PDA

View Full Version : How long do you wait for Ebay purchase

garyphansen
03-14-2007, 07:53 PM
I bought a part for my lathe off Ebay a couple of weeks ago and paid right a way with paypal. I have Emailed the seller three times asking if he has shipped with no responce. How long do you wait before you notifie Ebay that you did not recieve your purchase? Gary P. Hansen

JRouche
03-14-2007, 08:05 PM
Hi Gary. Two weeks is a long time with no communication. As a buyer on an auction you can get the sellers contact information. Many times I have done that and there was a good telephone number there. It has helped. JRouche

PaulT
03-14-2007, 08:08 PM
Enter a dispute with Ebay right away. I waited too long after a tool seller on Ebay named 800watt took my money but never shipped me my item and I got burned on it. I think you have 30 days to notify them but you better check on it.

Paul T.

lane
03-14-2007, 08:10 PM
Hope you did not buy from milissa 07 may never get it. Contact your seller

BadDog
03-14-2007, 08:40 PM
I had a similar problem with Smolk Tool (AKA Collet King). I paid immediately after purchase with included instruction to call/email with tracking number so I could make sure I was here. No response for several days. So email again, and again, and again. So I track down his phone number based on name/location and call, get the answering machine. Leave message, after message... Finally I get home one day to find a box setting outside. :( To make matters worse, one collet appears to have had a 1/4" angle grinder used to open up the keyway, total junk. Called for a replacement, and called, and called... Finally got someone, and he blew me off. Said if I didn’t like it, I could pay to ship THE WHOLE SET BACK and he would “evaluate” it for refund. No discussion about replacing the collet, it was pay to ship the whole set of 30 collets back for a *possible* refund or nothing. Shipping cost more than the collet, so I just ate it and resolved never to purchase from the SOB again.

Point is, if they won’t respond, your probably dealing with a jackass like Smolk. IF you get it, your likely screwed anyway. So IMO you should treat it as such and open a complaint with ebay as soon as the deadline for doing so passes.

rockrat
03-14-2007, 08:58 PM
Good advice so far. Go into eBay and read the dispute console stuff. There is a limited time that you can file a complaint. I also had a bad episode. I submitted a complaint with about 2 days to go. In the end, I never got the item and they were able to get me some of the money back.

With paypal, you will need to read thier site and find out how to play that game.

None the less, file now. You can (with ebay) reteact the complaint if the seller has only forgot and gets your stuff shipped when he gets the 1st warning.
rock-

MikeHenry
03-14-2007, 09:33 PM
BadDog,

That's odd - I've bought from colletking several times and always gotten the product as described and shipped pretty quickly, to boot.

Mike

03-14-2007, 10:23 PM
I did a no receive on one seller,You know it locks there paypal account so they can't get any money out.I have gotten a lot more from this same seller.He now answerers my emails and gives me a good feed back.You need to do it now,Don't wait till its to late....

BadDog
03-14-2007, 10:27 PM
The shipping time frame was not the problem, and all collets but one were fine. The absolute and total disregard for communications as well as the crap collet he sent and then stone-walled on correcting was the problem. There is no way he missed the emails, voicemails, OR the obviously ground all to hell collet he sent me. Then offering only the "all or nothing" resolution that would leave me some $40 in the hole *IF* he decided to refund the cost (since he refused to cover ANY shipping, I would have ANOTHER $20 shipping to get them back if he refused to pay) of the collets was the final straw.

But this is getting way OT, if you want to discuss the details, send me a PM...

Alistair Hosie
03-15-2007, 06:31 PM
I've had this happen a few times and the guy was taken ill and was in hospital but I think it's a week or ten days with no response and ebay write to them and gee them up.Alistair

seatlanta
03-15-2007, 07:55 PM
I agree that you should file a dispute if you don't get the merchandise and if you can't get the seller to respond.

Nothing bothers me more than a seller (or buyer) who won't communicate with me. It drives me crazy.

In some cases, sellers with a high volume just don't take the time to respond, but still ship the merchandise. It's still frustrating if you can't get any information.

===========

I recently made a $130 purchase. The seller mailed it, but it never arrived. He would not respond to my e-mails and would not provide tracking info. I finally filed a dispute and that got his attention. Even so, he was unwilling to refund my money or even suggest a compromise, so the matter is now in PayPal's hands.

============

Some eBay sellers just don't understand the importance of fair play and good customer relations.

Good luck.
James (seatlanta)

scott96088
03-16-2007, 12:12 AM
I bought some stuff on ebay and paid with Paypal. The next day ebay pulled the sellers ID.

Before I bought I looked at the sellers feedback it was like 99.9% for 400 or so feedbacks so I feld good. After ebay pulled his ID sent a couple of emails but no reply from the seller.. So I went to paypal and filed a claim. Paypal said, give them 10 days to check things out and for the seller to reply. The seller never replied. So Paypal refunded 100% of the claim after the 10 days.:)

I later looked more closely at the feedback. It was crap all most all of it was .01 to .05 items listed as feedback builders. So I was scamed but Paypal saved the day for me!

Scott

JRouche
03-16-2007, 01:25 AM
So Paypal refunded 100% of the claim after the 10 days.:)

Good for you Scott. I only got 75% from paypal when I had to file a claim. They must be getting better. JRouche

Your Old Dog
03-16-2007, 05:53 AM
I like US Postal Money Orders for just this reason. Its Postal Fraud to use the mail for schemes where you don't deliver a product. It saved my wagon once.

IOWOLF
03-16-2007, 10:43 AM
I still haven't gotten any response from the guy in Fla.that has a W/S #3 i won on ebay for 9.99.
Last email I got from him was not through ebay saying He didn't know if he could sell it for 9.99.
As soon as I could i sent a dispute to Ebay, he hasn't answered them yet either.

Alistair Hosie
03-16-2007, 11:06 AM
Wolfie you won it it's yours he should've thought of that before advertising it for $9.99 shouldn't he?What would happen if you offered $999.00 and then he was salivating at the prospect of the money coming through and you told hime the same thing .Ebay takes a very dim view of this and so does the law you bought it you own it as I see it.But then as they say possesion is nine tenths of the law .Alistair.

Marc M
03-16-2007, 12:11 PM
Wolfie you won it it's yours he should've thought of that before advertising it for $9.99 shouldn't he?What would happen if you offered $999.00 and then he was salivating at the prospect of the money coming through and you told hime the same thing .Ebay takes a very dim view of this and so does the law you bought it you own it as I see it.But then as they say possesion is nine tenths of the law .Alistair.

This is a fairly common occurrence. Sellers will put stuff up with a low opening bid and no reserve in an effort to stimulate bidding. It's a common technique and it's usually effective, but now and then it bites the seller in the arse. Unfortunately, unless the seller does it constantly, there is little to no chance that Ebay will do anything about it. There might be legal recourse, but due to the expenses of dealing with an out of state litigant and court it's usually cost prohibitive. All you can do is file a complaint with Ebay, give him negative feedback, and forget about what could have been.

Alistair Hosie
03-16-2007, 07:06 PM
I think Wolfie only wanted the collets on this purchase perhaps it might work out if you settle for that and the seller thinbks at the end of the day he's won don't know if it will work or not but you could try it regardsAlistair

tiptop
03-21-2007, 02:00 PM
I hope it was not 800watt you ar deling with. Although he has eventually shipped both times I have delt him, I had to start a dispute each time. Because this person will not respond is reason enough to start action. I hope you saved the emails you sent. Refer to the date purchased and dates you have tried to comunicate and start "item not received claim". Good luck

pcarpenter
03-21-2007, 04:12 PM
My experience with 800watt was not so good either. I bought a machine lamp a year or so ago with only the normal shipping delay. I won a twin column height gauge and was sent the digital gauge. No reply to my Ebay message after 3 weeks resulted in negative feedback left. So much time elapsed that I had to use the item. When he left me negative feedback saying "what's up....let us know and we will make it good" I had to reply that it was now 5 weeks+ after I won the auction and the mistake was no longer fixable. As a percentage of their sales volume, they may have decent feedback, but it still includes a lot of either negatives or neutrals.

Shame...I would love to do business with them on other items for their good prices, but I am not sure the risk is worth it at this point.

Paul

lazlo
03-21-2007, 05:47 PM
Hope you did not buy from milissa 07 may never get it.

Lane, do you mean melissab-07?

That's Al Babin's daughter :eek:

I won a bunch of T-15 cut-off blades from her for 99 cents, and was amazed that she actually shipped them.

03-21-2007, 06:35 PM
I hope it was not 800watt you ar deling with. Although he has eventually shipped both times I have delt him, I had to start a dispute each time. Because this person will not respond is reason enough to start action. I hope you saved the emails you sent. Refer to the date purchased and dates you have tried to comunicate and start "item not received claim". Good luck
I have only had one problem with 800 Watt,Filed a dispute and ever sense fast shipping,Even answers my emails...Also give me a good feed back just the other day.......

03-21-2007, 06:40 PM
I told 800 watt that he had a lot more things I was interested in,However I needed answeres to my email and so forth.....At this time I've gotten almost All i want from him,Only about 4 to go.....:rolleyes:

lane
03-21-2007, 10:28 PM
Lazlo yes finely after 2 months she put my money back in pay pal. But they never shipped me the collets i I bought on a buy it now . I know what they did some one offered them more for them because they were a steal on the buy it now .They did not know what they had. and they did not respond untill i filed a complaint with Pay pal. some people just dont deal square.

garyphansen
03-21-2007, 11:39 PM
Lane, do you mean melissab-07?

That's Al Babin's daughter

My lathe part finally came! The seller was pizazziee AKA Lisa Alexander from CA but the part came from CT. Is the Al's Daughter under another Ebay name. She did return my emails but not through Ebay so I missed them because I failed to look at my Gmail account for a couple of days. They paid over $11. postage and only charged me $9.00 shipping. They could have sent it flat rate Prioritory Mail for $8.10. Gary P. Hansen