PDA

View Full Version : Broken AMMCO Shaper

Stepside
08-18-2006, 10:32 PM
I was just putting the last touches on a mechanical and cosmetic rebuild of my 7 inch AMMCO shaper when I rolled it off the workbench. I now need to find one being scrapped out or I need to build some parts. If you have one you are scrapping let me know.

The learning is, when you are interupted in the middle of a task make sure you resume slowly or you will have a good chance to screw something up.

J Tiers
08-18-2006, 10:40 PM
Ouch......

At least it didn't land on you (I assume).

In your place I think I would be too ^%&^%*&^% mad to type straight for a few days.

TGTool
08-18-2006, 10:41 PM
Sorry to hear that. Hope you didn't get more than feelings hurt.

Michael Moore
08-18-2006, 11:27 PM
You might mention what you are looking for (in case people have spare parts) or what you need to fix (in case people can offer advice).

I knew there was a good reason I always seem to have a workbench that is covered with "stuff" so that I have to work on the garage floor. :)

cheers,
Michael

CCWKen
08-19-2006, 12:08 AM
I knew there was a good reason I always seem to have a workbench that is covered with "stuff" so that I have to work on the garage floor.

Floor? What floor? I've got two sawhorses under a piece of old desk top out in the yard! I'm plum out of bench and floor space.

IOWOLF
08-19-2006, 06:33 AM
If he is here he must have STEPped aSIDE.

Stepside
08-19-2006, 09:06 AM
The needed parts are the locking handle for the ram and the part that it clamps with.

I can build the part --- It would be a nice part to build with a shaper. Guess I will have to use the Bridgeport.

I was lucky that I didn't get hurt. Inattention is one of the most dangerous things in a shop. This is followed up with restarting a job that was interrupted by visitors, the phone or coffee break.

Thanks for the sympathy and concerns as well as the humor.