PDA

View Full Version : You CNC guys are in trouble now...

torker
12-21-2006, 01:49 PM
Ha...I have my stuff for my rotary table now. All sitting in a pile :D
Have to wait til the weekend to wire it all up.
Gonna be fun...I get to ask a WHOLE bunch of stoopid questions :D
Things like (Where do I find the tallywakker on my computer....the one that hooks into the thingamobob to turn the gizmo)
Seriously...according to the Zylotex instructions it doesn't look too hard. I just have to find out what some of the computer nomenclature means.
From what I see, I could really use a laptop the but the regular PC will have to do for now.
I haven't used Jeffs stuff yet but I can say that his service (so far) is second to none. The parts showed up here almost by magic. Usually it takes forever to gets things in from the US but this guy is all over that. Nice for a change!
Russ (Wish me luck)

S_J_H
12-21-2006, 02:50 PM
Where do I find the tallywakker on my computer....the one that hooks into the thingamobob to turn the gizmo)

Mine is just to the left of the Gazintite.

I am using the xylotex stuff as well on my x3 mill. It's 4 axis ready. It seems to work real well.

Steve

BobWarfield
12-21-2006, 02:54 PM
Personally, I keep my tallywhacker a ways from the computer, and especially from any X-ray emitting screens! LOL

Post a piccy or two to keep us entertained this holiday season. Even stacks of parts are exciting to people easily amused like me!

Best,

BW

torker
12-21-2006, 03:02 PM
Hey! All kidding aside...I'm really looking forward to this project. Going to be nice to cut gears with this setup. No more little arms to bump, handles to crank, counting, etc, etc, :D
This'll prolly lead to other more used CNC stuff....uh oh!
Get a brainwave....email Jeff...Bingo...two days later the stuff is here!
Now I just need to figure out a way to CNC my wood splittin axe....you know....to give the missus a bit of a break :D
Russ

Dawai
12-21-2006, 07:40 PM
Next lil dealie? I drawed up something for a friend, a shallow box with lexan front to hold a $99 walmart lcd screen. Having the waterproof Keyboard off ebay at $25 the unit can be water proofed.

THOU I am using a old junk CRT on my cnc, I have lost a power supply in the computer when the keyboard shorted out.

I have some industrial computers to use in mine. SHOULD I draw them up in a manner to hold the cpu inside or expect a shelf on the rear to hold a normal box?

Have six foot break will bend.

Kinda busy at the moment on the cnc flame cutter I started over a year ago. Have to lathe cut the acme screws and drill some set screws.. assemble and test some more.. the electronics has already been tested with the motors laying on the backplate.

torker
12-23-2006, 09:49 PM
Hmmm....maybe I was a little too hasty with the kudos about the great service. I just started unpacking the boxes of stuff. There is no adapter cable to hook the driver up to the parallel port cable. It's supposed to be included with the driver but someone forgot to put it in the package. Well now that just SUCKS! No CNC for Santa...
Russ