PDA

View Full Version : OT: computer issue

JPR
01-02-2007, 09:56 AM
I have two pc problems, one which affects reading this board.

The pc is an older IBM R40 running XP pro using a wireless connection. If IE is open more than once, the additional windows may not be able to access the internet. On the HSM board, this results in the photos not being displayed. Going to repair connection will correct the problem for a few minutes or longer depending on the day. This was not a problem with the Dell notebook that the IBM replaced, so I am assuming it is not a problem with the Zoom dsl modem/wireless router. Also the desktop pc is hard wired to the Zoom dsl modem and never has this problem.

The second problem started recently. Using standby or hibernate from Windows will shut down the pc. However, when the pc is restarted it goes back into standy or hibernate one more time. Powering it on the second time is fine.

Paul Alciatore
01-02-2007, 08:08 PM
My first thoughts are do you have all the latest XP updates and is your virus software 100%.

I recently had a virus problem and it made my computer run very slow. It took a couple minutes to open up the first program after booting and 15 minutes or more for the second one. I had quite a time getting it out, there were at lest 35 copies on the hard drive.