PDA

View Full Version : bad day in the workshop

ptjw7uk
10-24-2006, 12:20 PM
Having a bad day in the workshop. Doing a woodwork job and scoring browny points for the misses and was just about to cut some timber to length when I
heard ametallic ting and a thud, I instantly knew what I had done. The new rear toolpost had fallen on the floor and broke the parting blade that I made the toolpost to fit, as usual I have mislaid the ebay notes about the blade. I really must slow down and put things away out of harms way, trouble is if they are put away I may never find them again just like the parting blade.

Still I finished the misses job only got to paint it tneh get some workshop space back!!

Peter

Alistair Hosie
10-24-2006, 12:35 PM
If you break enought stuff you'll soon regulate your self believe me Alistair

TECHSHOP
10-24-2006, 04:55 PM
I am with you on this on,

1) Dropped a lathe down the last few stairs during a relocation.
2) Mill stil motorless, with the spindle out,
3) Had a heck of a time moving a 12" jointer (wood working, UK calls this machine something else) from the truck to the workshop, have taken a few days "light duty" around the house. Unlike my mill this felt every bit of its 1000+ lbs.

and the winner,

4) as I returned with the jointer off the bed of my truck, I witness a 40+ MPH gust of wind, rip the roof off my summer workshop :eek:

so far this week isn't going any better, see you all closer to the week end.

Wayne02
10-25-2006, 02:02 AM
Sorry to hear of your misfortunes. Just a little motivational pick-me-up to brighten your day... :)

http://images.despair.com/products/demotivators/problems.jpg

ptjw7uk
10-27-2006, 07:49 AM
Just been on the web and found the price of the parting blade I broke £66.00 or $118. It was a J J Churchill P3N1.5 Emprite, no wonder it parted like a dream, there is just enough of the blade to cut upto 1.5" diameter.
I think I got it for £5.00 on ebay jsy shows what bargains one can pick up(until you break them)
Peter

Evan
10-27-2006, 11:36 AM
It could have been worse, just like this one.

http://vts.bc.ca/pics/worse1.jpg

TECHSHOP
10-27-2006, 10:52 PM
If that is the bait, I'd hate to see the fish!

Well, I got the tarps on the roof before the rain, but the weather people are saying 50+ MPH gusts on Sat. I hope my shop doesn't end up looking like the English(?) posters shop. (My luck the shop will flood, and then the temp will drop below freezing...)

Well, at leas, I'll have enough things to do this winter!