• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • wbleeker
    • Nov 2001

Quality Dividers?

Hi Guys
    I was marking out on a small Stuart 10v engine the other day and noticed that my cheap dividers were bluntening very quickly ( one or 2 uses) what is the best brand to get and who sells it on the web? I actually went to a model engineering supplier in Sydney today and they only have the cheap stuff.
    Will

Starrett, still use the dividers I bought in the sixties.

Comment

• John Stevenson
      • Mar 2001

Can you or a local welding shop drop a blob of stellite on the tips.?
      I have a set from an old engineer that have been done this way and they are very good and last, in fact I can't remember having to touch them up, the dividers that is

Sir John , Earl of Bligeport & Sudspumpwater. MBE [ Motor Bike Engineer ] Nottingham England.

Comment

• wbleeker
        • Nov 2001

I cant do the stellite but I can probably put a spot of hardface on and then just regrind the shape, or I suppose I could silver solder on some carbide tips and grind to shape, I am sure I was just being lazy wanting to buy a new set, its raining here now so I might get to spend all day tomorrow in the shed and do the job.
        Will

Comment

• Mcgyver
          • Mar 2005

I'll second the starrett, get the round leg ones, just plain nice to use - you wouldn't want your woman to have rectangular legs would you?
          located in Toronto Ontario

Comment

• John Stevenson
            • Mar 2001

Originally posted by Mcgyver
            I'll second the starrett, get the round leg ones, just plain nice to use - you wouldn't want your woman to have rectangular legs would you?
            No that's right and I don't want them pointed on the ends

Sir John , Earl of Bligeport & Sudspumpwater. MBE [ Motor Bike Engineer ] Nottingham England.

Comment

• lynnl
              • Jan 2002

Look for a woman with peanut butter legs.
              Lynn (Huntsville, AL)

Comment

Working...
              X