PDA

View Full Version : I can't get anything done...

torker
03-30-2007, 12:35 AM
Welcome to Toyland...I've run out of room...didn't even want to show you all the other side...two motors on engine stands...my woodstove, my new mobile work station that has my tool and cutter grinder and my lil' disc/belt sander...hydraulic press...full barrel of alcohol (100% poison), 60 gallon air compressor!
When I die...my wifes new boyfriend will have a field day!
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v210/torker/DSC00001-24.jpg
Russ....still looking for a shop!!!

Evan
03-30-2007, 01:05 AM
Sure is a lot of unused floor space in there.

torker
03-30-2007, 01:13 AM
Sure is a lot of unused floor space in there.
Ya...the girl makes me keep that part tidy. Before she came around, you would never have seen any dumm floor down there...guaranteed :D

matador
03-30-2007, 02:07 AM
Oh,you poor wretched fellow,you!:D.
Iwish i had your problems.(20'x9' back of garage workshop).
And the only green i see appears to be on the bandsaw(?)to the left of the pic:D.

Your Old Dog
03-30-2007, 06:15 AM

Sorry Russ but I can't work up much sympathy for a guy who has both a wife and a female weldor............with a nice butt ! :D

torker
03-30-2007, 07:43 AM
Oh,you poor wretched fellow,you!:D.
Iwish i had your problems.(20'x9' back of garage workshop).
And the only green i see appears to be on the bandsaw(?)to the left of the pic:D.
You missed the green lathe...you can just see the top of it in the corner. Oh ya...did I mention, the belt on my Ohio is green :D
YOD...butt, butt...my wife does pretty well in the butt dept also!

John Stevenson
03-30-2007, 07:46 AM
I reckon I could get a bridgy and two lathes in that floor space.

madman
03-30-2007, 07:51 AM
You could slide in quiye a lot more stuff in that cavernous shop. My shops so crowded you can barely walk in it

torker
03-30-2007, 08:08 AM
You could slide in quiye a lot more stuff in that cavernous shop. My shops so crowded you can barely walk in it
Mike...it's trick (read crappy) photography...the shop is only 20X24.

speedsport
03-30-2007, 08:43 AM
Torker,
I am just finishing my new shop and it's 20'x24', I really would like to see more pics of your shop, maybe I caould get some more ideas about machine layout.

Willy
03-30-2007, 09:11 AM
Russ, I'm surprised no one has pointed out the obvious solution yet...it's all that dust on the Harley tank.Put that thing on the road for the spring and summer partyin and chasing women and I guarantee when you come back it will be all cleaned up.:D

madman
03-30-2007, 09:52 AM
Im ashamed to post a picture of my shop you cant see nothing but machinery no floor. I dont think ive seen the floor for a while come to think.

Evan
03-30-2007, 10:40 AM
I've always thought it would be fun to run a little contest. Blindfold people and place them in the corner of my garage farthest from the doors. First one out wins a prize. Bonus money for no permanently disabling injuries.

CCWKen
03-30-2007, 01:59 PM
Cripes, you have so much room that looks like the West Texas High Plains in there. :D I can't get from one end of the shop (barn) without climbing over car parts and machines. I've got metal working tools stacked just so I can get into the door. What I'm looking for now is a way to stack work benches. :rolleyes:

BadDog
03-30-2007, 03:22 PM
Run out of room? I haven't seen that much space in my shop since the Bridgeport and Rockwell came home. My shop is almost the same size as yours, but only 19' wide. I have a trail that goes in about 1/3 of the way across, runs about 3/4 of the way to the back, and makes a "U" to come back out about 1/3 of the way from the opposite side. Much of it is steel stock and buggy fabrication gear along with spare truck parts, and of course the requisite collection of “junk I just might need some day”, but it sure makes working out there tough sometimes...

Russ

Evan
03-30-2007, 07:18 PM
I have several shops. Actually, I have 5 shops. I have the garage shop where the big stuff is like the 3 phase drill press, horizontal band saw, shaper and welding gear. In the basement I have four shops, machine shop, grinding/sanding shop, electronics shop and computer room/library.

In the basement year-round machine shop is where my lathe and milling machine are. It is definitely full. There isn't space for anything more. I really like it because if I trip I don't fall down.

This is the basement machine shop from opposite angles.

http://vts.bc.ca/pics2/shopb1.jpg

http://vts.bc.ca/pics2/shopb2.jpg

In the second pic there is an opening in the unfinished wall that connects to the small electronics shop. The grinding shop is behind and to the right of me in the second pic with a wall between the two shops and the computer shop is a couple of steps to the right past the wall mounted storage bins. The basement shops are all just a few steps from each other as the are arranged in a square connected at a common center.

Computer shop:

http://vts.bc.ca/pics/library2.jpg

I'm not showing a pic of the electronics shop or garage shop right now. Too confusing. :D

This summer I plan to set up a small foundry outside under a shed roof about 75 feet from the garage.

PHiers
03-30-2007, 07:39 PM
Wow. Torker you have tons of room! My shop is 15x15 and that is the outside measurements! My shop is so full I stand outside to work,,,,,,, :D

Nick Carter
03-30-2007, 09:48 PM
My "main" shop is 13x21, It's pretty tight:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/67542194@N00/sets/72157594156726487/

I treat it like a submarine shop, keep everything in it's place and only enough room to move...

lane
03-30-2007, 10:06 PM
Well at least we all seemed to be in the same boat. No room to move around. I thought iIhad a problem . Seems we all do.

torker
03-30-2007, 11:59 PM
No...you guys should see my yard! I moved a whole bunch of crap outside. 8 vehicles...all running, 5 motorcycles...all run but one, one forklift...doesn't run yet, about 10 Ford 9" diffs...several Dana 44 fronts and rears, Toyota running gear, D60's etc. Oh ya...we have a plant to...some kind of purple flower :D

Evan
03-31-2007, 01:21 AM
I gotta clean up some of my outside crap too. I want to make this into a foundry area.

http://vts.bc.ca/pics/g2.jpg

dp
03-31-2007, 02:04 AM
Welcome to Toyland...I've run out of room...didn't even want to show you all the other side...two motors on engine stands...my woodstove, my new mobile work station that has my tool and cutter grinder and my lil' disc/belt sander...hydraulic press...full barrel of alcohol (100% poison), 60 gallon air compressor!
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v210/torker/DSC00001-24.jpg

Sniveler! I can't even see my Harley let alone take a picture of it! :) I know it's in there somewhere. The only empty floor space in my double garage is the path between light switches. On the way is my lathe/mill combo or I'd not get any turning done at all. And now I need to make room for a TIG welder. I used to laugh at my dad's garage - so incredibly cluttered with stuff. I recall wondering how he could possibly have so many things in work at the same time. Well, now I know!

IOWOLF
03-31-2007, 07:26 AM
I don't have room for light switches,I use the breakers for turning on the lights.
Those of you that have been here know,and it only gets worse, too many auctions,I am off to one today.

http://www.yourauctionsolutions.com/vanhorn.asp

Tin Falcon
03-31-2007, 08:39 AM
Evan:
Your shed reminds me of the inside of my garage. The other day I had to cut some stock on the horizontal band saw . It only gets used once in a blue moon. Only a few minutes to make a couple of cuts but it felt like it took an hour to get to it.
My teen aged son puts things away for me. He does not understand the concept of a walkway or path though the stuff. So had to dig out a path to get to the saw.
Tin

torker
03-31-2007, 08:43 AM
OK...I took care of all that extra room I had...drug two more dirtbikes in there.
Guess my point was...I used to built race car chassis, truck decks, boat racks etc. in this shop. Not anymore!
Russ

Evan
03-31-2007, 09:28 AM
Hah hah hah. You mean enough space to bring a vehicle in the shop? Hah ha ha. :D

torker
03-31-2007, 11:55 AM
Hah hah hah. You mean enough space to bring a vehicle in the shop? Hah ha ha. :D
Yes...Now that I look...that is pretty funny isn't it :D

IOWOLF
03-31-2007, 03:51 PM
Yes that IS funny, I could do it at one time, But now ha ha ha.