X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Alistair Hosie
    • Aug 2002

What could these be used for?????

I have a pile of cutters from a spindle moulder these are used in pairs,but the ones I have left are singles.The steel on the other hand is beautiful high speed steel and is almost certainly hardened. They are different sizes from quite large to medium say a couple of inches to four inches all are ground to a profile.I figured the steel is to good to throw away what on the other hand could they be used for ?Alistair p.s I have about 20 in all
    Please excuse my typing as I have a form of parkinsons disease
  • CCWKen
    • Jan 2003

If I didn't know you were across the pond, I would have thought you digging through my favorite salvage yard. I saw a 12x12" box full of them there last week and was thinking the same thing. Nothing came to mind so I walked on by. I guess if you worked wood, you could use them on a lathe as a form cutter but that's all I can think of.

Make sure Thrud gets our best.

Comment

• Your Old Dog
      • Dec 2004

You can't reshape them into molding cutters of your own design? I'd eBay them puppys before I'd toss'em away. Someone is sure to get some use out of them.
      - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
      Thank you to our families of soldiers, many of whom have given so much more then the rest of us for the Freedom we enjoy.

It is true, there is nothing free about freedom, don't be so quick to give it away.

Comment

Put them in a clamp tool and use them for a shave tool on a lathe. Or if you have the radius style you can make great ball turners

Comment

Working...
        X