PDA

View Full Version : OT...got a new toy..

torker
08-10-2006, 09:15 PM
I haven't been around much lately. As I threatened last year...I finally bought a lil' Harley 1200 and am still grinnin :D
Been wringing some more ponies out of it. Got it to carry the front wheel through the lights last night....yahoo!
Thing is a lot of fun. The thumping twin seems to get rid of the suicidal tendancies I get when riding a crotch rocket but it still carves the corners pretty nice. Much nicer here in the mountains than a couple of the Big Twins I tried.
Me and the Missus hit a deer with the damm thing the other night. Killed the deer (knocked him flying into the ditch with a broken back)...never got a scratch or a dent. Yup...I'm buying a lottery ticket :D
Putting together lots of machine related projects for it. Harley dealers are rip off artists so I'm going to make a bunch of "free" stuff.
Did you know that the motorcycle dealers/companies have this huge "protection" thing going on?
I found out today that NAPA, Lordco, Bumper to Bumper,etc. are NOT allowed to sell ANY motorcycle related items. Crane ignitions and cams, K+N air filters. etc., anything motorcycle related, are all protected for the m/c dealers.
A similar size air filter...a nice "billet" box....bite me H-D :D
Russ

wierdscience
08-10-2006, 10:22 PM
Good haul,that one should keep you busy.Any plans for sparkly billet type stuff?Gotta keep the dust off that DRO:D

JRouche
08-11-2006, 02:22 AM
Damm, smacked a deer on a bike and rode away, most cars don’t roll away on their own after that collision.....Be carful (as you are I'm sure) buddy, specially with your better half on board. Wishing you some good trips. Your scenery has mine beat by a hundred fold. JRouche

abn
08-11-2006, 02:38 AM
Damn dude...Larry Grodsky, who wrote the "Stayin' Safe" column for Rider Magazine just died in a cycle vs. deer accident so I'm glad you made it. I started worrying about wildlife, cars, bicyclists, and rocks so much that stopped enjoying riding in the mountains.

But motorcycling is in the blood, I'm not grown up enough for a Harley, but I thought a twin might have a bit more character than my other bikes so i picked up a used Suzuki TL1000S. Love that torque...I'm trying so hard not to take it apart!

snip> The thumping twin seems to get rid of the suicidal tendancies I get when riding a crotch rocket but it still carves the corners pretty nice. Snip>

snip> Me and the Missus hit a deer with the damm thing the other night. Killed the deer (knocked him flying into the ditch with a broken back)...never got a scratch or a dent. Yup...I'm buying a lottery ticket :D snip>

snip> Putting together lots of machine related projects for it. Harley dealers are rip off artists so I'm going to make a bunch of "free" stuff.<snip