PDA

View Full Version : Willing to buy

Elninio
09-06-2006, 05:11 PM
willing to buy tooling for a heavy duty mill drill that i have (its the bigger version). So far all i have is a chuck, fly cutters, a clamping kit, a half inch collet and one 9/16ths mill. Willing to buy anything else, is anyone located in ontario canada that is willing to sell to me?

Mcgyver
09-06-2006, 06:26 PM
check out Ford Machinery in Richmond Hill, he's got a used section of tooling with lots of bits and pieces - wear work clothes, the stuff on the shelves on the south side of his unit (how's that for a specific lead) but you've got climb over machines to look at it! Familiarize yourself with prices in the, say, the KBC (free, in Miss.) catalogue first though, these guys sometimes will want more than it costs new - know value before entering the domain of the used tool merchant. you'll need some endmills, for starters just buy ones with 1/2 shaft until you collect some collet, no point in buying used (unless you've sharpening tackle). first thing you need though is a milling vise

Also, hang out at TSME (Tor. society of model engineers, google it), very interesting and talented bunch and there's lots of guys there to network with for tooling etc.

CCWKen
09-06-2006, 07:35 PM
It would be nice to know what you do or would like to make. The general size of the items to make, fix or break. :D My dream is to walk into the shop and have every machine, tool, bit, stock, nut, bolt, screw that I need but that just doesn't happen. You would need a warehouse the size of McMaster-Carr.

Stick with the basic tooling, bits and drills and you can add to it as you go along. Check out garage sales, newspapers and estate sales (as they're called down here) and look for tools. I've picked up some nice rebuildable tools and accessories from the scrap yard.

dharnell
09-06-2006, 08:50 PM
What part of Ontario are you from Elninio? Ontario's a pretty large place. I'm in the KW area and don't know of any places. Been looking myself to no avail. TSME, Been 25 years since I heard that name. Used to go there with my father. Is it still held at the U of T?

Mcgyver
09-06-2006, 09:30 PM
What part of Ontario are you from Elninio? Ontario's a pretty large place. I'm in the KW area and don't know of any places. Been looking myself to no avail. TSME, Been 25 years since I heard that name. Used to go there with my father. Is it still held at the U of T?

appropriately, its held at 999 Queen Street, the Queen Street Asylum. its a U of T teaching hospital i believe. not a bad place to meet, two large lecture halls. just don't drool too much or you may find yourself spending the night

actually its now called the queen street mental health centre and they even changed the address iirc, 1001 Queen St west, lol. perhaps days of the asylum are best forgotten, one shudders to think of what went on (and perhaps still does) in less enlightened ages
http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b201/michael0100/queenst_asylum400.jpg

8ntsane
09-07-2006, 05:02 AM
I have a few 1/2 end mills I could donate to you, I,m in west end toronto

Paul

Elninio
09-07-2006, 04:01 PM
thanks guys, i live in markham, im gonna check out ford machinery this weekend cuz its in missisauga, willing to drive as much as the item that is for sale costs (willing to go further for a vise than for a small caliper) send me a PM msg plz about those end mills that would be great