PDA

View Full Version : R22

rws
04-20-2007, 08:09 AM
Can R22 be bought without somekind of license? I have refrigerant gauges, and will probably need to give the A/C a shot when it gets warm. I'll check it by taking the across/coil drop. But in case I need some......

meho
04-20-2007, 08:24 AM
"Can R22 be bought without somekind of license?" No

"I'll check it by taking the across/coil drop." Check it by making sure the superheat is correct, the coil temp will be above 32 degrees and can't freeze.

James

winchman
04-20-2007, 11:07 AM
In order to sell the Freon 12 or 22, you're supposed to verify that the buyer has proof of EPA section 608 certification or a reseller’s permit. If you have neither, you're probably out of luck, unless you get it from an unethical source. Of course, an unethical source might be unethical about other parts of the transaction, too.

Roger

Scatterplot
04-20-2007, 04:55 PM
http://www.triplemind.com/images/gods/r2d2-photo1.jpeg

ahidley
04-23-2007, 08:14 AM
e-bay, but your gonna pay :(

Sprocket
04-24-2007, 10:36 PM
You can get an R22 from these guys

http://www.robinsonheli.com/r22main.htm

motomoron
04-25-2007, 12:14 AM
I knew a friendly HVAC tech. He combined the contents of a couple partial tanks into one, and gave it to me with the suggestion I get a set of gauges and a thermocouple for my VOM and become learned in the way of superheat/supercooling...This could also have been interperted as "I'm tired of looking at your ancient beat up HVAC system the first hot day of the year, every year"

I nursed the system along (1989 Carrier spit system) 'til last year. Electric and gas prices were both going to increase 30 odd percent, so we bit the bullet, lucked into an honest, ethical, self employed craftsman HVAC contracter, and installed a left-over 2005 Carrier Infinity split system, which lowered our electric and gass bills, even with the rate increases.

The new stuff really does work well, and with energy costs going the way they are, it ammortizes fairly quickly too.