PDA

View Full Version : Bandsaw Problems Solved

BigBoy1
04-11-2007, 02:51 PM
I was having problems with the horiz. bandsaw blade not staying vertical in the cut and drifting so the the cut ended up being curved. The blade I was using came installed on the Grizzly saw. The Chinese blade was replaced with a Starrett blade and all of the cutting drifting problems have disappeared! Would you believe the Starrett blades were cheaper than the Chinese blades! I'm returning to Grizzly all of the spare Chinese blades I got with the machine and will replace them with Starrett blades.

Thanks for the help solving the bandsaw cutting problem.

Bill

madman
04-11-2007, 06:02 PM
Thats cause starett buys from china they just dont admit it.

skeeter
04-11-2007, 08:20 PM
Not to steal your thread.

I just bought two Starrett blades from MSC. These blades are the first of any Starrett produces that I have bought that did not have there name on it. It was wrapped in a tag that had the Starrett signature and a bar code. It just does not feel the same when the ones that I have gotten before had Starrett stamped or painted on them.

The ones I got are 5 or 8 percent cobalt and the darn things are pricey.

:)

JCHannum
04-11-2007, 09:50 PM
Thats cause starett buys from china they just dont admit it.
Not true. Starrett does have some manufacturing in China as well as other countries.

Their catalog clearly identifies the products made in USA and those made in other countries. Most of their bandsaw blades are made in USA.