PDA

View Full Version : Help! Ebay Problem - Invoice

CCWKen
08-30-2006, 08:06 PM
I'm trying to revise an invoice to remove S&H for a buyer and all I get back is a blank screen. I sometimes offer free S&H for buyers that use the Buy It Now and I've done it before. There's no way to do it on the listing so I've always just revised the invoice. What's up with Revise Invoice now?

Cripes, everytime eBay makes a change somewhere, they break four of five other things. :(

Tinkerer
08-30-2006, 08:21 PM
Just go and sent a NEW INVOICE this will replace the first one sent and at that time just remove the shipping well reduce to .01 or ebay system will have a fit. :rolleyes:

john hobdeclipe
08-30-2006, 08:25 PM
I very rarely use the eBay invoice system. I send the buyer an email with either details of the complete transaction and payment instructions, or I request their shipping address, figure the shipping and total, and reply with this info.

Sounds slow and ponderous at first, but in the long run I think it's faster than fighting with eBay's time saving features.

If the buyer doesn't respond to my second notification, then I'll send the eBay invoice, but I, too, find that system to be cumbersome and problematic.

JCHannum
08-30-2006, 08:38 PM
I'm with John. I don't use eBay Checkout either if at all possible. It just adds another layer of confusion to a simple transaction.

I have a couple of form letters that I plug the names & numbers into & send. The whole process takes two minutes max, and I have all the information in my e-mail files.

CCWKen
08-30-2006, 10:35 PM
It's cleared up. The buyer was able to enter a discount and it netted out the S&H. I still don't know why the revise doesn't work anymore on my end.

Tinkerer - That's what I was trying to do. It didn't work! When you click on Invoice Buyer, it presents an invoice as per the listing. Normally, you can change the shipping, etc. or include multiple buys on the same invoice. Maybe you didn't catch the phrase: "It doesn't work!"

I'm going to check my Java Console and see if there's something there.

As far as invoicing, I don't have to do anything--No emails, no calcs for postage, no nothing. I'm set up to auto invoice at close of auction. The revision was the only time I had to type anything and that was just a couple of zeros. The only other time I have to do anything is when I print a packing slip and the shipping label. Now that's real tough! Click, click and it's done. Well, I do have to put paper in the printer. :rolleyes:

My generated invoices come to me and automatically get placed in a separate folder. Sales data is online and I back that up too. It gets downloaded and loaded into my accounting software.

But I just know some of you guys like all that extra work. :D ;)

JCHannum
08-30-2006, 10:49 PM
It is not that much extra work, and if I want to change it, I can. I don't have to worry about dealing with it when someone else decides to "improve" it.