truck and backs over the plane totally destroying it and causing UPS to pay the $3500 insurance payoff.

My secretary saw the whole thing and she thought he was gonna jump in the truck and get some more boxes...he actually called into the office and said the package was just "damaged" unententionally but my secretary went and took pictures and it took a LONG time to get it sorted out even with pictures of his truck sitting on top of it. They tried to get the shipper to pay off on it saying it was improperly boxed.

http://ups-and-fedex-crash.funnypart.com/

Rustybolt
08-03-2006, 10:22 AM
I've had bad experiences with UPS.So I'll just mention the best experiences I've had with them. So far everything I've ordered from McMaster-Carr has arrived undamaged and has arrived the next day. I think McMaster-Carr has their own UPS drivers. So far FedEx hasn't screwed up. My wife ships a lot of stuff USPS. She uses thier online postage service where she can print her own prepaid labels. It is by far the most convenient service we've used and the USPS hasn't screwed up a shipment yet. I prefer USPS to UPS anyday.

Your Old Dog
08-03-2006, 10:44 AM
I once donated a free firearm engraving job as a magazine prize for promotional purposes. The guy who won the contest sent me his Winchester via UPS. UPS stood it up against my front door on the porch in plain sight of the street. No banister or nothing to shield it from the public. When I arrived home from work I could tell the guy had sent it as the box was the manufacturers Winchester box that clearly said in Winchester Model 94 in hyped up advertising lettering. Pretty hard to miss! I could not believe it wasn't ripped off !! I now give the seller special shipping instructions and have had good luck.

PTSideshow
08-03-2006, 12:50 PM
They are all about the same in the metro Detroit area, Last year there would be three/four USPO trucks parked on the street in front of or side of the house. (corner lot) the one lady and three guys would be in one truck. Mail would be not be delivered. Till 6:30/7pm some nights. called the Postal inspector in Detroit instead of the local yokal. Next day was the last time we had a parking lot here. Mail did improve 5:30/6pm, the young lady doesn't do this route much anymore. mail now comes between noon and 3pm. Fed ex and DHL both suck so bad that they seem they can't hire anybody that can read numbers/pudh a door bell. I always end up driving to the fedex barn qand picking the package up. seem the lard bottom driving this route has the ticket made out and doesn't even bring the package out of the truck just walks up and puts the paper on the door.
UPS is good only when Chuck is working, But alas he is a airforce special ops/have to kill you if I tell you type and has been gone more than home the last three years. Ups tried canning him Uncle Sam told them They didn't think it would be in UPS best interest if they did. Pissed a whole bunch of other drivers off.:D
Get most of my orders and most of everybodies in the neighborhood.

JohnnyHopper
08-03-2006, 02:00 PM
UPS is the worst. We have one vehicle and when I leave for work there is no car in the driveway. The problem is I see the "out for delivery" on the tracking page and SWMBO is always at home in the afternoon, but the
UPS driver won't even get out of the truck to leave the "missed you" note. On multiple occassions she has walked out the house as they are diligently lying to their magic clip board about how they rang the door bell uphill both ways but got no response so they could not leave the package. When they see her they get annoyed and then try to get her to cross the street to them and accept the 50lbs of enco goodies from the door of the truck so they don't have move to much. At least the USPS driver does not have to be flagged down and stopped.

bob101
08-04-2006, 07:10 PM
I once donated a free firearm engraving job as a magazine prize for promotional purposes. The guy who won the contest sent me his Winchester via UPS. UPS stood it up against my front door on the porch in plain sight of the street. No banister or nothing to shield it from the public. When I arrived home from work I could tell the guy had sent it as the box was the manufacturers Winchester box that clearly said in Winchester Model 94 in hyped up advertising lettering. Pretty hard to miss! I could not believe it wasn't ripped off !! I now give the seller special shipping instructions and have had good luck.

UPS had to change it's policy on shipping handguns a few years ago by ground freight and now only allows it to be shipped by air freight. The reason they stated was so many handguns were ripped off by their own employees from the receiving and shipping end at places like Browning in Utah. They couldn't control their own ground shipping people so they moved it to air - where I suppose it has greater security I guess.

One of the people I do business with had to order a 20" section of 6" pipe of a rare alloy to be used in a header (not engine header but piping header). There were exactly two pieces he could get a cut off of in the Western Hemishphere. Had it shipped UPS and UPS actually crushed a 6" piece of stainless pipe. That takes talent.

CCWKen
08-04-2006, 11:22 PM
My package just showed up! The neighbor across the road just dropped it off. A nasty note to UPS is in order. My address is on a driveway post so I don't know what kind of illiterate is delivering these days.

I'm happy but still mad.

Al Messer
08-05-2006, 05:24 PM
It's a generational thing. Most (not all) younger employees today are only interested in quitting time and pay day and consider their present job to be just a temporary stepping stone to something bigger and better (means more pay and less work)

Wayne02
08-05-2006, 07:35 PM
I had a great UPS driver for many years. She knew the importance of putting the packages (usually racing parts) right in front of the shop roll-up door. This way my wife could not see them from the house. :)

Now I've got some buffoon who just doesn't get that concept, and insists on leaving the packages in the driveway right in front of the house. A few weeks back he left a complete set of new race tires stacked right in my wifes parking spot. :(

CCWKen
08-05-2006, 08:29 PM
At least your delivery was made to YOUR address. Mine was over 1/4 mile away. My drive leads up through the "trees" and the shop and house can't be seen from the road. The only things you can see from the road is the well house and a shed; Otherwise, it looks like vacant land. I guess I'll have to put a flashing light on the gate post to attract attention to the address. It's there, plain as day.

I was there and working outside (between the barn and outside) all day and no delivery was even attempted. The dogs let me know when someone comes up the drive. The driver was probably running late and didn't want to traverse the drive. The lazy twerp!

I'm thankful that I got my parts though.