PDA

View Full Version : valve grinding

Tom Buchanan
12-22-2006, 05:18 PM
anybody know of a source for valve and seat grinding equipment? Specificaly for large industrial engines.....thanks Tom

jimmstruk
12-22-2006, 06:00 PM
Try WWW.goodson.com for some new stuff. Sioux tools is another. JIM

Steeltoe
12-22-2006, 06:41 PM
For used stuff,google valve grinders and look for Woodward Equiptment or Allstates Equiptment.They should have stuff to grind valves up to a 1/2" valve stem.For new stuff,fill your wallet until you limp ($4-$6 grand)and then get a hold of Kwik-way(my favorite) or Sioux(2nd on the hit parade),Snap-on,IDL,lots more out there.Stick with the top 2 and you won't go wrong.Both have been around since model-t days and you can get any part you need for them.My Kwik-way is over 40 years old,well taken care of,you can still buy parts for it,and will grind a valve face concentric within .0002.It will grind valves with stems from about .235 to .562.

GNO
12-22-2006, 07:28 PM
i have done the grinding i think you are refering to. we used a turning lathe for the valves, useing a toolpost grinder. for the seats we have a thompson air powered stems are?/1in dia valve head 4-5in dep on head &eng

bob308
12-22-2006, 07:48 PM
i have suiox valve and seat grinders. if i run into valves that are too big for my machine then i use the tool post grinder. when i get my surface grinder back together i will use that for the big valves.

as for seats after you have the basic seat grinder you just get the stones you need i have done 2 3/4" valves for a j-d model d.

GNO
12-22-2006, 08:09 PM
CMC out of calf. ownes thompson grinders --i did search--no affiliation