PDA

View Full Version : OT-Anything near Gatlinburg,TN

cadwiz
03-20-2007, 12:17 PM
Taking a little vacation to the Gatlinburg,TN & Asheville,NC areas. Anthing interesting machine wise to see up that way?

Cadwiz

Clemson
03-20-2007, 01:40 PM
Biggers Machine, Shelby, NC. 704-482-1332. LOTS of used machinery.

Dawai
03-20-2007, 03:02 PM
Summertime, rod runs.. YOu can walk though, drive just about as fast..
Ohh the paint, ohh the cars, ohh the bikes..

WE got married up there in a cabin in the woods. Nice, cheap, preacher came right to the house. People from all over came to visit. Lots of them got speeding tickets by the way. Seems whole shebang, cabin, food and all was less than a grand. No speeding tickets thou for me.
Quiet, enjoyable.. I'd like to go back without all the relatives. The cabin, it was 1/3 normal cost.. You'd have to talk to my wife to figure out how she did that.

Go to google, type in maps, then google earth, then attractions...

David

ckelloug
03-20-2007, 03:07 PM
If you're willing to go all of the way to Birmingham, AL, there is Sloss Furnaces. This is the only blast furnace from the turn of the century that is now a national historic site. Could be 4-6 hours from Gatlinburg however. They also do public Iron pourings every month!

japcas
03-20-2007, 05:40 PM
Hey Cadwiz. I live about 1 hour from Pigeon Forge and about 1.5 hours from Gatlingburg. I don't know of any machinery dealers but there is a few attractions in the area. One is the Smoky Mountain Knife Works which is in Seveirville about 30 minutes out of Gatlinburg. If you like knifes, they have anything you would want. Another attraction is the Ripley's Aquarium in Gatlinburg. There is plenty of shopping for the little lady and a few general tool stores that I usually check out. One or two of them do sell some woodworking machinery. If you don't like heavy traffic then I'd look up Rod Run in Pigeon Forge and find out what weekends they are having them on and then schedule around them. Like David said, you can walk easier than drive at the rod runs.