PDA

View Full Version : OT: Mozillas Thunderbird email

Bill Pace
01-17-2007, 05:05 PM
I downloaded Firefox & Thunderbird and am pretty impressed...enough to keep it for awhile anyway. But, I've already got a glitch with the email---when setting up I checked it to be the default instead of Outlook Express that I had been using. I sent myself a couple emails and was OK, they went into T-bird--- so little while later I got my first email and it went to Outlook! ---now I cant get anything to go to T-bird, despite everything I know of saying T-bird is the default. Any ideas??

Rex
01-17-2007, 06:02 PM
Export your emails and address books to Tbird.
Edit out the account info in OE.
Don't look back

BillH
01-17-2007, 06:08 PM
setting TB to default only brings it up when you click on an email link. If you start up outlook, it will download the emails from the server. As mentioned, remove your account info in outlook.

Bill Pace
01-17-2007, 06:45 PM
Bill & Rex......Its simple when you know what to do! It now works.

Would seem that that would be pointed out in the download instructions---it just says to select as default, and obviously that doesnt completly cover it.

Thanks guys,----- aint these forums wunnerful, ... to be able to get info like this in this short a time...love it!!

john hobdeclipe
01-17-2007, 06:55 PM
I fought with Outlook until I had pulled out most of what little hair I had to start with. Could not make it work with multiple email addresses.

Went with Thunderbird and everything works smoothly.

My hair is slowly growing back.

Bill Pace
01-17-2007, 07:03 PM
If you can market it as the "latest, greatest" hair growth, etc, you'll be rich!

Actually, my problem stemmed from the forum here. I kept trying to access the search function for an article in a back issue of HSM, and it would hang/lock my puter up, weird! So, thought of Firefox, and doggoned if Firefox wont open the search function right up. While I was doing that I went ahead with the Tbird mail too.