PDA

View Full Version : My shop New Years Resolution

Your Old Dog
12-31-2006, 08:40 AM
My shop New Years Resolution for this coming year is to try and finish some of the projects I started in 2006 !

In my defense, I'm still tooling up but must admit I'm rapidly running out of excuses as shop floor starts to close in around me! At some point I'll have to put up or shut up :D :D

Happy New Year Guys, hope it's a good one.

Anyone else with shop Resolutions?

Furnace
12-31-2006, 09:00 AM
I have a new years resolution..get my lathe running before I turn 31. I might be having surgery on my right femur so I might not get it running to mid-summer, both of which sucks. Just kills me to come home and see it setting there and cant even play with it.

John Stevenson
12-31-2006, 09:05 AM
I have a new years resolution..get my lathe running before I turn 31. I might be having surgery on my right femur so I might not get it running to mid-summer, both of which sucks. Just kills me to come home and see it setting there and cant even play with it.

It's not a treadle lathe is it ?

Al Messer
12-31-2006, 09:06 AM
My New Years' resolution is to organize and clean up the shop so I can find what I'm looking for sooner.

Furnace
12-31-2006, 09:41 AM
No, it isnt a treadle lathe, though I could be using it if it was. I still have the gib to make and get the VFD hooked up. My son turns 9 months old today so he takes most of my time right now.

Evan
12-31-2006, 09:55 AM
I made one New Year's resolution long ago and have stuck to it. Never make a New Year's resolution.

BTW, if anybody is looking for a slightly used treadmill motor cheap just check the classified ads in a couple of months.

JRouche
12-31-2006, 11:15 AM
I made one New Year's resolution long ago and have stuck to it. Never make a New Year's resolution.

Ok Evan. I'll make one for ya.. My dedicated NYR for Evan is to complete his home grown milling machine so JRouche can see it. Nice lookin piece, cant wait. Thanks Evan.....

madman
12-31-2006, 11:58 AM
Not have any more kids. Gettin too old to change diappers. Also get all projects started in 1994 and after looked at and possibly finished.

ptjw7uk
12-31-2006, 12:01 PM
Mine is to try and remember what it was I was looking for when I decided to clear up the shop!!
Peter

Nutter
12-31-2006, 06:42 PM
My resolution is to keep my shop looking like this:

http://members.tcq.net/jnutter/prehurco_cleanup/photos/photo1.jpg

Instead of this:

http://members.tcq.net/jnutter/IMG4106S.JPG

Turns out that gray stuff you can see in the top photo is something called 'floor'...

lane
12-31-2006, 09:43 PM
Hay is that mill on wheels I like the idea .( Have mill will travel )