PDA

View Full Version : Senior? I got seniority! ... With a Plus

CCWKen
12-19-2006, 10:16 PM
I wasn't going to say anything (Well OK I forgot) but Prntbl's post on becoming a "Senior Member" on the board made me think of it again.

It appears that I will become a "Great Grandfather" come April or May of 2007. I'm not sure how to handle that. Besides the thought of such an aged label, the fact that a "child" is having a baby is beyond my grasp of reasoning. Yep. My first granddaughter will be 16 at that time and has chosen to enter the life of adulthood.

I'm torn between the good and bad of such a predicament. I may just go out and buy a cane and a Derby. My parents are still alive and I wonder how they feel about being Great, Great Grandparents.

The best laugh will be that my daughter of 35 will be a Grandmother. LOL...

Evan
12-19-2006, 10:31 PM
Have'em young eh? :)

Beats waiting until you are 40 to have kids.

Oh yeah, I not sure whether to offer congrats or condolences...

Frank Ford
12-19-2006, 10:53 PM
Having not had children myself, I was under the delusion that I'd be spared that kind of reminder of the aging process.

NOT!

A few years ago a Stanford student was in the shop buying a guitar. He asked me, "Are you Frank Ford? THE Frank Ford?" Reluctantly I said I was.

He said, "Cool. My grandfather bought his first guitar from you."

Urp. . .

CCWKen
12-19-2006, 11:01 PM
A few years ago a Stanford student was in the shop buying a guitar. He asked me, "Are you Frank Ford? THE Frank Ford?" Reluctantly I said I was.

He said, "Cool. My grandfather bought his first guitar from you."

Urp. . .

LOL... :D :D I'm feeling better already! ;)

wierdscience
12-19-2006, 11:13 PM
Will you be changing your username to "CrustyKen"?:D

CCWKen
12-19-2006, 11:19 PM
Will you be changing your username to "CrustyKen"?:D

I was just get'n used to "Old Fart" but CrustyKen sounds better!

Scishopguy
12-19-2006, 11:33 PM
Congrats Ken,

Them young ones are what give us all grey hair but you have to love it. The satisfaction of spoiling the grand kids and then giving them back to their parents to "deal with" is lots of fun. Besides, the older your kids get, the smarter you become! They all of a sudden start asking your opinion and really listening to what you say.

John Stevenson
12-20-2006, 04:27 AM
Having not had children myself.

I'm with you on this Frank, ............mind you Gert has had a couple ..........................................

Wirecutter
12-20-2006, 09:31 AM
I only met one of my great grandparents - my great grandmother lived to be 102. I met her when she was 99 and I was a kid. I wish I'd been old enough to ask her better questions - she was quite lucid when I met her.

I think it's amazing to have 5 generations living at the same time. Somebody should snap a picture!

Finally, congrats/condolences to you, Ken.

-Mark