PDA

View Full Version : recieved free machines

ken kuban
08-28-2006, 12:51 PM
just to let everybody know there is a pot of gold at the end of the rainbow. i work part time at a Ace hardware store and a regular customer i know came in on friday and said he wanted to Give me 3 machines his grandfather used.
i went to look at them on sunday and he had a Buffalo Forge belt drive lathe,Walker Turner scroll saw 24 in. cut. and a shaper which he still had to
get from the back shed.
the machines all need some tlc but i spent all day making some room in my garage for these FREE items.
thanks ken kuban

ERBenoit
08-28-2006, 12:55 PM
As the saying goes, "If it's for free, it's for me". Nice score.

gbowne1
08-28-2006, 12:57 PM
Good, now all you need is FREE tooling to use with them.

:D

Greg

LarryinLV
08-28-2006, 01:37 PM
Free.....Free,

I never get anything free. I have to work long hard hours for everyting and then pay top dollar.

Oh, and I had to walk miles through the burning desert barefoot (or was that three foot of snow?) as a child just to get to school, etc.

Congratulations, great score. I guess if you're nice to people good things can happen...scratch that...good things do happen; keep up the good work.

caddy
08-28-2006, 01:48 PM
I love free stuff. I've been looking for a shaper for a year or two with no luck. Kudos to your good luck!!

TECHSHOP
08-29-2006, 01:58 AM
Hey that's great, I quess your days of comparing deals on the imports are over! Now that you have these machines, you be asking the "how should I" questions about fixing them up. Hope that you don't get to involved "working" that you forget to post here.