PDA

View Full Version : Forrest Addy

JCHannum
01-08-2007, 11:22 PM
Perhaps not everyone here is aware that Forrest has broken his leg. I just spotted it on the PM site, checking information on his anticipated scraping class.

I am sure all here will join in wishing him a speedy recovery.

Forrest Addy
01-09-2007, 12:06 AM
So far it's nothing but a source of endless frustration. It's wrecked my plans to teach a scraping class in Springfiled Vermont and any dozne daily chores around my home.

Thanks, JC, and thanks in advance for any good wishes that may come to me. Outside of having to crip around, I'm fine.

lazlo
01-09-2007, 12:11 AM
Hope you feel better Forrest!

CCWKen
01-09-2007, 12:26 AM
Ah man! Skiing with the Governator again, eh?

Get well soon.

Mike W
01-09-2007, 12:37 AM
Get well soon Forrest.

SJorgensen
01-09-2007, 02:18 AM
Sorry to hear about it Forrest.

At least now you can take the weight off and catch up on your correspondence and maybe draft up a few special projects for the spring.

I hope it doesn't ache too much. Some say that they can predict changes in the weather from the ache. Lets all hope for fair weather.

Tin Falcon
01-09-2007, 02:23 AM
Forest: Speedy recovery . I managed to break my arm in the middle of my USAF welding taining! What a pain figurativly and literaly.
Gods speed
Tin

abn
01-09-2007, 03:30 AM
Yuck...I hope you heal quick and are none the worse for wear.

So far it's nothing but a source of endless frustration. It's wrecked my plans to teach a scraping class in Springfiled Vermont and any dozne daily chores around my home.

Thanks, JC, and thanks in advance for any good wishes that may come to me. Outside of having to crip around, I'm fine.

TECHSHOP
01-09-2007, 04:43 AM
Although this would explain the sudden increase in your postings, take it easy and heal well.

R W
01-09-2007, 06:07 AM
Best wishes for a trouble free recovery.

Regards,
R W

Your Old Dog
01-09-2007, 06:29 AM
I think Techshop hit it on the head! I'm still recovering from my broken ankle. I've watched everything on the boob tube twice and made it all the way thru the world wide web twice. Efforts to get in some shop time are hampered by ankle swelling and subsequent swelling/pain. Hope your's goes a little better than mine did. Maybe now it's a good time to learn some new tricks online. (Talk good to your woman, mine had to pick up all the slack I've left behind and that's a considerable amount considering the good husband that I was :D )

all the best,
ray.........

torker
01-09-2007, 08:38 AM
Forrest, I feel for you! Not the same but I've been slowed right down with a wicked flu for a week now. I'm very frustrated that I'm not getting enough done. I'm sure you are running into that as well. Hope you didn't end up with one of them big ol' scratchy plaster casts on...I remember that was the worst part of the "bone breaking" experience!
Good Luck!
Russ

Alistair Hosie
01-09-2007, 08:50 AM
Get well soon Forest brother God Bless.Alistair

Orrin
01-09-2007, 10:50 AM
Here's wishing you a speedy recovery, Forrest.

Best regards,

Orrin

Todd Tolhurst
01-09-2007, 11:27 AM
Mend quickly, Forrest.

motomoron
01-09-2007, 11:37 AM
Forrest.

You of all people should know that kicking a recalcitrant piece of machinery only causes personal grief.

Drink your milk, stay off the leg, and let those bones knit.

Get well!

EW

Mcgyver
01-09-2007, 11:39 AM
Forrest, sorry to hear about that, I hope for a speedy recovery for you. A scraping seminar would be a treat - i hope its considered only delayed not canceled :) when you are well and it gets rescheduled make sure its taped - such instruction by experienced experts is far and few between and should be captured for prosperity.

dirty old man
01-09-2007, 02:04 PM
Forrest, as you probably know by now, I spend a good bit of time on PM, (too much time, really}, but the only hint I had was a mention by you of a broke leg hampering you progress on some project or other. I thought that you were referring to an old break that was bothering you.
Allow me to take this oppurtunity to wish you a speedy and complete recovery.
If you remember, at the Sav. GA seminar, I was hampered considerably by a bad case of Sciatica. I'm happy to report that after about 8 visits to an accupuncturist, I am in enough better shape to actually go to the club and dance with the ladies.
Dave

dirty old man
01-09-2007, 02:09 PM
Well, I tried to remove the smiley face because I wanted it beside my comment about going dancing and not in such an inappropriate place as to head up a get well wish to Forrest.
Dave

Wirecutter
01-09-2007, 02:26 PM
Forrest -

Sorry you got injured. Best wishes for a speedy recovery that needs no "warranty service". I've really appreciated your contributions here, and sincerely hope you mend well. Be well.

-Mark

speedy
01-09-2007, 09:19 PM
Wishing you a full and rapid recovery Forrest.

wierdscience
01-09-2007, 09:25 PM
Broken leg?Just hacksaw it off and turn up a replacement out of brass:D

Seriously though may yours be a speedy recovery!

DancingBear
01-09-2007, 10:21 PM
Get well soon, Forrest.

Walt

JRouche
01-09-2007, 11:27 PM
Ouch.... Hope its not too bad of a fracture. If it is, watch closely for infection....That could set you down hard..

Take care O' the stump,,,hmmm,,,,wait,,,I mean,,,, the fine strong tree trunk,,,not stump of a limb,,,,yeah, thats what I meant....

Heal well Forrest....JRouche

Sprocket
01-09-2007, 11:46 PM
Get better Forrest, and any time you can get to Vermont is a good time.

Maybe mud season will be over by then. Sugaring usually starts around Town Meeting Day (first Tuesday in March) and goes until the weather won't cooperate anymore. Might be mid April. This has been a crazy winter so far so who knows what Spring will be like.

Any way, hope you heal fast, and can reschedule your class.

Doug Shaw Williston VT