PDA

View Full Version : Captains log; stardate 9-8-06

A.K. Boomer
09-09-2006, 01:14 AM
My el-cheepo used e-bay flat panel monitor came in about five days ago, (24 bucks --- thank you very much) i just recieved the ac/dc converter today, i hooked it all up and it works BRILLIANT, You guys know what this means right? thats right , this post is being written while im upside down in my inversion chair, id like to say im comfortable but im not, many of future adjustments to do plus i have dial up and had to check my mailbox, my dogs think im a piece of candy and wont stop licking my face,,, i fear they may be ferringies, my mouse is still a regular one and its uncomfortable to use upside down--- or i mean right side up --- I gotta go - legs are going numb.

Elninio
09-09-2006, 01:21 AM
too bad its not a full haas cnc control ;)

Tinkerer
09-09-2006, 01:35 AM
Maybe you could get some elastic band and make two slingings that wrap around or fix to a board that you've glue a mouse pad to. That would hold it with some tension but move freely and allow it to function inverted without falling. :)

speedy
09-09-2006, 01:49 AM
You just got to be doing things that little bit different dontcha?:D :D
.... if the dogs are busy licking your face then they aint licken their.... or have they?:) (always a worrying thought)
Get better soon.

A.K. Boomer
09-09-2006, 02:06 AM
I underestimated arm usage, its much more of a chore,,, Tinkerer the problem im having is I have to use the mouse in the regular way or the travel ball wont work, i need to get a lazer mouse but till then i have to reach down on the floor and this is difficult, other problem, all this use of arms hanging out to type puts strain on my middle back, built the chair for lower back trouble but if i use it in computor mode its a fuqe for mid back,,,, gotta go..

HTRN
09-09-2006, 03:39 AM
too bad its not a full haas cnc control ;)

a former boss had 4 of the 5 Haas's in the shop die after a power surge.

Trust me, you don't want to know what the board's and drivers cost..:eek:

HTRN

Evan
09-09-2006, 07:55 AM
You gotta work on that a bit more Boomer. This isn't convenient.

http://vts.bc.ca/pics/akpost.gif

Millman
09-09-2006, 09:04 AM
AK, why not manufacture and sell those chairs on Ebay? Might make a fortune.

A.K. Boomer
09-09-2006, 10:30 AM
(Evan how do you do that stuff?) Im done, Im useing the chair the way i built it for, its been great on my back till last night, I hang for 15 minutes before bedtime, (and sometimes 5 or 10 in the morning) that way the discs get decompressed and "breath" during the night and dont get imediatly compacted again due to vertical pressure, This has worked very well for me so far and im going to learn how to post pictures so i can send some of my shop and my chair, Millman I wouldnt want the hassle of taking on another crazy idea and trying to market it and all that, you would want the chairs out of aluminum or steel frame and then the fabric and special foam and forming, its no wonder the ones iv found on-line cost 450 bucks, I would like you guys to see it in case any of you have back trouble you can build one yourself, its been great for me so far, I thought more would be better but i dont think so, The whole idea is to hang and totally relax, you cant do that while trying to type and stuff upside down, its all good i was getting a flat panel monitor anyways my old monitor was a 13" and now i have tons of desk room and a 15"........
You never know till you try, Kirk out...

Wirecutter
09-09-2006, 12:09 PM
Um, you could solve the mouse problem the way I did - use a wireless optical mouse. It's great when traveling - if you can't find a flat surface for the mouse, you can just use your pants leg or something.

-Mark

Evan
09-09-2006, 12:25 PM
A trackball doesn't care which way is up.

A.K. Boomer
09-09-2006, 01:01 PM
Evan are we miscommunicating again? im just talking about the standard mouse, are you, if so the track ball hides in the mouse when flipped over and cannot roll on a surface that way... perhaps your talking of another system?

Todd Tolhurst
09-09-2006, 01:10 PM
He's talking about this sort of device:

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/4/41/Trackball2.jpg/200px-Trackball2.jpg

Evan
09-09-2006, 01:39 PM
Exactly. That's similar to mine. Just put some velcro on the bottom and stick it where ever you wish. Maybe on the arm of the chair with a loop to support your arm against gravity. I wouldn't use anything else but they do have a learning curve.

A.K. Boomer
09-09-2006, 01:55 PM
Good God i hope that thing doesnt vibrate -- you guys are scaring me..:p

Wayne02
09-09-2006, 05:25 PM
Like this?

http://comfortchannel.com/images/Inversion_chair_A.jpg

That looks like it has a lot of possibilities. Must go talk to the wife...