PDA

View Full Version : source in us for small orders of metric-sized tubing?

Chunkstyle
08-30-2006, 10:45 AM
hey guys --

are there any places in the us where i could get a short piece of 22mm x 1.0mm wall tubing (like an 8" piece)? i've been looking all over, and the few metric supply houses i've found either don't sell to the public and/or don't deal in hobbyist-size orders. material-wise, stainless'd be preferable, steel'd be ok.

i bet over in europe, they've got this stuff coming out their ears!

thanks!

drew

PTSideshow
08-30-2006, 10:57 AM
How about local auto parts stores or a place that makes up fuel/ hydraulic lines. they might have it that large dia. Also if you have a hobby shop K&S metal and shapes might have it in that size the local one has a lot of the differrent types and shapes they sell.
The problem is they mostly sell it by the foot or two or pound and 8 inches will cost more to sell you than make a profit. :D

Scishopguy
08-30-2006, 10:57 AM
Hi Drew,

Have you tried McMaster-Carr? They have almost everything. If they don't then Small Parts, in Miami Lakes Fl. will probably have what you are looking for. I think they have a $5 minimum but they have so much neat stuff that it is easy to meet. Just do a google search for them and you should get their links.

good luck,
Jim

SGW
08-30-2006, 11:24 AM
Maybe Small Parts www.smallparts.com ?

John Stevenson
08-30-2006, 11:25 AM
hey guys --

are there any places in the us where i could get a short piece of 22mm x 1.0mm wall tubing (like an 8" piece)? i

i bet over in europe, they've got this stuff coming out their ears!

thanks!

drew

Yup 15mm and 2mm are the standard central heating sizes.

Chunkstyle
08-31-2006, 09:44 AM
thanks for the replies so far, guys. mcmaster doesn't have it -- pretty limited selection of metric tubing. smallparts.com doesn't seem to have it in their online catalog either. i'll try calling their 800 number, but i'm not hopeful.

i'll look for a k&s website next, but i've never seen anything like this size in the hardware store displays i've seen with their stuff.

any other ideas?

thanks!

Carld
08-31-2006, 12:52 PM
I just did a google for metric stainless steel tubing and got a lot of sites. Try it you'll like it and may find what your looking for. I found what your looking for but did not inquire as to quantity of order.