PDA

View Full Version : OT: Where to find replacement home HVAC A-Coil

DICKEYBIRD
03-31-2007, 12:57 PM
that fits correctly and is reasonably priced. It's a York unit.

Mine's been leaking and my original plan was to replace the entire system but a recent downturn in the old bankroll prevents it for now. I've been recharging each summer but friends tell me a new evaporator/A-coil isn't a lot of money, especially if I do it myself. I've been Googling but haven't found one yet.

I went up in the attic this morning to verify that it is leaking and to take measurements of the existing (ratty looking) unit. I took off the data plate with the model/serial numbers as well.

Thanks for looking.

HTRN
03-31-2007, 02:12 PM
Check your local HVAC supply house - should be listed in the Yellow pages.

HTRN

Mad Scientist
03-31-2007, 08:43 PM
Donít forget to take the official card that shows that you are a genuine certified trained licensed air conditioner repairman. Without it the dealers around here are not allowed to sell you anything! :( This is to prevent you from releasing Freon in the air and destroying the ozone layer.

It also insures the your friendly conditioner repair man will have plenty of work. :rolleyes:

Jim Caudill
03-31-2007, 09:24 PM
Check ebay, a number of wholesalers are sell units at attractive prices. One of those house should be able to sell you just the "A" coil.

Herm Williams
03-31-2007, 11:24 PM
There should be a"Johnstone Supply" in your area, they will ups one to you. I have used them in Jackson, Ms and San Diego with good results. The only connection I have with Johnstone is as a customer.
re

scott96088
03-31-2007, 11:57 PM
There should be a"Johnstone Supply" in your area, they will ups one to you. I have used them in Jackson, Ms and San Diego with good results. The only connection I have with Johnstone is as a customer.
re

Ditto

Scott

DICKEYBIRD
04-01-2007, 06:23 AM
Will do...thanks fellers!