X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • SJorgensen
    • Nov 2002

You guys have to appreciate this!

Please take the time to check this video out. You can view it on Youtube.com. Use the keywords of Pierre Scerri.

This man Pierre Scerri built a 1/3 scale model of a 312 PB Ferrari all by himself.

He built the molds to cast the tires. He built all of the guages and steering wheel and linkages but even beyond that, he built a WORKING model of the engine AND a working model of the transmission with 4 speeds and reverse. All the wheels brakes and driveshafts WORK.

Pretty much what you have here is a 1/3 scale car, that a 1/3 scale person could jump into and DRIVE!

Nice work. Awesome attention to detail.

Spence
  • plastikosmd
    • May 2004

or the link can be found here on PM

"Good judgment comes from experience, and often experience comes from bad judgment" R.M.Brown

My shop tour www.plastikosmd.com

Comment

• Wirecutter
      • Mar 2005

Great. Another reason to regret "growing up"

I can't find the words to say how much I like it and marvel at the effort it must have taken.

And the guy's a telecom engineer??? I sure hope he likes it, and that the job treats him well. Otherwise, he seems to have severely missed his "calling". I thought the miniature V8 was something, but this guy's built the engine, tranny - everything.

Words fail me.

-Mark

-----------------------------------------------------------
      I guess here it should instead say that "Guests can be no taller than this to ride the attraction."

Comment

• Evan
        • May 2003

I wonder if Kenny Baker could drive it?
        Free software for calculating bolt circles and similar: Click Here

Comment

• jkilroy
          • Oct 2001

How much more work to build the full size?

Shoot, 10 years? I would think buiding a full size would not have been that much more work.
          James Kilroy

Comment

• john hobdeclipe
            • Jun 2005

Wow, I'm inspired!

I want to build a model of my first car. I have a hammer, some pliers, and a screwdriver or two and a tape measure (engineers scale.)

My first car was a '63 Rambler. I shouldn't have any problems. What do you think?

Comment

• A.K. Boomer
              • May 2006

That guy is as multi-talented as you could get --- some would ask "why" and i have to admit there is a little of that thought going on in me but He is such a talent and he genuinly seems to be enjoying himself that he makes the question "why" irrelevant... A DOHC 24 valve horizontally opposed twelve cylinder (thats 4 camshafts folks) that actually not only runs but you can tell that its "cammed" and has attitude just by the way it sounds -- and then building the entire car around it --- unbelieveable... that engine block complete with liners is enough to make the statement "were not worthy"
              I cant believe the guy wants to build more!

Very cool SJ thanks for sharing..

Comment

• J Tiers
                • Jan 2004

I might mention that a fellow on PM, who posts under "rivett608" gets PAID to make stuff like that.

If you saw his miniature architect's classroom, you'd understand.... it looks in the pics like you could walk in there. Wire wastebaskets the size of a large thimble........ tiny drafting tools, furniture......... That one is at a museum in KC. I understand it took most of a year.
                CNC machines only go through the motions.

Ideas expressed may be mine, or from anyone else in the universe.
                Not responsible for clerical errors. Or those made by lay people either.
                Number formats and units may be chosen at random depending on what day it is.
                I reserve the right to use a number system with any integer base without prior notice.
                Generalizations are understood to be "often" true, but not true in every case.

Comment

• Locksmith
                  • Aug 2002

Wow

Spence,
                  That was neat as hell ! Thanks !

Anybody remember the guy in England who made the working models of the machine tools? I'd love to see those pictures again. Anybody got a link?

Comment

• lane
                    • Aug 2005

Barry Jordan http://www.barryjordan.freeola.com/page1.htm
                    Try thisMy first attemp at copy and pasting
                    Every Mans Work Is A Portrait of Him Self
                    http://sites.google.com/site/machinistsite/TWO-BUDDIES
                    http://s178.photobucket.com/user/lan...?sort=3&page=1

Comment

• dicks42000
                      • Mar 2005

Rivett608's models

J Tiers;
                      Thanks for mentioning Rivett & his model classroom. I recall seeing the pictures & expecting a Prof. in a starched wing collar to walk thru the door...
                      The guy does unbelievable work, and as you say, gets paid for what others do as a hobby....
                      IIRC, it was on here or PM that somebody showed pics of some highly detailed aircraft models too. (P-51, Spitfire, ???)
                      I envy the people with the talent, time, eyesight, dexterity & patience to do all that. Way beyond me....
                      Rick

Comment

• Tinkerer
                        • Oct 2004

This gentleman does some amazing work. The Miniature Firearms of David Kucer
                        Wow... where did the time go. I could of swore I was only out there for an hour.

Comment

Working...
                        X