PDA

View Full Version : Another project...

burnlast
03-06-2007, 11:09 PM
Haven't checked in for a while,but have been looking.The 1/2 scale Peerless engine bed is about to the point of assembly.So that explains where I've been.So on with the next project.

At Christmas my son got his first shotgun.We haven't gotten to shoot a whole lot yet,but as soon as the weather breaks guess where we will be.Last weekend my son and I ran out to Gander Mountain and was looking around when we spotted a clay pigeon thrower.My son made the comment "Hey Dad ,we can build one of these!!!" I told him I would see what we could come up with.
I kinda liked the one you hook to a car battery and has a remote foot switch to throw the clay.I've surfed around the net trying to figure out how one of these work but can't find anything.Anyone out there know or have any plans, drawings,or ideas?

Thanks!!!

johnhurd
03-07-2007, 08:04 AM
I just mounted the thrower on some square tubing that fit the tow receiver and used a door lock solenoid wired to foot button powered by the trailer light pigtail.

burnlast
03-07-2007, 07:59 PM
Thanks johnhurd.I thought about that some. I meant to post a link, but all the overtime I've been working lately,has caused some brain burps.Here is the link to what I was thinking about......

http://www.do-alltraps.com/sportingclays/productinfo/aerial.html

The instructional video shows how it works.

Thanks