PDA

View Full Version : I want to Introduce a friend of mine...

IOWOLF
10-23-2006, 08:20 PM
deledge , He is a brand new member and a friend of mine,Please coax him out of the shadows and give him a warm welcome.

Jay

BillH
10-23-2006, 09:25 PM
Welcome Deledge, get the ball rolling, say something, maybe Millman will flame you. :)

mochinist
10-23-2006, 09:43 PM
Welcome Deledge, get the ball rolling, say something, maybe Millman will flame you. :)Millman is quite the flamer http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v471/mochinist/gayfingerlove.gif

Welcome Deledge.

miker
10-23-2006, 11:35 PM
Deledge!! What sort of a name is that? Why don't you read some books instead of coming here and trying to get knowledge for nothing? Don't be so damn lazy. Go get a file and a hammer and make something the proper way.

Welcome to the forum:)

Rgds

IOWOLF
10-24-2006, 05:24 AM
Whoa, tough crowd. ;)

speedy
10-24-2006, 07:13 AM
deledge , He is a brand new member and a friend of mine,Please coax him out of the shadows and give him a warm welcome.
Jay

You have a friend, Jay ?:D

Welcome to the party deledge. Now get up off dechair and get yourself a beer.:)

JCHannum
10-24-2006, 07:16 AM
Welcome to deledge. I was a bit confused when he sent me a note thanking for the elbow engine plans, but this helped me sort it out.

I would guess he is either a student or the instructor at the trade school Wolfie got the plans for. In either case, we look forward to hearing from him.

Your Old Dog
10-24-2006, 08:54 AM
Don't be a whimp. Come'on and post something, anything. Do it just to make Millmans day. He hasn't sliced and diced anyone yet but the day is still young. Millmans cranky till he gets to satisfy his urge to out wit and impress you with his wealth of knowledge and social intercourse skills :D .

If you are one of those guys who always does a search for information and is good at it then we may never hear from you. There ain't many topics in metalworking and politics that ain't been coverd ten times over on this board! How many times do you think the topic of threading has come up but still the guys helped me out just a short time ago.

Go ahead, make your first post and will see if the responce you get warrants changing your name to "deludge"! :D :D If you're for real, welcome aboard!

Ray.............

kap pullen
10-24-2006, 12:59 PM
Welcome Deledge, get the ball rolling, say something, maybe Millman will flame you. :)

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v206/kappullen/5_22_061306_utah_fires.jpg

Come on guys, Millman is one of the more entertaining guys on here.

You have to love him, or hate him, like W, or Hillery.

Kap

Peter N
10-24-2006, 01:11 PM

Kap

I tend to agree with that, even though he won't be seen holding hands with me any more :D

And welcome deledge, here is a place where you will be informed, entertained, and infuriated.

Peter

IOWOLF
10-24-2006, 01:16 PM
He's Kinda Shy.
C'mon David,Take a break from teaching and jump in.

Cecil Walker
10-24-2006, 03:14 PM
IOWOLF's right deledge, jump in the fray.

Alistair Hosie
10-24-2006, 03:49 PM
Dont worry Wolfie whenever you introduce someone they never turn up happens to me as well ,hell come in his own time or not :DAlistair

Tinkerer
10-24-2006, 04:11 PM
Wolf... I think you scared him off. Should of just waited till he posted then stepped with this is my freind. Well if your out there welcome. :)

speedy
10-24-2006, 04:33 PM
Jay, you obviously think highly of your friend to introduce him. He will turn up when he is ready. He probably doesn`t want to appear to be holding hands.

And while we are pissing in pockets here, I think Millman is alright as well.
Now back to learning? digital camera stuff.

tesswalker
10-24-2006, 04:38 PM
Sounds like your "friend" is not ready to come out of the closest yet. :)

Tess

lazlo
10-24-2006, 04:43 PM
Welcome to the circus Deledge! It's a good bunch of guys, just don't take anything too seriously :)

Edit: appologies Tess: a good bunch of guys and gals! :p

You have to love him, or hate him, like W, or Hillery.

I like Millman -- he's the grumpy old machinist with thick, calloused fingers, and permanent coolants stains on his arms. He's a gold-mine of practical knowledge -- you just have to coax it out of him ;)

I picture John Stevenson in much the same way except, like most Brits, he's more civil than his American equivalent.

Fasttrack
10-24-2006, 05:24 PM
"I like Millman -- he's the grumpy old machinist with thick, calloused fingers, and permanent coolants stains on his arms. He's a gold-mine of practical knowledge -- you just have to coax it out of him

I picture John Stevenson in much the same way except, like most Brits, he's more civil than his American equivalent."

:D Yup

BillH
10-24-2006, 05:38 PM
You know, im sure Millman knows his stuff, but who cares if he is reluctant to share it? I can appreciate his feelings on wanting people to read up first and learn on their own, just the way the man goes about saying things.
I once asked a guestion about Hand Scraping and Forest Addy replied in such detail that I copied the entire thing and printed it out, he wrote it as if it was an artical for the magazine. You should be able to find it in the archives.

IOWOLF
10-24-2006, 05:47 PM
I accept Millman for what he is,A no nonsense old time toolmaker, who had to learn when there was no internet and few books on the subject so he had to learn from a grumpy old toolmaker who probably spoke broken English.
I learned alot of what is in My head from a guy in a pattern shop and some from A guy named Doc,An ex navy toolmaker with one eye.

Your Old Dog
10-24-2006, 07:32 PM
Okay guys you got me convinced. Millman is a prince of a fellow. One of the bright spots on the board. I may have been to firm on him. Now that I know knocking the teeth out of new board member can be excused do to ones character I'm ready to have some fun of my own.

Deledge, front and center son for inspection! I got two eyes but they are both cocked in differant directions for effect. I carry my head low and my chin pointing up right over your left shoulder so I can look at you with my left eye. I chew tobacco and got a poor aim. Back of my sleaves are coverd with juice. Got gear oil in my blood and I just learned how to cut a thread on the lathe a couple days ago. (no $hit, I did!) Now lets have a go at it :D

Mcgyver
10-24-2006, 07:51 PM
Millman for class president

so no friend after all, well Iowolf you've got us :D

IOWOLF
10-24-2006, 07:55 PM
Well now that we have found the opposite of Millman,No, Not Millwoman.....

IOWOLF
10-24-2006, 07:59 PM
Millman for class president

so no friend after all, well Iowolf you've got us :D

Well he has got more to do than hang here every day,He is not hooked yet.

PHiers
10-24-2006, 07:59 PM
Hey Wolf,

Did you make this guy up or what?? Oh I know, he doesn't want anyone here to know that he knows you. :D
(lots of "knows" in that sentence)

Welcome aboard deledge!! It is a fun place.

IOWOLF
10-24-2006, 08:01 PM
OK I confess,I have no friends.

speedsport
10-24-2006, 10:30 PM
Wolfie, you have friends, have you forgotten Adrian?

BillH
10-24-2006, 11:51 PM
OK I confess,I have no friends.
Ah Adrian sure loved giving you attention, sure you have no friends?
The ole Iowolf/Adrian flame wars, or Evan and Adrian going at it, or Evan vs XXX,YYY,ZZZ depending on the phase of the moon. Then there was that jewlery maker and his cat at the rest stop, and the other guy that would go back and replace all his posts with ... Man, I have been here for awhile. Reminds me, I miss Thrud!

rsr911
10-25-2006, 12:02 AM
Welcome to the board/forum!

deledge
10-25-2006, 04:39 PM
Sorry I took so long to reply, I was in class all morning. Yes he does have friends. It will take me some time to get on to this as this if my first time in any chat room or what ever you call it.

So I say thanks for the warm welcome and back at you.

IOWOLF
10-25-2006, 05:19 PM
:p See I told you guys he was real.

Your Old Dog
10-25-2006, 05:49 PM
Yea. There he is. Did you read the title of his post? "Just want to say hello!"

Yea it starts with a simple hello and then the next thing you know he'll be asking questions. What the hell is this forum coming to I ask? Anybody going to show him how to use the search engine so he don't bother us other rookies with trivial questions?

JUST KIDDING DELEDGE. I'M SHOUTING NOW SO YOU DON'T MISS THIS! Welcome to the forum, check your manners at the door and don't bother with the search archives. If you did do a search there wouldn't be much on this board as everything has been covered 10 times over. :D We pride ourselves here as being plain speaking, tell it like it is guys on this board so if someone kicks you in the teeth that's okay, you can just kick'em right back! If someone goes down the junior members are asked to wait till one of the senior members hollers "PILE-ON" before jumping into the fracas with all fours! It's gonna be great fun, you're gonna love it :D :D