X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • JPR
    • Jun 2004

Newcomer inserts ?

I have been looking at the Newcomer inserts from Enco. The NN60 grade is half the price of the K935 grade Kennametal inserts from the Carbide Depot. Has anyone used the Newcomer inserts in either the NN60 or PV60 grades?
    Last edited by JPR; 10-02-2006, 11:56 AM.
    John
  • wierdscience
    • Jan 2003

I use the PV60 grade,inserts on my indexable endmills.They carry a TPG422 insert.I mainly use the mills for beveling stainless and milling low carbon steel.The inserts are decent and last for the use I use them for.

I don't have any experience with the particular Kennametal grade you mention,but I have plenty with the KC850 and 950 grades.The Newcomer and Iscar equivilants don't hold a candle to the Kennametals in my experience.
    I just need one more tool,just one!

Comment

• Cecil Walker
      • Aug 2003

Wierd is absoultely correct! I changed over to Kennametal inserts about 5 years ago, and have not looked back. Yes, they are expensive up front but worth every dollar you will spend in the long run. Just my .02.

Comment

• JPR
        • Jun 2004

thanks, I am going to start with the KC850 as suggested.
        John

Comment

• wierdscience
          • Jan 2003

Oh,forgot to mention,checkout Ebay sellers fisbill and jtsmach.

fisbill lists surplus Kennametal stuff at bargin prices and jts has closeout and discounted Kennametal stuff too.

I picked up some CNMG 422 inserts in the KC850 grade for $4.20ea from JTS,they normally retail for $12.75 ea,big difference.
          I just need one more tool,just one!

Comment

Working...
          X