PDA

View Full Version : Lincoln 255C or Miller 251?

gundog
01-03-2007, 02:49 AM
I am getting ready this week to buy a new Mig welder with aluminum spool gun. Both the Miller 251 and Lincoln 255C are pretty close in price. I had planned on buying the Miller but a guy told me the other day Lincoln has a better spool gun. I am not in the welding trade so I am looking for some advice here from the more experienced welders. I have never welded aluminum before so this will be new. I have experience using a smaller Lincoln Mig and I have arc and gas welded for years but not for a living. Any good or bad with either one and for what reason?
Thanks in advance for the advice.
Mike

torker
01-03-2007, 04:21 AM
gundog...I own all Lincoln equipment but use Miller stuff 10 hours a day where I work. They're all good welders. However...I was going to buy the Miller you where looking at. The local dealer had a special on with the spool gun included. He was the one that talked me out of the deal. He knows I buy quality welding stuff and he said I wouldn't be happy with the Miller spool gun.
That's the only advice I can give you....take it from there..
Russ

gundog
01-03-2007, 04:58 AM
Thanks Torker that is the second time I have heard that now. I have no brand preference my arc welder is a Miller and my small Mig is a Lincoln (allthough my last name is Miller? but I get no royalties) and both have served me well but I was told by another guy that the Miller spool gun was not as good as the Lincoln but I don't know why.
GD

madman
01-03-2007, 07:47 AM
Lincoln has a better quality product. Some stuff on the millers is a joke compared to the Lincoln.