PDA

View Full Version : 35 years ago today

Alistair Hosie
08-14-2006, 07:51 PM
I married Bronwen the love of my life and they have been the best years of my life yjree sons one Russell a Doctor in Glasgow one Alistair a lawyer in Cardiff and the youngest Ewen at University in Cardiff .happy! happy! happy !kindest regards to all Alistair

John Stevenson
08-14-2006, 07:52 PM
Oh well , two out of three aint bad .

Alistair Hosie
08-14-2006, 07:53 PM
what do you mean by that explain please! Alistair

PTSideshow
08-14-2006, 08:01 PM
might be a lawyer reference

My favorite has always been "God had a plan when he made lawyers, lips and liar's all begin with an L, but most people never payed attention to it."

No slight intended auld Scottie ;)

Working on 33 here.
So congrat's Alistair
Parents just passed 60 years last month

John Stevenson
08-14-2006, 08:05 PM
It's like the guy who meets this beautiful women he wants to spend the rest of his life with.
The problem is he comes from a rather rough family.
His father is in gaol for drug smuggling, his mother is also in gaol for running a brothel and his younger brother is on the run for armed robbery.
Both his sisters are on the game but his elder brother is a lawyer at the high court.

When he tells her about his family does he mention the elder brother ? :D

speedy
08-14-2006, 08:37 PM
Oh well , two out of three aint bad ..

Perhaps, but what if Ewen decides to enter politics??;)

Just kidding Alistair. One of the rewards of being a good parent is being able to stand proud with your children.
It can be a lottery though :D

Alistair Hosie
08-14-2006, 08:40 PM
I warned him to stick to dentistry but he changed after 2 years and did law which if I am honest I think he always wanted to do anyway,well he's my son and I love him lawyer or not :D no slight taken P T give my warmest regards to your parents I love to hear all the success stories when all we normally hear is doom and gloom surrounding marriage these daysAlistair

rockrat
08-14-2006, 09:16 PM
Cheers to you and yours Alistair. I raise my glass of Guinness to you both.
Its USA Guinness so you'll have to forgive me. Its all I can get.

May you both live as long as you want,
And never want as long as you live.

And my favorite

May your marriage be like the kitchen table.
All legs and no drawers!

Got kicked in the shin by me mom for that last one. Was at the cousins fling. he he

rock-

Al Messer
08-14-2006, 10:00 PM
Well, 47 years ago today, I married my bride, Miss Peggy Sue, and the years together have been absolutely great!!!!

rockrat
08-14-2006, 10:06 PM
Wow, a popular day. Cheers to yours as well.

I was born this month if that counts. But I aint tell'n how long ago. It would ruin the magic. :D

rock-

Wareagle
08-14-2006, 10:49 PM
Congradulations, Alistair! Not a bad start;), and hopefully the next 35 will be better than the previous 35!

haaas
08-14-2006, 11:55 PM
Congratulations Alistar. I have always enjoyed your posts. You don't know me from Adam but I wanted to say thank you and congratulations.
h.

wierdscience
08-15-2006, 12:41 AM
That poor woman:D:DShe must be patient as Moses:D

Seriously,congrats!

JRouche
08-15-2006, 01:00 AM
I married Bronwen the love of my life .........!kindest regards to all Alistair

Congrats Mr. Hosie, congrats to your bride....

My wife’s name is Bronwyn. Pretty close to you wife's name. She says her name is Welsh.....

Happy days for you, JRouche

Norman Atkinson
08-15-2006, 04:45 AM
Alistair,
Congratulations and best wishes not just for today but for the future.
Nice to know that the kids are more or less settled- isn't it?

Mine stuck with Dentistry- like Mum. Married a Cardiologist. Sort of chucking my bread on the waters and it comes back- wet. Not a hope in Hell of getting my blood pressure up. Going down and down. So much for planning!
Son is Geography and French. Probably there is a French onion man still about.

Keep well, keep in touch.

Norm

john hobdeclipe
08-15-2006, 10:02 AM
Congrats, Alistair, and best wishes for many more good years.

malbenbut
08-15-2006, 11:32 AM
35 years, thats five mirrors.
MBB

Evan
08-15-2006, 12:09 PM
Congrats to you Alistair. Janet and I have been married over 36 years now. We also both have our birthdays in a few days. We will probably celebrate by going to bed early. Probably to sleep.

I remember the good old days, going for a drive to watch the submarine races....

TECHSHOP
08-15-2006, 08:58 PM
William led a quite country life, interrupted by bouts of insanity. His letters are considered among the most brilliant in English literature.

"What is there in the vale of life
Half so delightful as a wife;
When friendship, love, and peace combine
To stamp the marriage-bond devine?"

And being a Yank, think that this Cowper was a little younger and maybe not related to the othe W. Cowper that was the negotiator in the union of England and Scotland, You know the first lord chancellor of Great Britain.

Been having computer issues that last few days, so sorry for the delay.

gizmo2
08-16-2006, 12:20 AM
As for bragging up your kids, we just moved our boy over to college today. We'll see what comes of it, eh? He seems to be determined to learn everything the hard way, but learn he does. We can only hope he makes the most of this opportunity. Looks like you've done well by your family!