PDA

View Full Version : Wind Mill Plans

Richard Hanley
12-23-2006, 12:08 PM
~ twenty years ago Mother Earth News had a set of plans for a wind mill that used two bicycle wheels. At the time I wanted to build one but did not have the time. I have the time now and still want to build one but I didnít have the foresight to buy the plans. If any one has a set or would copy me a set I would like to buy them. Richard

mbensema
12-23-2006, 01:24 PM
not the plans you are looking for, but might be worth a look

http://www.fuellesspower.com/windmills2.htm

Timewarp
12-23-2006, 01:50 PM
Otherpower.com

Richard Hanley
12-23-2006, 06:10 PM
Thank you; this is a cool web site however it dosen’t have the wind mill I am looking for.
Richard

madman
12-24-2006, 09:49 AM
I built a windmill generator years ago. My friend put it into the back of his pickup to try it out. Next thing you know the propellor (that took like a year to make) flew apart. S.... oh well. Propellor was the hardest thing to carve.

Weston Bye
12-24-2006, 02:50 PM
~ twenty years ago Mother Earth News had a set of plans for a wind mill that used two bicycle wheels. At the time I wanted to build one but did not have the time. I have the time now and still want to build one but I didnít have the foresight to buy the plans. If any one has a set or would copy me a set I would like to buy them. Richard

Got any idea what is on the cover of the issue that had the windmill? I have the first 100 issues of TMEN but have to dig them out. Would save some time going through them.

Wes

Weston Bye
12-24-2006, 03:02 PM
I built a windmill generator years ago. My friend put it into the back of his pickup to try it out. Next thing you know the propellor (that took like a year to make) flew apart. S.... oh well. Propellor was the hardest thing to carve.

When I was a kid, I came across a 6' Windcharger propeller. Playing around in the back yard I stuck it on a broom handle and held it up in a stiff wind. It started turning slowly then spun up REAL FAST! :eek: I feared being chopped in little pieces. I paniced and threw it up in the air as hard as I could and ran upwind. I was amazed that it fell without breaking.

I don't recall what happened to the propeller over the years, but I still have the air brake for it. Anyone interested?

Richard Hanley
12-24-2006, 04:11 PM
Wes;
The Plans Were Sold By Mother Earth News , But Were Not Printed In The Magazine. Thanks For The Offer , It Was Very Nice Of You . Richard

Richard Hanley
12-24-2006, 04:13 PM
Wes;
The Plans Were Sold By Mother Earth News , But Were Not Printed In The Magazine. Thanks For The Offer , It Was Very Nice Of You . Richard

PTSideshow
12-24-2006, 05:18 PM
http://www.farmcollector.com/forums/
this is the outfit that has the current owner ship of TMEN I too have about 100 plus issues till the started advertisizing the Detroit iron in it and went up scale. first issue had a story about somebody living off road kill in Alaska. Just a tad to simple life for me. LOL they may have them reprinted as the do a lost of old stuff. This is the sight you may be able to find the plans or a new version.http://www.homepower.com/
I will look thru my copies of the last whole earth catalogs and see if They have them listed. :D
Same thing happened to theTWEC went up scale to make some more money and the last one white cover really sucked and then it died lol.