PDA

View Full Version : Bought a new flashlight(pic)

wierdscience
08-18-2006, 11:12 PM
Got this the otherday,handcranked LED flashlight.Three bulb,very bright,15 seconds of crank makes 15 minutes of light.Made in(where else)China,$8 puts out more light than my Maglite.A little crank dynamo and a lith battery,simple as snot,but effective.

Same company makes the shake-up flashlight evidently,since plastered across the package was "just shake for light":D

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/0903/wierdscience/newlight.jpg

CCWKen
08-19-2006, 01:01 AM
Aw geez. You just put 3 Chineese guys at the Eveready factory out of work! :eek: :D

WJHartson
08-19-2006, 01:04 AM
Where did you get the light?

Joe

Orrin
08-19-2006, 09:59 AM
Costco has been selling a unit that works on the same principle. It is shaped somewhat like a TV remote control, which to me is a plus. One can lay it down and it will not roll. A two-pack costs about $20.

IMHO, these make ideal emergency lights; there is no bulb to burn out or batteries to run down. I bought an armload of them and gave them to my siblings to keep in their cars.

Regards,

Orrin

LarryinLV
08-19-2006, 12:43 PM
You bought a flashlight?

You're supposed to machine your own - and then post pictures. :)

wierdscience
08-19-2006, 08:30 PM
Where did you get the light?

Joe

One of the importers we deal with sent us three for samples,folks liked them so we called up to get a case,they were already sold out until November.

There is also Freeplay-

http://www.freeplayenergy.com/index.php?section=products&PHPSESSID=a774690aceefe34d9c28f42e5c80fd55

all sorts of wind up devices that wind up like an old phonograph,I have one of the're radios and boy did it work good after the storm.Check out the cell phone charger and the portable power unit.

wierdscience
08-19-2006, 08:32 PM
You bought a flashlight?

You're supposed to machne your own - and then post pictures. :)

Right! Now where did I throw that old bicycle and alternator?:D

Magic9r
08-19-2006, 09:19 PM
That's OK but my favourite gift was a Wolflite from the Wolf Safety Lamp Company in Sheffield, England.
Four rechargeable D cells, 1 mile beam, certified for marine use if lanyard is used.
Got a wind-up too, com bining both could be a challenge,
Regards,
Nick