PDA

View Full Version : Materials for clockmaking

Alistair Hosie
01-07-2007, 02:50 PM
Does anyone know of a good place that supplies clockmaking materials sheet brass etc I don't want ready made parts or quartz movements just raw materials preferably within UK thanks Alistair

Alan Smith
01-07-2007, 03:51 PM
www.chronos.ltd.uk

Alan

Forrest Addy
01-07-2007, 07:30 PM
Allistair, as it happens I have a good many tooth spaces in almost all common clock pitches. All you have to do is fit them to the gear you're making. They don't cost much to ship beacuse they're bulky for their weight. I can let you have an assortment for a reasonable price plus shipping. I have many holes and other vital features if you need them.

Your Old Dog
01-07-2007, 09:10 PM
Forest, if Alistair passes this deal up I'd like you to put me down for 3 dozen tooth spaces of various sizes. Email me you paypal account and what you need for them and I'll get it right out. Money is not a big deal here as I really do need the spaces.

Swarf&Sparks
01-08-2007, 08:25 AM
Forrest, can you also supply holes for ruby and sapphire bearings?
If so, I'd be interested in stock sizes and shipping prices to Western Australia.
Rgds, Lin
:D

agrip
01-08-2007, 01:19 PM
Forrest
Ignorance on my part, what does the term "tooth spaces" mean in your post?
I can apply it in the context of a board stretcher, OR a layout device for cutting the common tooth.

You know it really happens, that when you have been working at 14000 ft msl for too long, that you can cut the board off three times and it is STILL too short.

TIA Ag

Alistair Hosie
01-08-2007, 03:00 PM
Thanks Forest they are not for me. My friend Fred wants access to a place selling raw materials such as brass sheet etc this is for making and repairing musical movements for musical boxes.Usually supplies by a clockmakers suppliers so if you could kindly offer them to the others I would be greatful regards. Alistair