PDA

View Full Version : google patent search beta

mochinist
12-17-2006, 05:38 PM
Maybe you guys have found this and have talked about it already, but I hadn't seen it mentioned. Pretty cool stuff.
http://www.google.com/patents

CCWKen
12-17-2006, 06:43 PM
If it's Google it must be pretty good but I'm not going to use it. I used your link and it tried to open an Intranet connection. No need for that unless they want to write a bunch of junk on MY computer. Sorry, I'll just keep using this one: http://www.freepatentsonline.com/search.html

Mcgyver
12-17-2006, 08:49 PM
hadn't seen that before, neat site, thanks for posting.

SJorgensen
12-18-2006, 01:28 AM
Wow, thats great! Now people can steal your idea EVEN FASTER!

speedy
12-18-2006, 01:31 AM
Wow, thats great! Now people can steal your idea EVEN FASTER!

Surely that is what registering patents is for??;)

Milacron of PM
12-18-2006, 11:43 PM
Cool....I input 'dovetail template' expecting it to show a gazillion patents with mine nowhere to be found, but damned if mine wasn't the first one at the top of the list ! :)

Evan
12-19-2006, 12:38 AM
I just tried it an my port scanner didn't show any out of the ordinary activity. Just normal tcp connections to the remote host.

dp
12-19-2006, 01:16 AM
Cool....I input 'dovetail template' expecting it to show a gazillion patents with mine nowhere to be found, but damned if mine wasn't the first one at the top of the list ! :)

I'm surprised it wasn't considered a derivative work. Consider all the patents around laminar flow fluids - the patentable part is often the application and not the underlying science. This is visualized by thinking of a steam engine versus the applications of steam engine power. Have you had to defend it at all against other derivatives? There seems to be no shortage of various dovetail guides for the longest time.

Milacron of PM
12-19-2006, 01:31 AM
. Have you had to defend it at all against other derivatives? There seems to be no shortage of various dovetail guides for the longest time. I sold the patent along with my Omnijig product line to Porter Cable a few years after the patent was granted so any defending would have been done by Porter Cable. Have heard nothing from them regarding infringment in the years since.