PDA

View Full Version : Nickel Plating, Part Two

CCWKen
04-10-2007, 07:01 PM
Here's the completed generator to match the starter posted a few days ago. The re-wound armature worked superb and the generator was run-in and set to specs. I'll just have to see if there's any interest on Ebay. :rolleyes:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/0903/CCWKen/Projects/Model%20T/GenRebuild/Generator-Nickel-03.jpg

Evan
04-10-2007, 08:39 PM
Make sure you advertise it as "Professionally rewound".

Your Old Dog
04-10-2007, 09:44 PM
I'll be shocked if the one you had on eBay doesn't do well. It really looks sharp.

Mcgyver
04-10-2007, 10:55 PM
Ken that looks great. obviously you put a lot of work into polishing and the fnish before plating to get that result. Is that the as-plated finish from the nickle plating or did you have to polish after plating as well?

My only knowledge if nickle plating finish is some plumbing fixtures done in a brushed nickle finish. looks kinda of like what you get after a fine file on steel - bright but not shiny.... if that was the finish from nickle plating it would be perfect to prevent rust on steel model parts that need a bright finish.

I'm sure you'll post some interior shots as well on ebay, bet there will be a good market from people who'll pay well for quality like that