PDA

View Full Version : GEARS show in Portland OR

Mark Hockett
09-19-2006, 07:17 PM
Is anyone here going to the GEARS show in Portland OR. this weekend? Three friends and I are going on Saturday. If anyone from here is going and would like to meet I will be wearing an Antique Caterpillar Machinery Owners Club t-shirt or call me on my cell phone 360-914-6026. We usually go somewhere for lunch.

Orrin
09-20-2006, 09:10 AM
A friend of mine and I will be exhibiting hot air engines. He has three that are very cleverly designed. I'll guarantee that there is nothing like them in the whole wide world. One needs to study this fellow's engines very carefully to fully appreciate them. Whoever is not awed by them doesn’t understand them.

Among other things, I'll be showing double-scale and a half-scale Moriya hot air fans. Dr. Senft, the man who designed the Moriya, says mine is the only double-scale that he has ever heard of. Mine is starting to show its age, but folks still enjoy seeing it.

Regards,

Orrin

charlie coghill
09-20-2006, 09:21 PM
I was going to attend but my knee went south. Have a Dr. appoitment tomarrow. Depending on what he says maybe I will still make it.
Charlie.

Orrin
09-26-2006, 12:58 PM
Thank you for stopping by at my table and introducing yourself, Mark. I had hoped that more folks from this forum would do the same, but you were the only one.

This was the first time that I'd ever exhibited at this type of show, so I had butterflies in my tummy at the opening hour; but, after getting positive feedback from the spectators I knew that I had not embarrassed myself with my display.

IMHO, this GEARS was head and shoulders better than the first one in 2004. I didn't get there last year, but was told that the number of exhibitors and spectators was disappointingly low. That means that this GEARS was the best one of the three. For sure, I was not disappointed.

Regards,

Orrin

Mark Hockett
09-26-2006, 04:32 PM
Orrin,
Your display was great! I also talked to Carl and admired his display.
I did not go the first year but I did go last year and I also think that this years show was much better. The crowd seemed larger and there were many more exibits.

Dave S.
09-26-2006, 10:48 PM
I was there Sat. morning. Lots of great models. Came home $200 poorer thanks to Little Machine Shop but now the mill has a nice 4" rotary/indexing table.

Dave