PDA

View Full Version : Harbor fright toys

A.K. Boomer
01-15-2007, 01:48 AM
I went to pwelo down by the reever today, scored me a deapth dial indicator for $6.95,,, works like silk,,, how in the hell can they do that, scored a diamond tool sharpener block (four sides with different grits), scored an assortment of diamond bits for $2.95, i was going to gett a magnetic base to be able to use with the indicator but i walked past this 2 channel radio controlled twin engine plane so i did what any half assed machinist would do -- i bought the plane, get home put it on the charger and assemble it, friend calls me up and says he's going to be gone for 3 months so if i want some "home brew" to come and get it and get it fast, go sweeel down a bunch of home brew come home and go to test the plane whilst drunk and hack a finger and almost rip a hole in the sofa-king-we-tod-did:D :) :o :rolleyes:

zopi
01-15-2007, 10:21 AM
:D I've had days like that..

lazlo
01-15-2007, 12:01 PM
I went to pwelo down by the reever today, scored me a deapth dial indicator for $6.95,,, works like silk

Uh, to calibrate your expectations, have you ever used a Swiss dial indicator (BesTest, Federal-Mahr,...)? :o

CCWKen
01-15-2007, 08:45 PM
As far as I know, the Chinese .001" is the same as the Swedish .001". :D

Them blondies over there charge too much for their services anyway. ;)

A.K. Boomer
01-15-2007, 09:02 PM
Iv drooled over them interapids, I would love to own one someday, my china 5/10ths quill mount indicator is still hanging in there, i cant kick -- its been good...

greywynd
01-16-2007, 09:37 AM
As far as I know, the Chinese .001" is the same as the Swedish .001". :D

Them blondies over there charge too much for their services anyway. ;)

That maybe, but the Chinese .002mm and the Swedish ones are different, same goes for .0001". When you are working with those numbers, the extra money is well worth it. (I use my .002mm Interapid indicator daily at work, but also know that after I'm through working where I am someday, will likely never use it again.)

Mark

HTRN
01-16-2007, 10:19 AM
Uh, to calibrate your expectations, have you ever used a Swiss dial indicator (BesTest, Federal-Mahr,...)? :o

Or the Rolls Royce of Indicators - Etalon?

HTRN