PDA

View Full Version : Push in air hose fitting

Vern Smith
12-31-2006, 01:58 PM
Is anyone familiar with the air hose fittings sold under the name Amflo ? The instructions are, push the barbed end into their proprietary hose and thatís it, no clamps necessary. Rated to 300 psi. Sound too good to be true.

http://i129.photobucket.com/albums/p211/VernSmith/hoseend.jpg

Appreciate any comments, favorable or not.

Vern

Weston Bye
12-31-2006, 02:08 PM
I used a lot of them back in the '80s and '90s building automated machinery. All ran at 60-90 psi. Idon't recall ever having a problem. I don't know that I would have pushed them to 300, though. Maybe with a hose clamp...

Sharpshootermb
12-31-2006, 03:11 PM
Vern, I have used these same ends in our shop air hoses for several years. I have not had a bad experience with them as of yet. We run about 140psi on our lines using impacts etc. When the hose does get bad at the fitting end I just cut the end back about a foot. Carefully split the hose at the push in fitting and remove. Use some tire mounting lube and push fitting back into the trimmed end of the hose. No Clamps! Works great.

Jim Caudill
12-31-2006, 03:48 PM
I use them all the time, mostly at less than 120psi. You have to make sure you use the proper hose and fittings though. I use Goodyear "Insta-Grip" hose and "pushlok" fittings. If you'd like to use the supplier I use, try www.kleen-ritecorp.com. Fittings are usually around $1 to $1.50 for the sizes I use.

Mcgyver
12-31-2006, 03:50 PM
maybe braces and a belt, but i put a hose clamp on them, even though the fact that they are impossible to pull out suggests the redundancy. i usually end up making my own. not to save a few dollars, but it would take longer to make the trip to the store than knock one off. besides, my lathe likes the company and I avoid the misery of the modern retail experience.

Vern Smith
12-31-2006, 06:03 PM
Thanks fellows. Jim, I'll call Kleen-Rite on Tuesday and order what I need.

Vern

gundog
12-31-2006, 06:21 PM
maybe braces and a belt, but i put a hose clamp on them, even though the fact that they are impossible to pull out suggests the redundancy. i usually end up making my own. not to save a few dollars, but it would take longer to make the trip to the store than knock one off. besides, my lathe likes the company and I avoid the misery of the modern retail experience.

I went to the store the other day to buy a splice and guessed the wrong size rather than go back I just turned one out of brass stock on the lathe. It wasn't the cost savings I just didn't want to go back to the store I probably paid more for the brass stock than what the fitting cost.
GD

jkilroy
12-31-2006, 07:50 PM
Once you have actually fully seated one of those fittings into the proper hose you will not have any doubts about its sealing ability. :D

ProGunOne
12-31-2006, 10:34 PM
Vern, I have used these same ends in our shop air hoses for several years. I have not had a bad experience with them as of yet. We run about 140psi on our lines using impacts etc. When the hose does get bad at the fitting end I just cut the end back about a foot. Carefully split the hose at the push in fitting and remove. Use some tire mounting lube and push fitting back into the trimmed end of the hose. No Clamps! Works great.

I agree and we run them at work on about the same air pressure. I never tried the tire lube, just plain old spit has worked just fine!

Happy New Years Fellas!!

lane
12-31-2006, 10:38 PM
Yes Parker has made one for I know at least 25 years use it all the time never had one come loose . Usually have to cut them apart .