PDA

View Full Version : OT Who makes Wireless Headphones that block outside noise??

winchman
09-08-2006, 07:51 PM
I'd really like to get a set of wireless headphones that do a good job of blocking outside noise. I got a Sony RF960RK 900MHz set. They do a good job on the audio, but they do very little to block the outside noise. I'd like something with a NRR of at least 25dB.

I've read a bunch of product specs/features, but their ability to block outside noise isn't mentioned.

Does anyone know where I might find some?

Roger

Fred White
09-08-2006, 07:55 PM
http://www.thetravelinsider.info/7dec2001.htm

Is this what you are talking about?

BadDog
09-08-2006, 08:11 PM
You'll likely want some with "active noise reduction" (ANR). They have batteries and are similar to those worn by pilots of small aircraft. As suggested, look into sites that cater to frequent fliers since the less expensive end of ANR headsets is very popular for in-flight use.

mochinist
09-08-2006, 08:16 PM
My parents have some of these, they work awesome, but are out of my price range.
http://www.bose.com/controller?event=VIEW_PRODUCT_PAGE_EVENT&product=qc2_headphones_index

DICKEYBIRD
09-08-2006, 09:00 PM
I bought a set of headphones, like shooters muffs with AM-FM radio and an input jack that just about kills all outside noises. No fancy active circuitry, just a very good fit and well insulated.

I use 'em when mowing the lawn or weed-beatin'. Sure relieves the boredom. Got 'em on sale at Enco...still not cheap at over $50. NASCAR headphones should work as well.

rsr911
09-09-2006, 02:49 AM
My company does work for Bose and I got to try out those ANR headphones when they first came out, very impressive. Bit spendy for me though.

matador
09-09-2006, 03:37 AM
If money is no object,Sennheiser might be worth looking into.
Me,I'm just a cheapskate,I use $60 Philips ones in the workshop,so I can hear the cd player over the mill running.Work pretty good,as long as you don't overdo the volume thing.

Ian B
09-09-2006, 06:59 AM
I have a set of the Bose Quiet Comfort headphones; they really do block out noise (particularly annoying, whining noise of a constant nature - machinery, aircraft engines, wife; that sort of thing).

They're bulky to carry around. Also, they're not wireless. If you just want to kill the noise, you can keep the little black box in your top pocket and not plug the input lien in to anything; they work just as well.

Ian

Millman
09-09-2006, 10:49 AM
Bose are the best, just too damn expensive. They also make the best PA in the business. Crystal clear.