View Full Version : fairly O.T. Shower stall/tile replacement

03-30-2007, 10:03 AM
Hi Guys,

I can't for the life of me figure out how to phrase the thing I'm trying to find through Google.

I would like to replace the tile in my tub/shower with one of those one-piece liner thingys....I know there is a replacement type thing that will basically either go over the tile, or replace the tile once it's removed....I thought I even remembered a whole wall/tub replacement unit that drops into the tub as well to replace that.

I just wanted to look at them online but I couldn't seem to find the secret "key" words for my search......a lot of times I'll even search using the image search as it's easier sometimes to just visually pick something out when I'm not sure what I'm looking for.

Any help would be appreciated.



03-30-2007, 10:30 AM

john hobdeclipe
03-30-2007, 11:37 AM
"shower enclosure"

Make sure, before you buy one, that you have measurements, and that you can get it through the house, around all the corners, and through all the doors. Especially if you get a full one piece tub and shower enclosure. Once you're sure it will work, go back and measure everything again!

If you have a lot of doors to go through and turns to make, get some thin wood strips and make a full size "wire frame" mock-up of the enclosure and walk it through the house and into position before you buy the real thing.

Remember too that this house construction, not precision machining. Allow some wiggle room to slip the enclosure into it's niche and get it lined up.


03-30-2007, 12:23 PM
Here is the spot to learn everything you ever wanted to know about tile & shower construction. This link is to one faq post, the site is rich in other info about it.