X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • cybor462
    • Apr 2006

OT Check out our men in action with 50 cal

Check out this sniper (Marine) picking off the enemy in Afghanastan.

Do not watch if you can't stomach body parts being blown to bits!

Life Is Grand
  • Willy
    • Oct 2005

Saw that one about two years ago, I think if you look closely you can see that it's a gopher or marmot...good shot though from that distance.
    Home, down in the valley behind the Red Angus
    Bad Decisions Make Good Stories​

Comment

• cybor462
      • Apr 2006

I think the last shot was a person. You could see them shuffle and move left then it was all over. I also saw an arm on one shot.
      Got this last year from my son in law who is in the Air Force. Said he got it from some guys that shot footage over there.
      Life Is Grand

Comment

• Willy
        • Oct 2005

At about 45-50 sec. into the video you can see the marmot crawl onto to the rock with his head facing the left side of the screen.
        I have the same video out in the shop on a cd, it's been there for at least a year...had it on my hard drive for quite some time before I burned it onto the cd.
        Not sure who gave it to your son but I doubt that it is authentic.

Comment

• DryCreek
          • Feb 2005

It's real footage and it's not a 50 cal, it's a 20mm explosive round. One hit anywhere and it's lights out.

Comment

It is defiantly not a 50 we can't use hollow point ammo on humans, so H E ammo is out also.

Get Evan to find that Urban legend site and Close this false BS.

I am surprised it is still floating around after 3 years. It is BS.

But if something simular is happening to the ragheads , Good for the US Snipers.

Comment

• cybor462
              • Apr 2006

I love this BBS. I keep saying you can learn something new every day. I would never have known this was fake.
              Oh well ...but it is still cool!

Ok, we can all stop hyperventilating now.

I would like to ask why do you guys think it is not a 50 and is an HE round...please be gentle I am just asking.
              If this was shot in the desert wouldn't a 50 hitting dry flaky crusty rocks make the same result. Also wouldn't a 50 make that kind of noise when it hits rock?

Again I am just trying to be educated here so be gentle.
              Life Is Grand

Comment

• rkepler
                • Mar 2005

The images aren't faked, they're just not as they're being described. They're from a video from there guys: http://rmvh.com/index.htm If you google on "sniper video rmvh.com" you'll find sites that takes the scenes apart.

That being said there's some good shooting in there.

Comment

• Willy
                  • Oct 2005

As rkepler stated it is an excerpt from a varmint shooting video.You can see a small portion of it here...http://www.rmvh.com/Movies/ChucksShort3.wmv
                  Thanks to the net you can't always believe what you hear and see.

Comment

Yep, That prety much says it all.

Comment

• thistle
                      • Mar 2003

YAWN, WHATEVER ,
                      Now this is real sport.....

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Comment

• meho
                        • Feb 2004

Originally posted by IOWOLF
                        It is defiantly not a 50 we can't use hollow point ammo on humans, so H E ammo is out also.

Get Evan to find that Urban legend site and Close this false BS.

I am surprised it is still floating around after 3 years. It is BS.

But if something simular is happening to the ragheads , Good for the US Snipers.
                        We can use hollow point ammo and do:

The purpose of the 7.62mm "open-tip" MatchKing bullet is to provide maximum accuracy at very long range. Like most 5.56mm and 7.62mm military ball bullets, it may fragment upon striking its target, although the probability of its fragmentation is not as great as some military ball bullets currently in use by some nations. Bullet fragmentation is not a design characteristic, however, nor a purpose for use of the MatchKing by United State Army snipers. Wounds caused by MatchKing ammunition are similar to those caused by a fully jacketed military ball bullet, which is legal under the law of war, when compared at the same ranges and under the same conditions. The military necessity for its use-- its ability to offer maximum accuracy at very long ranges--is complemented by the high degree of discriminate fire it offers in the hands of a trained sniper. It not only meets, but exceeds, the law of war obligations of the United States for use in combat.
                        This opinion has been coordinated with the Department of State, Army General Counsel, and the Offices of the Judge Advocates General of the Navy and Air Force, who concur with its contents and conclusions.

An opinion that reaches the same conclusion has been issued simultaneously for the Navy and Marine Corps by The Judge Advocate General of the Navy.

Authored by W. Hays Parks, Colonel, USMC,
                        Chief of the JAG's International Law Branch

I shoot with operators monthly at Ft. Benning Ga. in NRA Highpower matches. God bless These people.

James

Comment

Geee, And all this time I thought it was against the Geneva convention to use anything other than Ball ammo as an anti personnel round.

Comment

Working...
                          X