X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Karl H
    • Sep 2005

1950 Bridgeport/Feeler back plate

Hi Guys, The forman gave me a 1950 Bridgeport Knee Mill because they were going to toss it. Our company bought this mill used. I wasn't around yet, but when I came on board the ram adapter had a crack on the right side(kind of like it fell on it's nose).I've checked out ebay to no avail. Can anybody point me in the correct direction? Also the shop has an almost new 4" six jaw chuck to be mounted to a Feeler Toolroom lathe(my favorite by the way). The nose I found out is a knock off of a DV-59 Hardinge lathe with a 4 degree taper. 2.298" largest-2.131" smallest-nose is 1.570"long.I'm looking for a reasonably priced backplate to use this chuck. Hardinge wants over $200 for it(plus I'd have to machine it). Thanks -K-
  • Carld
    • Aug 2006

I am very familiar with mills but for the life of me I can't figure out what you mean by ram adapter. Could you be more specific and describe what you are talking about?
    It's only ink and paper

Comment

• Karl H
      • Sep 2005

Ram Adapter

Carld, The ram adapter(Part H-225)is the part that connects the head to the ram. It's a large part but you need this to tram the head. I've heard it called the knuckle. Can you help? Thanks -K-

Comment

• pcarpenter
        • Jun 2005

Ram Adaptor is the official part name. I've seen them sell on Ebay in the past, but it might mean you have to wait around a while to find one.

There is a fellow by the name of John Fahnestock (sp?) who used to contribute to the yahoo BP group quite a bit. He owned J&L Scraping out in Mass. somewhere as a second generation owner. I think I understood he got out of the business full time, but still does some work as he posted something to the PM site just recently. I don't remember his screen name there, but you may want to look around. look in the machinery (for sale) forum as he was just recently selling a rebuilt mill. I've spoken to him on the phone and he is helpful and may have parts around.

Paul
        Last edited by pcarpenter; 02-22-2007, 06:19 PM.
        Paul Carpenter
        Mapleton, IL

Comment

• Rich Carlstedt
          • Jul 2001

You might try Quality machine in Ohio. They have lots of Bridgeport parts.

I would have it welded with nickel rod.
          Put a spacer in the slot to hold size. Groove the crack,
          Preheat to 800 to 1000 and then weld and cool slowly over 24 hours
          (Pour 100 pounds of kitty liter on it)
          Rich
          Green Bay, WI

Comment

• lane
            • Aug 2005

Some people call it the Knuckle.
            Every Mans Work Is A Portrait of Him Self
            http://sites.google.com/site/machinistsite/TWO-BUDDIES
            http://s178.photobucket.com/user/lan...?sort=3&page=1

Comment

• JPR
              • Jun 2004

item #8 http://www.asapmachineryrepair.com/61.htm
              John

Comment

• Karl H
                • Sep 2005

1950 Bridgeport

Thanks guys for the helpful leads. I'll do some searching in the morning. The welding part seems plausable but I have a feeling there is more damage than on the surface because one of the head tramming bolts is broken which could mean more internal damage/won't know until it's decapitated. Thanks -K-

Comment

Working...
                X