PDA

View Full Version : Colloidal Silver Generator

A.K. Boomer
10-30-2006, 11:49 AM
Iv built my own Colloidal Silver Generator from a couple of 99.999 perent pure troy onces I had laying around the house, an old 9 volt DC cordless phone transformer, and i had to buy a cheap fish aquarium air pump with aireator ( $8.50) The results? Im making a quart and a half of colloidal silver per day and sweeling it down, since 6oz. from the health food store cost over 30 bucks this is pretty good considering a gallon of distilled water sets me back 80 cents and the coins will probably last a lifetime..

For those of you who dont know what C.S. is it is small silver particals held in suspension by an electrical charge, the bennies is its one of the most naturally occuring anti biotics on the planet -- it can wipe out over 650 different types of bacteria/viruses and fungi, it is used in the water filtration on most major airlines, it is used as a lining on all the plumbing of the space shuttles to prevent the spread of disease and many many more aplications.

A little history ---- silver has long been known to have these properties (4,000 years +) silverware was actually silverware for this reason, it was actually a pain in the butt because it tarnished all the time but its medicinal purposes kept it around up untill recently, back in the day (before refrigeration) it was common practice to keep a silver dollar in the milk jug and this would keep the milk from spoiling for many more days ---- You cannot overdose on C.S. but you can after years of injesting large quanities (esp. if its in bulk and not biotic or coloidal) develope Argyria which is just a fancy name for "blueing of the skin"
It is for this reason that Royalty has recieved its nickname "blueblood"
The peasants could not afford silver so they were immune to this effect, but not immune to many sicknesses and diseases, Argyria is actually rare but people back then had it more than todays modern techniques because they would grind it up into a powder and eat it, this is crude as the micron size of the coloidal gets to most places in the body (with much smaller dose) and biotic is even more refined,

there -- now you know everything you wanted to know about C.S.

If you care to learn more this is a pretty good site www.alternativescentral.com/colloidalsilver.htm

Scishopguy
10-30-2006, 12:06 PM
Boomer,

Interesting info. I have a friend who just bought a commercial rig to make his own CS. It cost him $70 or $80 bucks. I have all the stuff around to build one of these rigs. I tried the link but the info could not be found on that server (it said). If you find it again please post it again.

Thanks,

Todd Tolhurst
10-30-2006, 12:10 PM
More info:

http://www.fda.gov/bbs/topics/ANSWERS/ANS00971.html
http://www.quackwatch.org/01QuackeryRelatedTopics/PhonyAds/silverad.html
http://nccam.nih.gov/health/alerts/silver/index.htm

Evan
10-30-2006, 12:16 PM
What Todd "said".

It doesn't take a lot of silver poisoning to end up like this. It's permanent too.

http://www.doh.state.fl.us/pharmacy/Images/silver1.jpg

A.K. Boomer
10-30-2006, 12:21 PM
Boomer,

Interesting info. I have a friend who just bought a commercial rig to make his own CS. It cost him $70 or $80 bucks. I have all the stuff around to build one of these rigs. I tried the link but the info could not be found on that server (it said). If you find it again please post it again.

Thanks,

I updated the link and its works for me now so it should for you,

WOW that dude looks coooooool!

Evan --- you gotta try drinking this stuff while upside down --- its a trip bro..

Im just going for that light blue tint and then i plan on backing off some.

Evan
10-30-2006, 12:55 PM
Unfortunately there is a considerable time delay. By the time the "tint" shows up it is way too late. After that you develop, literally, a darker shade of pale each time you go out in the sun.

Could be good for next Halloween though...

Your Old Dog
10-30-2006, 01:23 PM
The thoughts of turning blue leave me cold. Blaze Orange on the other hand might have kept this guy from running over my foot as I'd been standing infront of his car for a good 8 minutes working.

Mad Scientist
10-30-2006, 01:56 PM
Boomer:

From the health sites I frequent you are definitely doing this the right way.
6-9 volts DC, with about 8 ounce of water for two hours while aerating with an aquarium pump.

You can drink it. Wash with it. It is good for "just" about anything that ails you. BUT drug companies don’t like you using it, because it is too cheep and you can “make it yourself”. :)

If you want to turn blue you need to drink gallons of the stuff over a long period of time, although some have done it.

John Stevenson
10-30-2006, 01:59 PM
I just hope none of these freaks are in front of me next time I fly.
It's bad enough trying to get thru security without shoes on let alone getting one of these twonks lighting up the alarms.

QSIMDO
10-30-2006, 02:06 PM
-- it can wipe out over 650 different types of bacteria/viruses and

Uhh...would that also include the stuff I'm eating yogurt for to put in my system? :?

thistle
10-30-2006, 02:15 PM
na , waste of time ,
I prefer the traditional occasional 2 fingers worth of
quicksilver ,folowedby a tot of rum as well,
keeps the venereals at bay , good for intestinal fortitude , as well as keeping the hobias and sundy other curses spells and witchery away.

miker
10-30-2006, 03:21 PM
Evan said, " a darker shade of pale each time you go out in the sun."

Is this because you start to act like a photographic plate?
Silver Halides?

Could you eventually become a Negative?

Rgds

Evan
10-30-2006, 03:28 PM
Here is a good writeup on colloidal silver use including estimated dosages required to cause adverse side effects.

http://dermatology.cdlib.org/111/case_reports/argyria/wadhera.html

john hobdeclipe
10-30-2006, 03:44 PM
At 55 years, I've yet to have any illness that a bottle of rum wouldn't cure.

Evan
10-30-2006, 04:05 PM
Is this because you start to act like a photographic plate?
Silver Halides?
Yes, but no halogens. It is likely silver sulphides that do it in the case of drinking colloidal silver. I used to operate my own darkroom for years since I was a kid but have stopped since the advent of high res digital photography. You have to be careful about absorbing silver from the developing chemicals, especially the fixer. It can be absorbed through the skin.

A.K. Boomer
10-30-2006, 08:28 PM
Uhh...would that also include the stuff I'm eating yogurt for to put in my system? :?

Qsimdo, this was one of my concerns, a few different sites iv visited have stated that it does not effect the bacteria in the gut as drastic as many of the other bad bugs, one stated thats because its a more advanced bacteria but that could be hog wash just to sell more C.S. for all i know --- C.S. kills by destroying an enzyme that is used by most pathogens enableing them to breath --- so they basically suffocate within minutes, it may work on anaerobic bugs too but in a different way, At any rate im not comfortable with the idea of destroying the good bacteria in my guts because its the area im trying to improve in the first place so i dont just eat a little yogurt now and then, I take solaray Multidophilis 12, It has 12 different probiotic strains and 10 Billion of them per capsule and i take them
daily.

Evan you crack me up on how will will track down the worst case of "blue man" and post it imediatly to scare the hell out of everyone (but kudo's to you - it is after all halloween)
Perhaps we should choose some people who had some diseases and didnt take thier Colloidal Silver --- have thier bodys exhumed and post a Pic of what thier face looks like now... (see --- i have perspective too)

I dont know, but im sure glad i didnt listen to you about hanging upside down because my back feels great now:D nuthin but luv, Boomer

Todd Tolhurst
10-30-2006, 08:55 PM
How does it work against viruses? Surely it doesn't "suffocate" them?

A.K. Boomer
10-30-2006, 09:14 PM
Thats a good question, i havnt read anything on how, Viruses are very strange --- there is some arguement as if they can actually be considered as being alive because a metabolism is non-existant, so your right they cant be suffocated as we know suffocation, how do you kill something that half the virologists dont even think is alive? yet we have tons of stuff that "kills" (or makes it inop.somehow) every virus known to man, its just that it would kill us too, and also the fact that viruses intertwine within our own cells --- viruses are tricky crafty little devils, can you believe we got space probes floating past all kinds of planets out there sending back info and such and we have these little things right in front of our microscopes and are unable to do anything about it? viruses are highly advanced little bastards...

rsr911
10-30-2006, 09:33 PM
At 55 years, I've yet to have any illness that a bottle of rum wouldn't cure.

Except alcoholism which can be deadly if left untreated.

DancingBear
10-30-2006, 09:49 PM
Unless you're already sick, why would you need an antibiotic? And if you are sick, why not just go to the doctor?

Check out Todd's links. This stuff is pure snake oil.

Walt

Evan
10-30-2006, 09:53 PM
How does it work against viruses? Surely it doesn't "suffocate" them?

Aw, come on. It can't take more than one or at most two micro particles of silver to clog their tiny little lungs.

AZSORT
10-30-2006, 09:55 PM
I built a silver generator for my wife from a irrigation timer and modified the 24v output with a constant current source (LM317) so that the silver generation is consistent no matter what the conductivity of the water is.

Fasttrack
10-30-2006, 10:17 PM
"Aw, come on. It can't take more than one or at most two micro particles of silver to clog their tiny little lungs."

rotflmao

madman
10-30-2006, 10:43 PM
THAT DUDE LOOKED SO UNHEALTHY. Whadyh talking about and gettin yerself into. Just eat healthy and avoid those white breads white pasta and trans fats. Oh dont worry you will all die soon enough. Guaranteed.

A.K. Boomer
10-30-2006, 11:56 PM
Unless you're already sick, why would you need an antibiotic? And if you are sick, why not just go to the doctor?

Check out Todd's links. This stuff is pure snake oil.

Walt

Dancing bear, check out many of the drugs "doctors" use to treat just about anything,, many are highly toxic to your liver and many many many people have died because of this, but i know, its mainstream so that means its ok right? yet some poor smuck turns a pretty shade of blue and every body has a coniption... Doctors in general --- suck.

Snake oil? sure is some expensive oil to be coating the internal plumbing of the space shuttle with huh?

A.K. Boomer
10-31-2006, 12:00 AM
I built a silver generator for my wife from a irrigation timer and modified the 24v output with a constant current source (LM317) so that the silver generation is consistent no matter what the conductivity of the water is.

Sweet --- thats whut im talkin bout, aint it great to cheat the system, aint it wunnerful to not be a sheep... bbbaaaaa ---- bbbaaaaa

Evan
10-31-2006, 12:38 AM
check out many of the drugs "doctors" use to treat just about anything,, many are highly toxic to your liver and many many many people have died because of this, but i know, its mainstream so that means its ok right?
There is a big difference Boomer. Certainly many of the drugs that are prescribed are toxic. That's how they work. Many organisms that need to be killed have similar enough metabolisms to humans that the drugs used to kill them can also kill us.

The difference between such drugs and treatments such as colloidal silver is the risk vs benefit. Drugs such as Lamasil which is an antifungal are indeed toxic to the liver but they are also often effective at eradicating fungi. The risk of liver damage is low enough to make the benefit worthwhile in most cases. It's the job of the doctor to make that judgement with the patients informed consent.

In the case of colloidal silver taken internally the risk of adverse side effects is high, and it isn't just blue skin. It can also cause serious liver damage and is known to accumulate in the liver. The benefits are mostly unproven and if they even exist any benefit that might accrue is not normally worth the risk. Certainly silver does have bacteriostatic properties in vitro. It is NOT an effective antibiotic as it does not actively kill bacteria except in very heavy doses. It does prevent the growth of bacteria in vitro and that is a very different thing.

There isn't significant evidence that it has such action in vivo to a beneficial degree except in very limited uses such as preventing blindness due to syphilis in newborns. The risk/benefit analysis falls heavily on the side of not using it as it has insufficient proven benefit as a prophylactic treatment for most pathogens and very few uses as a treatment for pathological conditions. The risk however is very well established and not in doubt.

dp
10-31-2006, 12:53 AM

Once you get enough current flowing into them to make them glow, standard incandescent light bulbs make great constant current sources. And they let you know they're working. I'd be willing to bet though that since LEDs have taken over the little flea bulbs are becoming hard to find.

speedy
10-31-2006, 05:46 AM
Hi Ho Silver, awayyyyyy.
I use a home made CS generator as well.It works for me when needed.

Garlic is also good for prevention and cure.
Green lipped mussells to treat arthritus(?) and they also make a good meal.

A.K. Boomer
10-31-2006, 11:35 AM
There is a big difference Boomer. Certainly many of the drugs that are prescribed are toxic. That's how they work. Many organisms that need to be killed have similar enough metabolisms to humans that the drugs used to kill them can also kill us.

The difference between such drugs and treatments such as colloidal silver is the risk vs benefit. Drugs such as Lamasil which is an antifungal are indeed toxic to the liver but they are also often effective at eradicating fungi. The risk of liver damage is low enough to make the benefit worthwhile in most cases. It's the job of the doctor to make that judgement with the patients informed consent.

Evan, like many others your perspective is greatly "blurred" when it comes to this subject, check out your very own M.S.D.S. that you recently posted and how you had to see if you have enough liver to handle the drug before it was administered, Now read the first thread out of tons that i just stumbled across on ask.com;

[Lamisil is a tablet medication for the treatment of onychomycosis, or nail fungus. The FDA issued a public health advisory warning physicians of the link between Lamisil and hepatic adverse events. The Lamisil risks include liver failure that can lead to death or liver transplant. Manufacturer Novartis Pharmaceuticals revised the labeling for Lamisil in the Warnings, Precautions, and Adverse Reactions sections.
The FDA received 16 reports of liver failure cases in Lamisil patients as of April 2001. In addition, prescribing errors have occurred instead of prescribing Lamisil patients have received Lamictal, an anti-epileptic.

Lamisil Side Effects
Lamisil side effects are very dangerous and deadly. The FDA found the Lamisil side effects to be so dangerous that a public health advisory warning was issued, in addition to Lamisil labeling changes. The FDA had received reports of liver failure in Lamisil patients, often leading to death.

There were 16 Lamisil side effects liver failure reports as of April 2001. When the Lamisil side effects warning was issued, healthcare professionals were sent letters alerting them of the reports of Lamisil liver failure, transplantation, and death. Physicians were recommended to take nail specimens for lab testing in potential Lamisil patients to reduce unnecessary risk of Lamisil side effects.

More Lamisil Information
Some patients suffering nail fungus may want to seek alternatives to Lamisil, particularly if running a high risk of suffering Lamisil side effects. There has been an increased risk of suffering Lamisil liver failure, transplantation, and death and some patients with preexisting conditions could better benefit from alternatives to Lamisil. An FDA public health advisory warning was issued after reports of liver failure and death had been made, and the FDA recommended physicians first take nail specimens for lab testing before determining if Lamisil will best suit the patient or if alternatives to Lamisil should be considered.]

Now,,, getting back to the #1 use of lamisil, nail fungus --- this means that people are giving up thier lives for nail fungus, this report was way back in 2001 (not sure but wasnt that close to the first year that drug came out? How many hundreds of people since?) This is a far cry from any kind of colloidal silver damage that can be done unless somebody goes totally insane with silver doseage, perspective Evan, were talking about your MSDS report that says if lamisil comes in contact with any of your clothing that it has to be imedietly washed! perspective Evan, were talking about millions of people still using utensils to eat with and drinking the water that most all major airlines filter and disinfect it with --- Silver, ALL hospitals that use it in a specific form on the wounds of burn victims because it is second to none for disinfecting and accelerating the healing process --- I ask any of you this, who is the quack? The Moron that bombards his entire system with a highly toxic poison to get rid of a nail infection and takes the chance of vapor-locking his liver when it might take more time but a few drops of oregano oil, tea tree oil, or grapefruit seed extract twice a day to the effected area poses ZERO risk to anything, dispite the lamisil comercial saying local treatments cant work they are mistaken when it comes to powerful natural anti fungals in a liquid form, its takes time but they permeate the nail and then it is imposible for fungus to exist.
Yet people are sheep -------- because some idiot in a lab mixes this crap up and the money hungry Drug companies cant wait and they use thier powerful influences to get things approved without proper testing and give doctors all kinds of incentives to peddle thier CRAP you are the ginea pig,

BBBAAAA BBAAAA or should i say sheep? Think a little people

Perspective Evan, how many bodies would have to be exhumed since 2001 for people who tried to kill a nail fungus?
Can you imagine posting there faces and what they look like right now and saying --- this guy was trying to kill his toe nail fungus, My imediate responce would be -- God --- what an absolute idiot...

Whether it kills them or not Most people find comfort in something that the masses are doing, but to me its a big red flag... ask "why" once in awhile.

And remember --- in the medical field things are a gray area for many of us mostly because of the very advanced chemistry involved, but thier are some things they cant hide from us, like doctors amputating the wrong limbs or all the thousands of surgical instruments that have been left inside of people including "shop" rags and such, here's a little news flash, when you introduce the chemistry factor things get even worse, not all -- but most doctors should not be doing what thier doing --- and most of the rest of them are already bought and paid for,,, you want to roll those dice go right ahead...

kinda funny "blue man" is the drastic example but yet is still hanging around to get his pug posted all over the internet whilst people who had a nail infection are 6' under pushing daisies, makes you wonder who's crazy huh?

Perspective --- aint it wunnnerful?

Evan
10-31-2006, 12:31 PM
Nail fungus sounds trivial until it progresses to the point of amputation of the toes. Then it isn't so trivial. Speaking of perspective, the rate of liver problems with Lamisil (Terbinafine) is less than 0.01% when taken as directed. All drugs that are bioactive are toxic to some degree, even vitamins. Do you have any idea what the rate of liver damage is with colloidal silver?

The MSDS I posted was warning of the hazards related to uncontrolled exposure, not medical use. It is a powerful drug and caution is warranted in using it. The difference is that when taken in a controlled and known dosage as directed the chance of adverse side effects is very low.

More perspective: How much silver are you taking? Do you have any idea what the dose rate is? Do you know what dose rate can lead to toxicity? Silver is also hepatotoxic. Do you have any idea if your liver is able to handle it? I had a liver screening done before I started the Lamisil so that in the event of any serious side effects there was a reference point to compare with as well as to establish if there was any reason to not prescribe it. Have you done the same for silver? If not then why not?

Do you have any idea if the unregulated and untested "therapy" that you are self administering is doing other long term damage? Metals in general when bioaccumulated have significant adverse effects in the long term. Silver is no exception. How much harm is it doing vs benefit? Is there any benefit? If there is a benefit how do you know that?

You are right about one thing, it is all about perspective.

As for the "information" you just "quoted" am I right in presuming that you just copied that from another forum? You didn't provide a link.

A.K. Boomer
10-31-2006, 02:31 PM
Evan --- like i said i just went to ask.come and punched in lamisil or lamisil deaths and it was the first warning one i came across, I just found this real quick on google http://archives.cnn.com/2001/HEALTH/conditions/05/10/drug.warning/index.html

You know what puzzles me is niether has anything about post 2001 almost like its some kind of big secret...

The nail fungus getting to the point of toe amputation is of course an extreme case but if it ever gets that bad lets hope the doctors have the common sense to cut off the right ones...

Your arguement about silver verses toxic chemicals does not hold any merit with me, Silver is naturally occuring, Silver is very well tolerated in the human body --- is in many of our foodstuffs and has a track record of over 4,000 years when taken in larger quanities, people can always get extreme and even cause complications by drinking to much water, thier will always be extremes, the study of silver not being essentual for normal function cannot really be est. since everybody has traces of it in thier system and it is all but imposible to avoid, lamisil and drugs like sporanox are very chemically complicated synthesized structures as compaired to a common element, you feel alright with that then thats your chioce but i for one dont like the thought of some smuck guessing about the chemistry of the human body and throwing a bunch of crap at it and calling it good, Recent history is no proving grounds , however - we know from all the way back from the romans that lead is a bad thing to build water pipes out of, But we also know that silver is a great benifit to use and have carried it on with even useing it for eating utensils and the like, silver mugs and goblets were common practice and it wasnt because it was maintenence free --- quite the opposite, real silverware needs constant maintenence in the form of polishing and removing the oxidation, but people did it because they knew it helps in killing germs on the utensils,

Brewing your own colloidal is to involved to go into telling you everything about it but it involves a time limit with the proper voltage and amperage and an ohms meter to verify your parts per billion, there is a vast amount of resources out there to tell you what is safe by people who have done it just to ward off illness and theve done it for decades...

Todd Tolhurst
10-31-2006, 02:41 PM
Your arguement about silver verses toxic chemicals does not hold any merit with me, Silver is naturally occuring

Heh. So is arsenic, mercury, lead, and so on. "Natural" doesn't mean healthy.

Silver is very well tolerated in the human body --- is in many of our foodstuffs

In trace amounts.

Brewing your own colloidal is to involved to go into telling you everything about it but it involves a time limit with the proper voltage and amperage and an ohms meter to verify your parts per billion, there is a vast amount of resources out there to tell you what is safe by people who have done it just to ward off illness and theve done it for decades...

One of the pro-colloidal-silver sites I visited made it very clear that a simple electrolytic setup such you you apparently have simply cannot produce colloidal silver; it can only produce ionic silver, which apparently has little of the magical properties of CS. I don't know if that's true, but if so, apparently you're drinking the wrong stuff.

Evan
10-31-2006, 02:48 PM
Your arguement about silver verses toxic chemicals does not hold any merit with me, Silver is naturally occuring,
You know better than that. Lead, arsenic, mercury and uranium are also naturally occuring. The body can also tolerate large amounts of those elements but not without damage. Arsenic is well known for it's medicinal properties and was used for centuries to treat VD and even to produce fair skin in women. Silver also causes damage and accumulates in the various organs of the body, permanently. You can't reverse it later.

You would do well to remember that in the last 4000 years that people have been using silver (according to you) most of that time they were lucky to live to age 40. That isn't exactly a glowing testimonial of the benefits of taking silver internally.

The fact that something may be complicated chemically says nothing about it, good or bad. Chocolate has over 300 identified chemical compounds in it many of which if isolated would be prohibited from human consumption.

Silver in food occurs only in tiny trace amounts in the nanogram range if at all. There is a world of difference between the amount of silver you take in in a normal diet and intentionally dosing yourself with solutions of the raw metal. That is not a valid comparison in any way. Also, the human body has no known requirement for any amount of silver however small. It is not a required trace element like selenium or many other metals.

Because of silver's scarcity it is a safe bet that the human body has not evolved specific mechanisms for dealing with silver and so does the best it can by taking it out of circulation and sequestering it where it can do the least damage. The skin is a good example of that as is the liver.

BillH
10-31-2006, 02:54 PM
Pine Sol and chlorox can kill bacteria, however that does not mean you should drink it.

lynnl
10-31-2006, 02:55 PM
Hey, if you have toenail problems I highly recommend you do what I do, just go have the nail removed and be done with it.

Most of my life I suffered off and on with recurring, painful ingrown toenails. Then several years ago, with a real painful episode, I had the thing removed. Since then I've had two (or maybe it's three ...don't want to take my shoes off to count :D) others removed. After a couple of months the toe is as tough and non-sensitive as with the nail on.

The only downside is that scratching one itching foot with the other while laying in the bed, is not as effective and satisfying as before.

A.K. Boomer
10-31-2006, 02:58 PM
Heh. So is arsenic, mercury, lead, and so on. "Natural" doesn't mean healthy.

Right over your head Todd, sorry -- i'll try to make this more simpler for you,

Naturally occuring means its going to have a very long--- long --- long history with mankind and all his experiments with it, there --- hows that? the very reason you bring up these other natural toxic substances is because you know knowbody can agrue with that kind of track record --- congrats--- welcome to the discussion on silver!

In trace amounts.

Trace amounts? No, when you eat it for breakfast lunch and dinner everyday of your life its hardly trace amounts -- talkin bout your average household too, let me add something, if these utensils were made of lead how long you think a fella would last?

One of the pro-colloidal-silver sites I visited made it very clear that a simple electrolytic setup such you you apparently have simply cannot produce colloidal silver; it can only produce ionic silver, which apparently has little of the magical properties of CS. I don't know if that's true, but if so, apparently you're drinking the wrong stuff.

No -- i can make colloidal what i cant produce with my curent setup is biotic, its particals are even smaller that the colloidal...

Todd Tolhurst
10-31-2006, 03:12 PM
No -- i can make colloidal

Nope, according the FAQ (http://www.silver-colloids.com/Papers/FAQ.html) at www.silver-colloids.com, electrolytic setups like yours don't produce colloids at all, just an ionic silver solution.

The web site in question clearly has a great deal of information about colloidal sliver; the people behind it obviously know all about this stuff. Anyway, I saw it on the web, so it must be true.

Advice on making colloidal silver

We do not provide advice on making colloidal silver at home. Many companies sell colloidal silver generators and dozens of web sites provide information for experimenters and home hobbyists. All the machines sold for making colloidal silver use an electrolysis process and make ionic silver. There are no machines sold that are capable of making true colloidal silver. Please do not email questions seeking advice on buying, selecting, using, or making this type of equipment, we cannot provide any help, sorry.

Are machines available that can make 'true colloids' at home?

No. All colloidal silver generators on the market produce ionic silver. There is no equipment for sale by any manufacturer that will produce 'true colloidal silver' consisting of mostly silver nanoparticles.

A.K. Boomer
10-31-2006, 03:12 PM
Evan, like i stated with Todd, naturally occuring is not in any way shape or form saying its safe, what its stating and means is that its been around as long as us, we have centuries of history with it, (no offence but not just a couple years)
your arguement that people only lived 40 years is valid, but my arguement that people have only lived a couple after taking some of the new drugs is even more valid, Already complications? good god what happens after a decade? what about thirty years?
I can tell you exactly what im getting into --- can you tell me about everything with the toxic anti-biotics? -- no you cant, Simply put --- you dont have the proof and i do, simply put again -- the little proof you do have is very scary...

pcarpenter
10-31-2006, 03:16 PM
Whether it is colloidal silver or any number of other "alternative medicine" products, one thing is true: It is untested.

If eating silver is such a good idea that it is just *obvious* then it ought to be *really* easy to do a study that proves that. Get on with it if that is the case, but until then, its just a toxic hoax and people who use it are unlearned guinea pigs.

There is no such thing as "alternative medicine". Nothing that works safely remains "alternative" for very long.....Aspirin came from boiling bark and is now a common medical product produced by many drug companies very cheaply. There goes the argument about how big pharmaceutical companies can't make a bunch of money so it doesn't happen. Doctors recommend yogurt for its probiotic properties and no drug company gets a kickback. The difference is, they know that yogurt has real value from real studies.

I just cannot understand how the same tinfoil hat crowd that thinks everything is a conspiracy between medicine and the drug companies is OK with promoting something that demonstratably turns people gray. That one ought to be obvious even if you do no further testing for damage. Let the drug companies make something like that and these folks would be all over them about how irresponsible they are. If "alternative medicine" people want to start being credible, they need to start squashing their own hoaxes and doing some *real* science to demonstrate what they say is true. Hoax lovers use goofy terms like "emerging science".....which really translates to BS Science.

Going to start consuming uranium? I don't know that anyone has done any official medical testing that proves just how bad it is yet and we probably all have trace amounts floating around, therefore it must be important. Sounds like a great candidate for alternative medicine. It's been around for thousands of years too and is naturally occuring. No one did any testing because the general assumption is that people have better judgement than to eat it....but maybe not the tinfoil hat crowd.

Paul

Todd Tolhurst
10-31-2006, 03:24 PM
I'm just afraid the colloidal sliver might interfere with my magnet therapy. I'd ask my chiropractor, but he's always out dowsing on Tuesday afternoons.

I think the best, and most effective course of treatment is homeopathic colliodal silver, maybe at a potentization of 30C or so (1:10^60). That should be quite safe, and according to homeopathic theory, quite potent.

Mcgyver
10-31-2006, 03:24 PM
this definitely ranks up there on the hs bbs bizarrality scale, perhaps up there with the Jerry cat thread.

Anyway, I saw it on the web, so it must be true.

lol, well that settles it then

anyone have plans for an O3 maker? hehe

A.K. Boomer
10-31-2006, 03:25 PM
Colloid; A solid, liquid, or gaseous substance made up of very small, insoluble, non-diffusible particals that remain in suspension in a surrounding solid liquid or gaseous medium of different matter...

The electrolysis tears tiny particals off of the silver --- some i can actually see but most you cant, the silver particals are heavier than water but because the water and particals are charged the particals remain in suspension, this is colloidal silver.

A.K. Boomer
10-31-2006, 03:28 PM
this definitely ranks up there on the hs bbs bizarrality scale, perhaps up there with the Jerry cat thread.

lol, well that settles it then

anyone have plans for an O3 maker? hehe

That cut me up too,,, Todd -- you were just trying to make a funny werent you? intentionally or not it was a good one.

Todd Tolhurst
10-31-2006, 03:28 PM
The colloidal silver web site says you are wrong. Who should I believe?

SGW
10-31-2006, 04:03 PM
FWIW (perhaps not much), Dr. Andrew Weil thinks it's bogus.
http://www.drweil.com/drw/u/id/QAA363388

I find it interesting that he rejects it, since he's known for being a supporter of all types of alternative therapies.

topct
10-31-2006, 04:07 PM
The suggested ingestion of a metal of any kind or in any form, other than pure gold, is not recomended. (And that is for celebratory purposes only)

The suggestion that it cures anything is nothing more than the typical symptomatic approach to medicine.

Don't pull the splinter, just take an antibiotic.

The purple guys first clue would have been instant sanpaku. (An extreme amount of the white of the eye below the irus.) It might be yours also.

Regimen number seven will reverse the effects however. :)

Evan
10-31-2006, 04:23 PM
but my arguement that people have only lived a couple after taking some of the new drugs is even more valid, Already complications? good god what happens after a decade? what about thirty years?
I can tell you exactly what im getting into --- can you tell me about everything with the toxic anti-biotics? -- no you cant, Simply put --- you dont have the proof and i do, simply put again -- the little proof you do have is very scary...

While some medications can produce lasting side effects (death for instance) most medications that are actually tested and approved do not leave residual traces in the body to cause problems later. Ignoring such issues as teratogens and carcinogens medications that are cleared entirely from the body as most are aren't around to cause long term effects 20 years down the road. Silver is. You have no idea what you are getting into in the long term unless you possess special knowledge not known to the medical profession.

John Stevenson
10-31-2006, 04:30 PM
I'm just afraid the colloidal sliver might interfere with my magnet therapy. I'd ask my chiropractor, but he's always out dowsing on Tuesday afternoons.

What a pearler. Absolute blinder
This has got to be the best reply since Evan bowed to Millmans seniority

I defer to your seniority in the field.

laddy
10-31-2006, 04:37 PM
Sure sounds like Dr. Quack to me. Metals, heavy metals are nothing to fool with. You can kill yourself or do neurologic damage faster than Jack Rabbit

A.K. Boomer
10-31-2006, 05:09 PM
While some medications can produce lasting side effects (death for instance) most medications that are actually tested and approved do not leave residual traces in the body to cause problems later. Ignoring such issues as teratogens and carcinogens medications that are cleared entirely from the body as most are aren't around to cause long term effects 20 years down the road. Silver is. You have no idea what you are getting into in the long term unless you possess special knowledge not known to the medical profession.

Evan, some of the cell mutations that are occuring with any drug can have decades of delayed reactions, hydrogen peroxide is a good example, many people have used it as a mouthwash because it is a very powerful disinfectant, unfortunatly if not diluted to proper levels it increases the risk of cancer for decades down the road, the effects of silver have been documented for entire generations, its much better than a couple years and keeping your fingers crossed, Example, If silver was like asbestos to the lungs and like asbestos a naturally occuring substance that we exposed ourselves too then we would know what we know today that silver when inhaled has detrimental health effects years later, if lamisil was like asbestos and was only out a couple years we would think everything was just fine right now now wouldnt we?

You really dont know if your dealing with asbestos do you Evan, yet i know for a fact im not, naturally occuring has its advantages now doesnt it, its that perspective thing again aint it?

There are things to be considered when compairing a comlicated concoction that can not be replicated in nature to something that has not only been around for millions of years but has a track record because of it -- huge advantage in predicting the outcome because with one the outcome has already been predicted...
Do i know exacty what im getting into --- pretty much ---- but you dont have a clue.
Does my back feel much better now that i hang upside down for 15 minutes before bed time, Yup, did i think this could be a posibility when i built my chair - of course i did - thats why i built my chair,
My chair cost 18 bucks, what do you think the back quacks would have got out of me, surgery? tons of pain pills to mask the real problem,
and every day my back is getting a little better, its so good right now that i dont even think about it, This isnt the first time iv cheated the system my friend ---- the older i get the more i find that im actually starting to make a habit out of it -- and most of its really as simple as putting 2 and 2 together,
one of the 2 and 2's is to ignore your hysteria, for if i took your advise about hanging upside down i may never have found out what its like to be this pain free again, You and PT can do what "they" tell you to, I will take all the info i can find and use my judgement skills and do what "I" want --- now there is the biggest difference, and one i can live with.

Evan
10-31-2006, 05:50 PM
There are things to be considered when compairing a comlicated concoction that can not be replicated in nature to something that has not only been around for millions of years but has a track record because of it

Nothing complicated about Terbinafine. It an allylamine with a base structure of C3H7N.

Complicated or not is not a criterion for judging the worth of lack of it of a medication.

Evan, some of the cell mutations that are occuring with any drug can have decades of delayed reactions,

Yes. I mentioned that. Many things can cause such disruptions to cells including sunlight, naturally occuring benzene compounds, oxygen radicals and possibly country music. So what? Those properties are intensely studied in the course of development of any drug.

I do hope for your sake that taking silver doesn't turn out badly for you. It can. If I must take a risk I prefer risks that have more information upon which to base my decision.

Gator
10-31-2006, 08:32 PM
I was reading this thread while having coffee this morning and before going for my dentist appointment.
While driving home from the dentist with my face all numb from having my cavity filled, it dawned on me that he had used silver on the cavity.
Will this type of silver have an effect on my body in the future - good or bad?
Now I'm getting paranoid....
My wife said she always asks for the tooth colored porcelain. Is she pulling my leg?

Evan
10-31-2006, 09:27 PM
I have bad news for you. It wasn't silver. It was mercury amalgam. :eek:

Don't worry too much. The mercury is well bound to the copper and silver. The mercury content is about 50% with the rest being a variety of metals. It's very controversial these days and just type in mercury amalgam in Google to get thoroughly confused.

Todd Tolhurst
10-31-2006, 09:28 PM
Silver amalgam, of course.

TECHSHOP
10-31-2006, 09:59 PM
I can't believe I read this entire thread!

I think I'll just load the six shooter with a silver bullet, and inject a lifetime supply.

Mad Scientist
10-31-2006, 10:26 PM
While there is no question that conventional medicine has done and can do some wondrous things still though to assume that it and only it has the best answers for everything that might ail you, is to say the least a bit naive.

Take cancer for an example. If you diagnosed with cancer what are you treatment options.

1. If you have a well-defined cancer tumor the surgeon can cut it out. However the every act of cutting it out can cause it to spread.

2. If it cannot be removed by surgery then they will use radiation treatments. In the 1930’s X-Rays were the standard treatment. Of course today we know X-Rays don’t work and can actually cause cancer. So today being that we are so much more enlightened we use nuclear radiation. But wait a minute doesn’t nuclear radiation also cause cancer? Oh but we are aiming it precisely at the tumor. Right like it is not going to effect the healthy tissue it has to go through before getting to the tumor and then once it gets to the tumor it is going to stop there and go no further.

3. If these two methods do not work we can use chemotherapy. Here just like nuclear radiation we a have bunch of toxic chemicals that can and do kill cancer cells. Unfortunately these same chemicals also kill off your immune system. Excuse me but if I have cancer the very last thing I would want is to have someone kill off my immune system, it is the only real defense I have, you might as well go for a dark ages bloodletting. So what we have here is a race to see what kill you first the cancer or the chemo but just like with blood letting if you perchance survive the doctors will proclaim they saved you.

There are alternative natural treatments that have shown good results in many areas "but" they do not fall with in conventional medicines guide limes and thus are not "allowed".

Cancer treatment is a big business and as long as there is big money to made, then meaningful changes are not likely to be made.

Todd Tolhurst
10-31-2006, 10:40 PM
I think anybody who has an effective cure for cancer won't have any trouble making very, very big money.

Evan
11-01-2006, 12:17 AM
"Curing" cancer is a pipe dream. It's a natural result of aging and exposure to mutagens that cannot be avoided, only reduced. The environment is full of natural mutagens and humans really only need to live long enough to see that the next generation is independent enough to do without them. If you live long enough you will almost certainly die with cancer if not from it. It's incredible already how efficient the cell reproductive system is at correcting and compensating for errors in transcription.

If you think just how poor a photocopy looks when it is recopied multiple times then imagine what it would look like recopying it 50 or 100 times. That's how good many cells are at faithfully reproducing the code and they aren't digital either. It's inevitable that errors will creep in and eventually they do. There isn't any way to stop that but it may be possible to reduce it. There are other limits too but if nothing else kills you then cancer probably will. It's a part of the human condition even without all the artificial causes we have created lately.

A.K. Boomer
11-01-2006, 01:46 AM
I have bad news for you. It wasn't silver. It was mercury amalgam. :eek:

Don't worry too much. The mercury is well bound to the copper and silver. The mercury content is about 50% with the rest being a variety of metals. It's very controversial these days and just type in mercury amalgam in Google to get thoroughly confused.

Remember the expression "mad as a hatter" its from the days when hatters used to use mercury to shape hats with, they would fill the hats with it upside down and then press against the weight of the mercury, this eventually led to mercury poisoning and one of the side effects is going insane, hence the expression "mad as a hatter"

As far as it in the teeth fillings I agree with Evan, its suposed to be bound and very stable and eating a can of tuna just once in awhile is something like 10 or 100 fold of what you would get from living with a mouth full of fillings...

Did you know a bar of lead floats in mercury, I think that would be wierd to see...

Swarf&Sparks
11-01-2006, 03:34 AM
So where does that leave me? I'm kinda fond of silver jewellery, been wearing it for 30 or so years :D

Evan
11-01-2006, 08:45 AM
Don't make a habit of snacking on it.

Michael Moore
11-01-2006, 12:30 PM
I think the best, and most effective course of treatment is homeopathic colliodal silver, maybe at a potentization of 30C or so (1:10^60). That should be quite safe, and according to homeopathic theory, quite potent.

Todd, did you hear about the homeopath who forgot to take his prescription and died of an overdose? :)

cheers,
Michael

dalesvp
11-01-2006, 01:02 PM
The benefits are mostly unproven and if they even exist any benefit that might accrue is not normally worth the risk. Certainly silver does have bacteriostatic properties in vitro. It is NOT an effective antibiotic as it does not actively kill bacteria except in very heavy doses.

There isn't significant evidence that it has such action in vivo to a beneficial degree except in very limited uses such as preventing blindness due to syphilis in newborns. The risk/benefit analysis falls heavily on the side of not using it as it has insufficient proven benefit as a prophylactic treatment for most pathogens and very few uses as a treatment for pathological conditions.

Actually, there is verified scientific and medical research:
http://www.svpvril.com/AgBIBLIO.html

pcarpenter
11-01-2006, 01:29 PM
That rather long list is really a much smaller list of authors referenced, in some cases, over and over.

I can't help but notice that most of the titles of the articles reference the effectivness of silver in killing off one variety of microbe or another. I don't think that anyone questioned whether silver can kill off some bacterias in water treatment or a petri dish. The question is whether human beings can ingest this killing agent without ill effects and whether the anti-bacterial effect is the same for orally consumed silver. We use Tinctures of merthiolate etc. on wounds to kill bacteria, but no one advocates drinking same to "prevent infections".

By comparison, Sodium Hypochlorite (bleach) and Triclosan are effective at killing many bacteria, but are not intended for regular oral human consumption. To apply the "logic" that goes with this whole colloidal silver thing: Ultraviolet light kills bacteria. Eating ultraviolet light bulbs on a regular basis is a way to avoid bacterial infections.

The questions here are:

1. Is it a good idea to take an anti-bacterial agent on an ongoing basis in the first place since not all bacterial effects are bad?

2. Is it safe for human beings to consume silver orally and does it have the same effect internal to the human body that is presumed from other uses like water treatment or wound treatment?

3. Are the things that are presumably fixed by silver consumption worse than the effects of silver consumption?

Can you tell me which of those 183 bibliographical references is to a study that clearly shows that consuming silver orally on an ongoing basis is safe and effective? I'd be happy to read that sort of information since it is the only sort that would apply to the discussion at hand.

Paul

A.K. Boomer
11-01-2006, 02:40 PM
Dont worry PT, i'll be wearing my tinfoil hat whenever I take it and I also have a backup plan, if things go awry Im now carrying my secret decoder ring so I can handle not everything but most everything that gets thrown at me,

I wish you luck in putting all your faith in other people who's soul purpose is to increase thier profits, If you have high cholesterol dont eat oatmeal and take niacin and change your diet and excercise, To much thinking and effort for you --- just get some crestor and your cholesterol will be good and low while your liver locks up and your loading up your pants in front of the TV whoofing down your last pork/mayo sandwhich...
Everybody wants to take a pill, all these pills cause side effects --- but dont worry they make pills for that , but those pills also cause side effects but dont worry they have you covered there too...

wonder how many drug companies are making pills for the pills for the pills they sell? you would be surprised...

treat the problem not the symptom, and when that fails then action must be taken...

"By comparison, Sodium Hypochlorite (bleach) and Triclosan are effective at killing many bacteria, but are not intended for regular oral human consumption."

WHAT? --------- then whut the fuqe is it doing in my drinking water for the past 46 years? (not that im in favor of this over superior silver purification)

"To apply the "logic" that goes with this whole colloidal silver thing: Ultraviolet light kills bacteria. Eating ultraviolet light bulbs on a regular basis is a way to avoid bacterial infections"

Get real PT.

There are so many methods that we can utilize to serv a pupose in the fight against disease and so many are in our control, Stop thinking so linear -----
Our bodies actually have a method that we can mimmick ourselfs with many things, fevers are not "Poison", but yet we get them in reaction to being sick - Iv knocked out a few Colds by just a trip to my local 108 degree hot springs and spending half the night there (er maybe it was seeing all the naked women running around since its a nudie place)
can you over cook it --- sure, but all you have to do is pay attention and drink tons of fluids...

thats just temperature, think of how many other methods kill off certain types of bugs some can and are being used and to make you feel more comfortable even in major hospitals around the globe, it doesnt always have to be a poison...

there are TONS of herbs that help or cure a variety of problems and some of your better "pills" are derived from them.

Not picking on you, but if one of us wears a foil hat the other looks exactly like a sheep who can not think for himself...

gotta go to work - have a nice day

Todd Tolhurst
11-01-2006, 02:42 PM
Actually, there is verified scientific and medical research:

None of the article references are linked to anything online, but I can't help but notice that not a single title contains the word "colloid".

pcarpenter
11-01-2006, 03:05 PM
AK-- I think you are missing the point. I am not taking *anything* for any sort of theraputic benefits from any pharmacomedical company or made in my basement. Anyone who is not with you on the colloidal silver bandwagon must somehow have "drunk the coolaid" and be in cahoots with the evil drug companies. Some people insist on buying into conspiracy theories that a little careful rational thought will dispute and then use the fact that others think they are nuts as further evidence of the conspiracy.

I am not for taking anything, regardless of whether I created it by electrolysis or some drug company created it via a deal with satan, if I don't need it. Do you have some major ailment that *evidentially* will be cured by colloidal silver or are you practicing the same sort of witchcraft you accuse the drug companies of, on yourself?

Chlorine in the water is a great example. I used to live in an area that got some portion of its water out of a river...which required a heavier dose of chlorine. I let that water sit and off-gas in my refrigerator. I probably still get some from my current supplier, but far less. Here is the important part: I would never intentionally consume "chlorine pills" to kill off whatever you think ails you by making it systemic. Disinfecting water is wholely different than consuming more chlorine under the assumption that it would disinfect me, systemically. I suppose you could argue that after you are dead from the chlorine long enough, even the bacteria die off....but you get my point.

The UV light thing was pretty much dismissed...but it should not be. I read through the bibliography and titles of the "research" suggested silver has been tested for use in treating wound infections topically and for disinfecting water. That is no where near the same thing as ingesting it and presuming it will systemically prevent the things that it kills when applied directly. Some things that work topically also work systemically. Others do not--or will kill you if ingested.

All I am saying is don't end up looking like one of your metalworking projects or dead because you think you are so much wiser than all the scientists who you believe are collaborating to keep you sick.

Paul

Mad Scientist
11-01-2006, 06:02 PM
http://www.cafeoflifepikespeak.com/Videos/Licensed%20To%20Pill.swf

A.K. Boomer
11-01-2006, 11:21 PM
Its all good, we all choose anyways when you think about it --- some people choose to leave it up to somebody else and thats ok --- for me everytime i do that i get screwed so i do things myself -- even being my own doctor,
yes iv been dealing with something for over 5+ years now, went to the docs right within the first couple months and they racked up a 5,000 dollar bill and shrugged thier shoulders, (i dont have health ins. so this really stings) iv since went about three times after and actually went on all kinds of anti-biotics for the first time in my life and i was 42 at the time, still no help, anyways i have now made progress on my own for the past couple years and am much better but not quite back to my old self, I will get there.

The water arguement in comparison to chlorine to colloidal silver is absurd, Low dose silver is very well tolerated and has been proven to work inside the human system, chlorine has terrible effects, and floride even worse.

i live by the river and they use tons of chlorine to kill all the bugs, bacteria, cyst and other stuff, this is a cheap way of getting things done and its effective but i will not drink this water till it is ran through my brita which removes all chlorine and other bad stuff, it does not however have a microbe filter so im still drinking these bugs, its just that thier dead. Iv often thought of the resourses it takes to treat so much water and kill everything in it and then make it semi-tolerable for human consumtion, what a waste, we water our yards and flush our toilets with this same water, and becaue we have to disinfect it in the cheapest manner (chlorine) the stuff probably isnt even good to put on our lawns yet we treat it all,
Why not have a little 1/2" line that runs to your house and is used just for drinking and cooking of very high quality purified non-chlorinated water, and then a bigger line of crude treated water that kills most of the bugs but is not sutible for consumtion, the cheaper cost of the crude water would offset the steeper cost of the more refined, so maybe you have to have two meters but thats cool...

To tell you the truth im just bouncing around right now --- iv found a handfull of things that help my situation and am always looking for more, its to early for me to tell you that the C.S. is making a difference for me, but i can tell you for certain of one thing that did --- nutri-biotics grape fruit seed extract has quite possibly saved my life, it was like night and day for me ,,, but just because something works good in one area of the body does not mean it works good in others, the GSE does not get into the bloodstream very well or if it does its imediatly filtered out by the liver ... C.S. is supposed to be able to cross this boundry with no problems ( people turning blue when they take too much is direct proof of that)

You say that there is no such thing as alternative medicine, GSE is your user friendly "drinkable bleach" equivilent.

This is not just grapefruit seed extract, it goes through a process;

Nutri-biotic GSE liquid concentrate contains citricidal, citricidal is a natural quaternary compound synthesized from the seed and pulp of certified organically grown grapefruit, the process converts the grapefruit bioflavonoids (polyphenolics) into an extremely potent compound that has been proven highly effective in numerous applications. Citricidal is used by health care professionals worldwide as nutritional support for individuals with certain health concerns...

Not only that -- many hospitals are now useing GSE instead of bleach to disinfect everything -- from wipeing down counters and tables to disinfecting linen and its just as effective at killing EVERYTHING but yet you can drink it in the recomended dosage as long as you replace the friendly bacteria in your guts, ( Iv taken ten times the recomended dose for weeks at a time with zero side effects, they have tried to find a toxic level but it is so user friendly to us that one has not been est. as of yet) Stuff is out there PT, you just have to look for it, believe me -- i dont know if id be around if it wasnt... and im not kidding one bit, it was like night and day for me, I just wish the GSE was systemic then all my problems would be over...

A.K. Boomer
11-01-2006, 11:23 PM
Hey Mad, whats your link about, its not working for me...:confused: :o :eek:

Swarf&Sparks
11-01-2006, 11:34 PM
on a more serious note, I've been using silver sulphadiazene (prescribed) for years, on ulcerated skin grafts. I can vouch for the antibacterial properties when applied topically.
Rgds, Lin.

Mad Scientist
11-02-2006, 12:11 AM
Hey Mad, whats your link about, its not working for me...:confused: :o :eek:

Hmmm. That’s strange, I just tried it again and it worked for me.
Try it again; if you can get it to work I think you will enjoy it. It is short little bit all about the number of pills that we take.

In the area I am in we all have our own wells, hence no problems with fluoride or chlorine. However I do use reverse osmosis on the drinking water. The village would love to give us city water, but nobody here wants their poisons. Or the increased taxes and fees that would come with it. About $2000 a year for something we now get virtually for free, they cannot understand our lack of interest. :rolleyes:

Evan
11-02-2006, 12:38 AM
Pure silver as would be found in a colloidal form is not bacteriocidal. It is bacteriostatic. As I said before, that is a big difference. It means that it won't kill bacteria but does prevent them from growing. It's used in water filters to stop the filter from growing hair. It doesn't kill the bacteria passing through it, it keeps the filter from becoming an ant farm.

BTW, it seems that few if any of those links speak of killing bacteria, merely inhibiting them. Also, many of them seem to have to do with the application of electricity, not silver.

rsr911
11-02-2006, 01:34 AM
All this talk of alternative medicine leads me to share a fact of my life.

I have struggled with panic disorder my entire adult life, even to the point that I developed a problem with alcohol trying to stop the attacks. Over the years of my recovery I've been on all sorts of medicine, some work some don't but they all have some side effects and some are not tolerable. About a year ago I dicovered meditation, true meditation in the Buddhist style and it has done more for panic attacks and life in general than all of the medications and doctor bills combined. This has worked so well for me that I was allowed to reserve a quiet corner on one of the mezzanines at our plant for me to meditate for a few minutes when I'm having a stressful day. Just a simple cushion on the floor in a dark corner, I spend 10-15 minutes up there and everything changes. I meditate for at least 20 minutes every morning and with a group once a week. The only side effect is that I've started sitting half lotus to train for full lotus and a long sit makes my legs hurt but that quickly subsides. My boss has noticed an increase in my productivity and demeanor to the point that he encourages me to sit from time to time and I'm to do so on the clock. This is a man of almost 80 who survived skin cancer, hepatitis and the Korean war all before his 26th birthday. He had a severe problem with a nosebleed that wouldn't stop and the doctors put him on heavy doses of blood coagulants which I'm sure contributed to his heart attack last year. Three days after a heart attack he was back to work. He's also a long time sufferer of urinary cystitis and painful problem of the bladder that requires frequent trips to the bathroom often with a catheder. Being a chemist he doesn't trust doctors these days to know about possible interactions and proper dosing, he keeps a log book of his medication and adjusts dosages himself. He also believes in the power of nature to heal the body and sticks to a strict diet with plenty of water and exercise. His mind is kept sharp by working for the company he founded without pay.

I'm not endorsing CS here, just don't think modern medical practicioners really know what they are doing.

A.K. Boomer
11-02-2006, 11:10 AM
911 --- For "most" problems I would take one of your buddhist shaman over a modern medical doctor any day of the week, they may lack the modern tech. tools to work with but they have a much better understanding of how and why people become ill --- the common doctor blames your body, the common shaman believes that we are all products of our environment, So instead of getting some guy who jots down your life history within a few sentences and then puts it in his pocket only to forget where its at because he's imediatly called away to work on somebody else the shaman listens to every detail, I can relate to this because Iv been a master mechanic most of my life, I work out of my own garage and when things get to busy I simply have to push people back, most of my customers are actually my close friends and I keep control of the word of mouth this way by telling them not to tell anybody else about the work that I do, I have three major priorities, To do the highest quality work while at the same time being as cost effecient to my friends that i can be and still be able to turn a good enough profit to make it worth my while, To me this is a great juggling act, and not many shops achieve all three of these things, Most are out right crooks so scratch out #2 priority right away, If a shop does have the latter two then its only a matter of time for #1 priority to suffer, word of mouth is a double edge sword, it takes the shops who start off with the best of intentions and destroys them by choking out thier Zen, get to busy and quality goes down the tubes, I have to have my Zen or its not worth it to anyone...
the shaman knows this too, its not uncommon pratice for a shaman to move in with the ill person for a couple weeks, they see what the person eats, drinks, breaths, and all the behavior patterns inbetween,
In real life this would make me a little uncomfortable but if its like me and cars and the person was a friend then this would change things drastically,
Im by no means saying this is the answer for anybody in this hustle and bustle day and age -------- here's what im saying, It is now posible with the wealth of information at our fingertips for a person of average intelligence to sort through all the crap out there if they take thier time, if they aproach things carefully and if they use common sense - To become ones own shaman, let me ask you this -- who knows better than you? your the one going on the constant test drive, pay the hell attention to how the car is behaving, none of us can translate what is going on with us in a five minute conversation with anybody, but yet thats how long it takes to "get a pill for a problem"

Thats bullsheet, thats proof in the pudding right there, IT IS corrupt PT, and as far as priority #2 its off the charts, check out your last hospital bill, they are required to break down the cost of things, some may have it in "code" but you can ask for a code list,,, I found out i paid $118.00 dollars for a gallon of distilled water, So you have insurance you say and it doesnt matter? wrong answer, somebody Is footing the bill, either you or your employer and if its your employer than that means its still you or you will be out of a job soon when your company falls, thats just the hospitals my friend, you sure you want to open the can of worms with the drug companies? Now were talking doctors that get free vacations as an incentive to peddle drugs that have not been properly tested and are killing people, its happening on a massive sale and its no secret,
Turn on a TV and count the drug commercials --- its insane, follow the money trail --- I know a girl who's been a surgery tech. for the past 8 years, recently she started to tell me about the inner workings of "the bizz"
I hope Im not conscious next time i have to go to the hospital because i will be kicking and screaming the entire time...
The only way i will be able to in a non-emergency situation is if iv exhausted all my resources first and have totally tossed my hands up in the air, then i will say to myself that its time to "roll the dice"...

Forgot to add 911, kudo's to you for taking the road less traveled, i commend you for thinking your way out of your problem.

Mad Scientist
11-02-2006, 12:52 PM
rsr911:
Great story. Congratulations and welcome to the REAL world!

Ries
11-02-2006, 05:47 PM
If Boomer drinks enough of this stuff, maybe we can chuck him up and turn him in the lathe.
And just think how much the swarf would be worth at the scrap yard!

Evan
11-02-2006, 05:49 PM
Boomer,

If you do turn blue make sure you save your dandruff. It's gotta be worth something.

A.K. Boomer
11-02-2006, 07:43 PM
Im just tip-toeing into it -- i drink a little and then i go out and work in the sun, things could go either blue or blue/gray or gray, i dont want to be gray or even blue/gray, but if its a nice shade of blue then im going for more:rolleyes: Yeah -- kinda like him to the left

rsr911
11-03-2006, 01:19 AM
Forgot to add 911, kudo's to you for taking the road less traveled, i commend you for thinking your way out of your problem.

I'm one who currently believes I have a "monkey mind" that needs to be calmed and cleared on a regular basis, I discovered that I didn't have a drinking problem rather I had a thinking problem. I didn't "think" my way out of this as much as I learned to ask myself and others the right questions, I discovered meditation during one such conversation with a former sufferer of panic disorder. I say former as this man is quite simply the calmest and most serene person I've ever met. He sits for an hour each morning and a half hour each night. Recently he came to visit my shop and calmly sat on a stool watching as I worked, when we were done he asked me what I thought about while I was machining. I was shocked to realize that I hadn't thought of any of the problems of the day, I hadn't let my mind wander from the task at hand for over an hour, he explained this was a form of mindfulness. "Wash the dishes to wash the dishes, nothing else" he says. He's taught me it's important to sometimes just be, just be a human being rather than a human doing. If you think about it modern life has turned many of us into human doings, it's no wonder the statistics on mental health and substance abuse are so high, we are literally driving ourselves crazy!

Taking the cotton out of my ears and sticking it in my mouth has given me the opportunity to actually learn new things. I no longer bring my prejudices to bear, I simply listen, read, watch, and learn. An open mind requires a great deal of house cleaning starting be spending time learning how to empty the mind followed by practicing mindfullness as much as possible. This process allows one to look at different or new ideas in a different light.

So no I didn't think my way into a cure, I learned my way into a cure.

My opinion so far in this thread is that many here (quite possibly out of concern for Boomer) have viewed CS in a prejudiced way, likely without their own knowledge that they are thinking that way. Someone once told me that to think outside the box meant first defining just what the box is. Wise words I might add.

My suggestion to you Boomer is that you do what is right for you after you've studied it with an open mind. Like you said, you are the one on the continuous test drive, however it doesn't hurt to ask another "mechanic" his or her opinion or experience. Get as many facts as you can and sort them fairly, the true answer for you is in there somewhere.

One last thing, don't believe everything you think. ;)

dp
11-03-2006, 01:40 AM
My suggestion to you Boomer is that you do what is right for you after you've studied it with an open mind.

And he should post pictures of he and the Mrs.'s as the new tint job sets in. If you're old and blue it isn't at all the same as being 18 and blue, so even when they do turn blue it's not like it's going to last long. It might seem like it will. Unless they're not very old. At my age it might be 10 years or 20. Turning blue when you're old keeps your being blue and the accompanying depression to a minimum. On the other hand I think I'd think twice about turning my wife blue if I thought I had to live with her complaining about it for another 20 years. My wife is a redhead and that just doesn't go with being blue. What the hell - he's about .2 troy ounce away from finding out. It don't take much.

A.K. Boomer
11-03-2006, 11:10 AM
Boy I agree, keep redheads away, I think a blond would look alright though --- Iv tried tons of stuff over the years and I have to admit CS is probably the most "sketchy" of them all, dont worry you guys, im not going crazy with it, And in concern for you next time your in the doctors office and he's anxiously writing you out a presciption for a dangerous drug and sending you on your way you may want to ask yourself if his main incentive was because he was trying to win a "contest" to go on his yearly free vacation that they give him..... That worries me so much more -------

I just brewed me up another batch last night, its calling out my name --- So in the words of Jean Luke Pickard ---- Lets see what this class five galaxy starship can do!;)

Optics Curmudgeon
12-20-2007, 09:57 AM
http://www.cnn.com/video/#/video/us/2007/12/19/haagenson.blue.man.kfsn

rotate
12-20-2007, 11:07 AM
Wow, I just had a Deja vu experience. Sort of like meeting your old girlfriend in a mall with your wife by your side. :D

andy_b
12-20-2007, 01:00 PM
YIKES!!!! that is just damn freaky!

andy b.

lugnut
12-20-2007, 01:15 PM
Here is a story in the news today about "Colloidal silver"
and a link so you can see his photo.:eek:

http://www.katu.com/news/12648491.html

Blue man leaves Oregon in search of acceptance

YouNewsTV™Story Published: Dec 19, 2007 at 8:37 PM PST

Story Updated: Dec 20, 2007 at 9:43 AM PST
Video MADERA, Calif. - It's not makeup or paint that makes Paul Karason's skin a bluish color.

The 57-year-old started making the transition from fair skin and freckles to what he looks like today 14 years ago.

"The change was so gradual that I didn't perceive it and for people around me, likewise," Karason said. "It was just so gradual that no one really noticed. It wasn't until a friend that I hadn't seen in several months came by my parents' place to see me and he asked me 'what did you do?'"

What Karason did was use a substance called colloidal silver, which is made by extracting silver from metal. It goes into water with an electrical current and then you drink it. Colloidal silver is billed as something that will cure just about everything that ails you and Karason swears by it.

Karason does not believe drinking the potion is what caused his discoloration. He believes it happened because he rubbed it on his face to treat a skin problem. A medical condition called Argyria has been linked to such discoloration since the days when silver solutions were used as antibiotics.

Whatever the cause, Karason said it is not easy living life as a blue man.

"I do tend to avoid public places as much as I can," he said.

Karason's girlfriend, Jackie Northrup, said she was surprised at first, but is now used to it.

"The only time now that I really think about it or notice it is if we're out in public and people start staring," she said.

Karason moved to Madera, California about six months ago after living in Oregon. He said too many people in Oregon were unkind to him and he hopes Californians will be different.

"I hope that they just accept me," he said. "And I think that will happen here. Where I was, I rather doubt it would have. This is a different kind of community here."

"He's very kind and has a big heart," said Northrup.

Karason said he has not sought medical attention for the condition and he is prepared to live with it for the rest of his life.

macona
12-20-2007, 02:20 PM
Silver is naturally occuring,

Uranium, Cyanide, and Arsenic are all naturally occurring. Dosnt mean I am going to consume it.

And about 150 grains of lead will cure most disease as well... Copper coating helps it go down...

John Stevenson
12-20-2007, 05:46 PM
Has Michael Jackson see this stuff ? might be able to make him nornal :eek:

C - ROSS
12-20-2007, 10:08 PM
Sir John

Ya gotta be kidding, aint nothing gonna make him normal.

Ross

Blacksmith
12-20-2007, 11:59 PM
David Carnel used to have a site that claimed he pretty instantly dealt with his toe fungus with anti-freeze. I don't have that problem so I passed through that part of his site as quickly as possible.

Meditation obviously isn't on the same footing as some of these other alternative things. It shares the lack of acceptance in some quarters, it just has a few thousand years of success behind it, and has been practiced at all levels of many societies. The monkey mind thing is a really useful image for children of all ages. I started my kids out with an awareness of it. I don't really practice meditation, but I do think that some form of mental discipline is great for relaxation, pain relief, or performance.

oldtiffie
12-21-2007, 01:04 AM
So where does that leave me? I'm kinda fond of silver jewellery, been wearing it for 30 or so years :D

How come your older than your family jools Lin?

Make sure you don't let any Gypsy cross their hand/s with dem silver jools. Yool looz 'em - dead nuts!!! (Sorree-e-e-e)

Garlic as a cure as mentioned previously is great as a birth control device - provided only one and not both of you are eating/using it.

Hanging upside down as a therapy?

No THANK YOU.
http://i200.photobucket.com/albums/aa294/oldtiffie/Hanging_by_em1.jpg

Got this in the email recently:
A doctor was addressing a large audience in Vancouver.

"The material we put into our stomachs is enough to have killed most of us sitting here, years
ago.

Red meat is awful. Soft drinks corrode your stomach lining.

Chinese Food is loaded with MSG. High fat diets can be disastrous, and none of us realizes the long-term harm caused by the germs in our drinking water.

But there is one thing that is the most dangerous of all and we all have, or will, eat it. Can anyone here tell me what food it is that causes the most grief and suffering for years after eating it?"

After several seconds of quiet, a 75-year-old man in the front row raised his hand, and softly said, "Wedding Cake."

A.K. Boomer
12-21-2007, 10:59 AM
Tiffer you really need to try and restrain yourself from posting certain images like that on here, just a discription of that would be messed up let alone an image --- at least give people a warning.

To all the Nay-sayers about colloidal silver the news is in --- your dead wrong, Thanks to it and a few other supplements Iv got my life back, and guess what, Im not blue, All drugs should be utilized as a tool, a tool to buy you time to figure out the real problem, colloidal silver is just this, if you have to use mass doses of it or most anything else indefinitly then your missing the point and it or just about anything else will have some pretty bad effects or even kill you, Its been over a half year since iv had to use C.S.

I spanked the mainstream doctors --- they are hacks, I was right on with all of my diagnoses, Im totally convinced that the average doctor is actually either a very ignorant person or one that has alternant motives, I gave them a try at first and they milked me for all the money they could and ignored my sugestions as to what the problem was, it was when I broke away that I started seeing good results, In my opinion it is amoungst the worst crime out there to claim to be a healer and do people harm, you want to take that route go for it --- but i think your at the mercy of many people who dont apear to have a conscience - are trying to win a free vacation or are just plain stupid as to how the human machine functions... All you need to know is they got it ass backwards, 8 fuqeing years of schooling and all thats required is 20 hours of nutrition and preventitive mantainence --- Hacks.

For the record -- true colloids are very tiny partculates, this enables you to treat systemic illnesses and also allows you to do it with fair size doses as the "blueing" effect is totally minimised even with extreme miss-use, Not that I recomend this to anybody but --- I took 3 to 5 times the amount that i was supposed to , iv been out in the sun ever since, If I have any particulates close to the skin surface they have all oxidized by now, there is no change whatsoever, Whats more, this stuff bought me time to figure things out, my brother and his wife are now doing the same thing --- they bought a very nice unit and have a PPM meter, they also swear by it, so for what its worth, anybody who claims to know stuff that they never tried and dont have a clue as to how it works need to do both more research and also self testing --- i have -- they also need to watch the news a little more often and see the daily recalls on all the crap medicine that is killing people on a daily basis, but I know --- its a comfort to them because its mainstream huh? What a way to go through life...

Im not saying this is right for everyone, what im saying for a fact is it was right for me...

DR
12-21-2007, 12:06 PM
"We can be ignorant, We can be arrogant, what we can't be (or should at least try to avoid) is both at the same time,,, "

Please take your own advice......

Orrin
12-21-2007, 12:44 PM
Here is a story in the news today about "Colloidal silver"
and a link so you can see his photo.

http://www.katu.com/news/12648491.html

Blue man leaves Oregon in search of acceptance

KXLY News broadcast a segment about that fellow. After seeing how bizarre that fellow looks, all the money in the world could not persuade me to ingest silver in any way shape or form.

Maybe, if he would dye his hair blue it might lessen the contrast, somewhat. But, the difference between his color and his white beard and hair makes the skin color all the more obvious.

Orrin

RPM
12-21-2007, 02:36 PM
Boomer, you do know that the Blue Man Group wears makeup, right?
Being in CA, many aquaintances are on the CS bandwagon, so I took them at face value and when i got the flu, i thought "Cool, this'll finish it right now!" Note I'm talking about an actual infection, proved by a temperature of 102F. Took the stuff religiously(not enough to turn blue of course) and what happened?
NOTHING!!! The flu carried on it's way as if i'd just drunk water, if anything it got worse. Good job I got the stuff for free from a friend who made it in his own home, just like you are describing. So if it can't do anything with the flu, (not normally fatal if your healthy enough) it's hard to believe that it will stack up aginst the biggies like Aids, cancer, etc which generally are fatal.
My supplier friend got her equipment from a silvery grey person, who i met, and I have to say it was pretty freaky!
In reference to the "can't make colloidal silver at home" point, I have a friend in England who sells mail order health supplements, and because of so many returned CS orders, (made on the cheap by electrolytic action) he now only sells a commercial product made in Germany, which he says may help a few things, but not many. And he has learned that even commercially it's not a very easy thing to get right.
Hardly a ringing endorsement from somebody who needs to know the truth or he's out of business. So I would agree with all the posts that say you're wasting your time trying to do this at home, you're not creating the right stuff anyway.
Richard in Los Angeles
PS Glad you're feeling better :-)

pcarpenter
12-21-2007, 03:01 PM
anybody who claims to know stuff that they never tried and dont have a clue as to how it works need to do both more research and also self testing ---

This is scarry reasoning.....wise people learn from the experience of others. The blue guy in the news has been taking it longer than you have. The "bluebloods" of centuries past were not turned blue/white by a single use of a silver spoon.

I don't have to try suicide to know that people often die from the attempt...and avoid it myself.

The "mainstream" medicine folks use the same sort of reasoning you do...from time to time...that a little bit of poison may be the lesser of two evils. Chemotherapy for cancer often works this way. So, if all mainstream medical thinking is inherently crazy, then you should be advocating against the use of colloidal silver as some sort of "safe bacteria poison".

Do also bear in mind, that if you eat just a bit of rat poison every day, you may still get rats in your house (do not do this !). Likewise, taking a product orally that will reduce bacteria growth when applied topically and assuming its a good idea is a bit of a stretch.

good luck and may you not be blue...even years from now.
Paul

topct
12-21-2007, 06:02 PM
What if you used gold instead?

Go get a real gold coin. A small one will work. But something about the size a quarter is good. And the best to start with is a brand new minting.

Lot's of sharp die marks.

Rub it between your fingers until any and all roughness is gone.

By the time you have a silky smooth coin in your hand, and you will, a most amazing thing happens.

A.K. Boomer
12-21-2007, 07:57 PM
"We can be ignorant, We can be arrogant, what we can't be (or should at least try to avoid) is both at the same time,,, "

Please take your own advice......

Bring it fella's, go through life feeling like crap and getting parts cut out of you, all for the sake of thinking someone else can diagnose yourself better than you can, DR,,, Im the one driving this machine, I also have a brilliant mind that has fixed this wonderful gift, Once again --- you cannot argue with success my friend, If you are making an attempt to call me ignorant on something that Iv outaccelled the so called experts and specialists your statement not only falls short just in basic logic of facts, It makes you apear to be the ignorant one, I also got 8 years of study to find out what makes me tick --- and when it comes to this machine - I will bury your average "doctor", Im serious here, and im not saying all of them by no means, but I really look at your average one as nothing more than a mass murderer, Im not joking about this, I cant, I do not nor will not have health care insurance, I have to have my act together or simply die, And I dont intend on dieing for about 6 more decades...

But I do thank you for telling me to take my own advice, after all , When it comes to me getting better its second to none...

dp
12-21-2007, 08:02 PM
Just imagine the conversation here if we didn't like you! :)

Savor the good wishes of friends and quietly weather the advice. It is well meant and that is your fault. You're just a likeable guy.

mochinist
12-21-2007, 08:08 PM
Bring it fella's, go through life feeling like crap and getting parts cut out of you, all for the sake of thinking someone else can diagnose yourself better than you can, DR,,, Im the one driving this machine, I also have a brilliant mind that has fixed this wonderful gift, Once again --- you cannot argue with success my friend, If you are making an attempt to call me ignorant on something that Iv outaccelled the so called experts and specialists your statement not only falls short just in basic logic of facts, It makes you apear to be the ignorant one, I also got 8 years of study to find out what makes me tick --- and when it comes to this machine - I will bury your average "doctor", Im serious here, and im not saying all of them by no means, but I really look at your average one as nothing more than a mass murderer, Im not joking about this, I cant, I do not nor will not have health care insurance, I have to have my act together or simply die, And I dont intend on dieing for about 6 more decades...

But I do thank you for telling me to take my own advice, after all , When it comes to me getting better its second to none...How old are you now?

A.K. Boomer
12-21-2007, 08:23 PM
The "mainstream" medicine folks use the same sort of reasoning you do...from time to time...that a little bit of poison may be the lesser of two evils. Chemotherapy for cancer often works this way. So, if all mainstream medical thinking is inherently crazy, then you should be advocating against the use of colloidal silver as some sort of "safe bacteria poison".

Paul

Its really not poison at least to the degree of many of the prescription drugs that your probably taking or have taken, in fact --- there are actually no real recorded deaths of a colloidal silver overdose, in fact thier are very very few recorded cases of the dreaded greyish/blueing, its extremely rare and is only limited to people who have gone way overboard for many years --- hundreds of times the recomended amounts, try that with water and I have an absolute for you, YOU will die, In fact do it just ten fold and you will severly weaken your bones over the years because it will deplete the calcium from your body, you will pee it all out, Put things in perspective, use your brain for gods sake, with anything, just use your brain...

And its not some kind of "safe bacteria" ,its not a bacteria at all, what it does is kill bacteria, along with viruses molds and fungi, and if it makes you feel any better it is the #1 ingrediant in treating burn victims IN MAINSTEAM medicine (not that that makes me feel any better) Not only that, it is also woven into a special guaze pads, lightly woven silver threads that are utilized for the dressings of burn victims, its second to none for destroying bacterial infections and this is critial for these patients, It also lines all the plumbing in the space shuttle and filters the water on most commercial airliners --- but thats Ok right PC? cuz its mainstream --- grow a sac dude... think a little

A.K. Boomer
12-21-2007, 08:28 PM
Just imagine the conversation here if we didn't like you! :)

Savor the good wishes of friends and quietly weather the advice. It is well meant and that is your fault. You're just a likeable guy.

I think your being sarcastic but I still wish I woulda read your message before shipping that last one off to PC! I thing I was a little rough on him:o

In aprox. 3 months im coming up with a health plan for the entire board, be prepared to change your diet:D ;)

oldtiffie
12-21-2007, 08:40 PM
Diet neds to be defined or explained bit more. It can be or mean several things.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Diet
http://www.tfd.com/diet

The Japanese change their "Diet" fairly frequently - and it gets a LOT of press/medial coverage.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Diet_of_Japan

If I misbehave (Wife says - sort of that) I'm on a diet of cold shoulder and crap sandwich.

I seem to have had a lot of that over the years!! Still am!!

A.K. Boomer
12-21-2007, 08:58 PM
So if it can't do anything with the flu, (not normally fatal if your healthy enough) it's hard to believe that it will stack up aginst the biggies like Aids, cancer, etc which generally are fatal.

Iv actually never tried it on the flue --- or a virus for that matter so I cant comment.

So I would agree with all the posts that say you're wasting your time trying to do this at home, you're not creating the right stuff anyway.
Richard in Los Angeles
PS Glad you're feeling better :-)

I wasnt wasting my time, It worked, and it worked good enough for me to get my guts back in order --- I was creating good enough stuff for the intestines, that was my concearn, it along with GSE (grapefruit seed extract) not only gave me my life back, it enabled me to buy some time and figure out where things went wrong, had i listened to the docs I would be missing pieces right now, You cannot argue with that, its fact, and not some iffy thing --- it was like night and day, it was a miracle for me as iv been through many many options, mainstream wasnt getting it done at all. Silver is not a joke, its powerfull stuff when it comes to battling the bad guys, its very user friendly, but still its also why I state to use it as a tool, not as a crutch, if it buys you time to help figure things out then thats a blessing, and if you utilize it for this there is no way on gods green earth that it is going to turn you blue, What i cant understand is how you guys can listen to the news about thousands of people actually VAPOR LOCKING because of some crap drug and its just business as usual, Why is that OK? these are people dyeing --------------- Hello??? DEATH, go fetch me that with CS, You cant -- it dont exist, yet some poor slob that goes crazy eating ounces of filing chips turns blue and everybody freaks out, Get a grip, Dont be sheep, use your head, do the research, and most of all dont let another sheep make your big decisions, get involved. (and most important - lay off the pork rinds)

A.K. Boomer
12-21-2007, 09:09 PM
good luck and may you not be blue...even years from now.
Paul

I was too rude to you and im sorry:o esp. for your last statement, I had a rough day out in the cold and am feeling a little "pushy"

May you have good health the rest of your life, and may your life be long, sorry Paul Merry Xmas to you.

lugnut
12-21-2007, 11:42 PM
Boomer, i'm not sure if it is the use of the colloidal silver or what, BUT your starting to act and sound a lot like Evan:eek: please Stop!
Mel

dp
12-22-2007, 12:38 AM
I think your being sarcastic but I still wish I woulda read your message before shipping that last one off to PC! I thing I was a little rough on him:o

I assure you I am absolutely not. I certainly can be, but this wasn't that.

In aprox. 3 months im coming up with a health plan for the entire board, be prepared to change your diet:D ;)

Thanks for the early warning!

macona
12-22-2007, 02:55 AM
Exactly what was entailed in this 8 years of "Study"?

John Stevenson
12-22-2007, 05:04 AM
Will it run on Windows XP or do I have to learn Linux ? ;)

Seriously though please put me on your don't not contact list, I didn't ask for it, don't want it and can make my own mind up.
Perhaps being this time of the year people are being too PC and polite but as usual I can't be arsed.

Go back to the beginning of this thread and re read it, no better still get a stranger to read it out loud to you.
I don't think you realise how much of a fruitcake you sound.

Everyone is entitled to their opinion but it's best if they keep them to themselves and not foster them on others. The title of the group is Home Shop Machinist, not Alt Wierd Diets Supplementary.
If you want to carry on with this train of thought and action go do it somewhere else.

oldtiffie
12-22-2007, 05:08 AM
Will it run on Windows XP or do I have to learn Linux ? ;)

Seriously though please put me on your don't not contact list, I didn't ask for it, don't want it and can make my own mind up.
Perhaps being this time of the year people are being too PC and polite but as usual I can't be arsed.

Go back to the beginning of this thread and re read it, no better still get a stranger to read it out loud to you.

Everyone is entitled to their opinion but it's best if they keep them to themselves and not foster them on others. The title of the group is Home Shop Machinist, not Alt Wierd Diets Supplementary.
If you want to carry on with this train of thought and action go do it somewhere else.

Thanks John.

I hope you have more luck than I did - you won't have less.

It will just have to run its course and blow itself up or out.

A.K. Boomer
12-22-2007, 07:07 AM
Boomer, i'm not sure if it is the use of the colloidal silver or what, BUT your starting to act and sound a lot like Evan:eek: please Stop!
Mel

Now thats what you call a double wammy, You got both me and Evan with that one:)

A.K. Boomer
12-22-2007, 08:21 AM

actually Im pretty self aware and do realize How panicked everyone gets when someone brings up something a little different --- Its kinda like when all the sheep are in line to get slaughtered and one busts out of the gate -- all the other sheep have that look like "where you going --- you cant do that --- your supposed to do what were doing - stop - your making us uncomfortable"

Im just thankful I dont bring up stuff like being a coward to walk to my shop in the dark and being afraid of the boogie man:D

The title of the group is Home Shop Machinist, not Alt Wierd Diets Supplementary.

Its also not "my shop is haunted -- whats a girl to do"

Why would you click on a post you dont like and keep reading it? thats just plain stupid, it would be like me tuning into your haunted shop post and telling you to stop because I cant stop reading it,,, Any other complaints you be sure to let me know :D perspective is a wonderful thing,
I really do hope this helps, and have a nice day:)

John Stevenson
12-22-2007, 09:27 AM
Im just thankful I dont bring up stuff like being a coward to walk to my shop in the dark and being afraid of the boogie man:D

Its also not "my shop is haunted -- whats a girl to do"

If you took that remark as being truthful and on the nail and not tongue in cheek British humour, then you are doomed anyway.

It wasn't a post anyway, it was a remark inside a post on another engineering matter.
The post brought up by Alistair can be counted as null and void as he's Scottish and doesn't understand British humour :D

What you have to realise is we are 5 to 8 hours in front of you, when I sit down at my computer at night it's usually late.
That means in no order, late, dark, cold, winter, wet, freezing, and going out to the workshop just to get a picture of a part that not many will be seriously interested in anyway.

It was meant to inject a bit of humour into the post - it obviously missed it's mark by a mile....................

PS. Perhaps if the Simpson's had said it, then it would have been fcking hilarious ?

pcarpenter
12-22-2007, 09:50 AM
And its not some kind of "safe bacteria" ,its not a bacteria at all, what it does is kill bacteria, along with viruses molds and fungi, and if it makes you feel any better it is the #1 ingrediant in treating burn victims IN MAINSTEAM medicine (not that that makes me feel any better) Not only that, it is also woven into a special guaze pads, lightly woven silver threads that are utilized for the dressings of burn victims, its second to none for destroying bacterial infections and this is critial for these patients, It also lines all the plumbing in the space shuttle and filters the water on most commercial airliners --- but thats Ok right PC? cuz its mainstream --- grow a sac dude... think a little

I don't think with my sac...that was precisely my point. I don't assume that because something kills bacteria topically that I should consume it. I don't drink lysol or eat soap either. In an effort to be condescending, you helped me make my point about taking reasonable thought and tranmutilating it to unreasonable thought. Its not a lack of thinking....precisely the opposite.

We are going to have to agree to disagree...but the pictures of the guy in california are pretty irrefutable evidence for those with half a brain.

Paul

A.K. Boomer
12-22-2007, 10:49 AM
If you took that remark as being truthful and on the nail and not tongue in cheek British humour, then you are doomed anyway.

It wasn't a post anyway, it was a remark inside a post on another engineering matter.
The post brought up by Alistair can be counted as null and void as he's Scottish and doesn't understand British humour :D

What you have to realise is we are 5 to 8 hours in front of you, when I sit down at my computer at night it's usually late.
That means in no order, late, dark, cold, winter, wet, freezing, and going out to the workshop just to get a picture of a part that not many will be seriously interested in anyway.

It was meant to inject a bit of humour into the post - it obviously missed it's
mark by a mile....................

PS. Perhaps if the Simpson's had said it, then it would have been fcking hilarious ?

Hey hey now,,, I was just throwing some of that "british humor" back at you:p

I do seem to recall you starting a topic off about your haunted shop about two or three months ago, thats what i was referring too, the recent post to Allistair refreshed my memory about it, but I may have "slipped a cog" as they would say,,, Sorry JS, iv worked way too hard getting better and get offensive when someone thinks im a quack, I dont mind being thought of as a quack -- just with this because its a health issue and if someone else can benifit the way i did then I will try and defend, No harm here, and I hope no harm there...

A.K. Boomer
12-22-2007, 10:59 AM
I don't think with my sac...that was precisely my point. I don't assume that because something kills bacteria topically that I should consume it. I don't drink lysol or eat soap either. In an effort to be condescending, you helped me make my point about taking reasonable thought and tranmutilating it to unreasonable thought. Its not a lack of thinking....precisely the opposite.

We are going to have to agree to disagree...but the pictures of the guy in california are pretty irrefutable evidence for those with half a brain.

Paul

For the record silver isnt like lysol, lysol will kill surounding good cells - silver doesnt work that way, niether does GSE, in fact GSE is being adopted into many hospitals and replacing bleach, its just as effective and will not harm you like bleach will, and yes in fact you can drink it with water in a much more concentrated form than that with bleach... Once again Paul, just like I told SJ, Iv fought very hard for my health, I know whats worked and what didnt and im sorry i take this so personal ---- I can like you stated agree to dissagree but I dont want to get bashed on it because its for real, at least it is for what iv battled, I do it because its important for other people to have alternatives and it could help them, no joke or I wouldnt write it.

A.K. Boomer
12-22-2007, 11:28 AM
Exactly what was entailed in this 8 years of "Study"?

For what its worth, If you dont want to read please dont and then complain -- if you do -- maybe thier might be a little tidbit of info in here that could possibly help you in the future, I didnt write this to be bashed -- I wrote it in hopes that is could at the very least shed some different light on the subject of health -- if it does help then thats cool - if not then sorry ahead of time - for wasting your time.

Over 8 years ago I did not know a thing about health, I had it and all was good so why bother, then everything changed and I had to go mainstream because i did not have a clue, I spent the first 2 years doing what most everyone else did but I had no luck and spent allot of money, then I started learning how we work, And things actually started getting less confusing and started making more and more sense, with this came a totally different aproach, and good results shortly followed, it was the Idea that in order for me to have a proper diagnoses of myself i had to first cover the basics of what I really need as a "machine" to function properly,

Now things actually started corresponding to my profession as a mechanic --- what do I need to make a car run good, --- you dont tear into the engine without first making sure all is well with the air filter, the fuel and delivery, the exhaust and on and on -- get the basics right - right?
Yet when You look at the medical profession this is not the aproach they take, in fact in many cases its the direct opposite, the thing is is to a degree I can understand this because "getting the basics right" can actually take years, so - they just try to mask the problem and many are genuinely concerned with human suffering and want to help --- and many may also realize that preaching about daily mantainence will go only so far and in general the efforts are futile, so it becomes business as usual and dont take it any further, it wasnt until I came to this conclusion that things really started turning around for me -- and when you think about it - its the way it should be, who else will have the will -- who else is with you 24-7
A smoker isnt going to quit unless he or she really wants to quit, the change is not with your doctor, your doctor has to become you, once I accepted this monumental task I started putting things together and once again some things related directly to the automotive world in which i knew so well, I utilized this as a type of "springboard" to accelerate me in some of the obvious area's and directions that I needed to take, Now for some of the observations -- I began to realize that there was some real simularities between people and cars in the form of energy exchange and the problems they cause, too many to ignore -- and far too many that manifest themselves from a simple problem to something very complicated, It seems like wherever there is energies exchanged -- in the form of chemical or heat to cool or simply in the transfer of a fuel source and the "burning" of it there is either a build-up, a corrosive nature - a deposit of somekind or an exchange,

Battery terminals grow bazzare corrosive structures, battery plates sulfide, radiator cores collect calcium deposits and other minerals and if this bad water is added over the years they can totally plug, fuel injectors need strong detergents to keep them clean as do the back side of the intake valves and the combustion chambers, High detergent motor oil must be used or oil galleys will plug.

The human machine is no different - we burn fuel to live - although a much different process we oxidize it just like the car engine --- in fact - without corrosion, without internal plaque deposits and without coagulated congealed protien and carbohydrate and fatty sludge the human machine would function without stroke, heart attack, alzhiemers, and dozens and dozens of illnesses that are related to gunk and build up, Thats a fact -- weve found the cure years ago, its just that no-one wants to hear about it, many cancers are directly linked to what im talking about also ----- but its not a comfy little pill you take - its a life decision and takes some effort.

Just like the mechanic, First look to the fuel and supply and how its utilized and assimulated. Ask yourself in the evolutionary process "what are we designed to run on"?
You cannot run crap gas and get good results, most all americans are using crap gas in the form of highly processed, nutrient exempt, pesticide saturated crap... Our "radiator" water that we constantly have to top off is loaded with all types of junk, esp. if you like it "flavored"

Mistake number 2, almost all our food is cooked -- this kills the only thing in the food that will help in the assimilation of it -- enzymes, We make and produce some of our own but our systems are taxed and are always depleted, plus we dont produce all the right ones for the type of food we eat, but the food does, but we cant use them because theve become useless due to cooking. Cooking also creates a carmalization of the foods, and in turn produces many carcinogens in this process, in fact - you can take a pure wonderful completley healthy organic potato thats good for you and turn it into one of the most toxic carcinogens in a natually occuring substance that we have --- just by adding heat, not extreme heat, cooking heat....

So what can you do? were surounded by fast food -- crap everywhere, cooked processed junk,
All you can do is your best, and its also tough to break the trend because youve been so used to what youve been doing for such along time,
A good start is investing in a quality Multi-enzyme suppliment, take one or two with your meals, then start to curb as much as practical to eating more raw fruits and veggies, We are also acid pitts because of our diets, because of the wrong food and also killing the enzymes in them our bodies responce is to realize we dont have enough digestive enzymes so we dump large amounts of hydrocloric acid in to compensate, its a responce to keep the food from actually rotting, good live green veggies will help to tame this and add much alkali along with enzymes, also take some quality multi-strain pro-biotics -- by all means if your a meat eater do cook it, just take the appropriate enzyme to help break it down, invest in a water filter and use the hell out of it, buy large quanities of whole grain in bulk, I get organic cheaper than what people pay for the smaller packages of regular stuff at the supermarkets, eat fruits high in pectin as its a natural "injector cleaner" Okra has pepsin -- it too will help in the cleansing process, If you really hit it hard be prepared to feel much worse before you feel better, it really is just like anything else -- start to break things down and all the toxins will creap out even more -- thats what the purified water is for, Iv got into things in great detail and learned allot over the years, its really opened my eyes, I will spare you with in depth details as this is just basics, and its really not for everyone, The fact is is if I was 70 and knew what I know now about this I would really have to consider if it would be worth it -- it would take many years to clean out the gunk and feeling even worse than what you would normally -- then again - if you made it through you would be happy - if you made it, serrapeptase is becoming widely recognized as a very helpful enzyme, it will dissolve artery plaque and much more including scar tissues and is a very powerful inflamation fighter - better than aspirin and much better for you, it is derived from the silkworm, its what the silkworm uses to dissolve its caccoon, no small feat as silk is actually stronger than steel,
Do what makes sence for you, dont burn out -- its the long haul that matters, Time will keep ticking -- keep asking yourself where you will be when a few more years go by, Its what keeps me on track, I now allow myslef to mess up now and then, and I dont really have to pay a price for it, but if i start to make it a habbit i am imediatly reminded,

Not trying to preach and am aware that everyone reading could already know everything I just stated - but if someone is like I was a while back it could help them and that would be a great little shortcut -- one I wish somebody konked me on the head with before I dropped ten G's at the doctor office (you have any idea how many enzymes ten grand whould buy!!!) nuthin but luv, good health to all in 2008 and beyond, Hope i didnt offend...