PDA

View Full Version : Grizzly Owners Referral

Spin Doctor
11-13-2006, 11:01 AM
Does anyone know if the Green Bear still has the program where you can get in tough with an owner of one of their machines? I've been thinking about a 3202/3 Knee Mill as my shop area has limited head room but I want to look before I buy. And I really don't feel like driving 10 to 12 hours to get to a show room.

sidegrinder
11-13-2006, 11:15 AM
Hey Spin Doctor, I am in the same boat as you. If you find anyone with this type of mill in the area who is willing to give a showing, let me know. I am a bit north of Sheboygan. Thanks, Sidegrinder.

MichaelC
11-13-2006, 11:18 AM
Good luck with the referral program. They give you one name, no phone#, either the person is a hundred miles away or got the machine last week and hasn't set it up.

Michael

TECHSHOP
11-16-2006, 03:10 AM
Spin Doctor (and others):

I don't think I am located near you, but I have most of the a Griz 3103 (tent sale "rescue") , that I am ever so slowly rebuilding. This has been "back burnered" after my lathe tested gravity (work as per textbook examples), and part of my shop roof went "down range" in a storm. I don't have the factory stand, but the pully cover tilts to the left, which adds a few inches to the catalog listed hight to open and close.

Once I get the lathe set up and running, I get back to the mill. Where I want to place the mill, I'll have "head room" issues. I want to add a riser block, take off the pully cover (use link belts), and think about a design for a "zero clearance" drawbar (I don't want to "turn then tram" ever tool change) and release.

If you have any questions on the mill, I be glad to try of get an answer by looking at my stack of parts. It may take a few days, my part time work for medical bills, is really starting to crimp my "semi-retire" lifestyle.

Bill Pace
11-16-2006, 08:16 AM
I didnt have any luck with it either. This was a couple yrs ago--Got one in a supposed 100mi radius, would not respond, asked again and got one in--I think it was--300mi radius, wouldnt respond. I certainly wasnt impressed.

speedsport
11-16-2006, 08:22 AM
www.benchtest.com