PDA

View Full Version : NACHI end mills any good?

cybor462
04-28-2007, 12:46 AM
Ok seems that I am the only poster tonight. I promise this is almost the last. I recently bought a lot of Nachi EM's on ebay. It was 12-15 brand new EM all in boxes. All sizes.
I have 2-3 sets of those TIN coated from Enco. They cut well. I was told I should buy better cutting tools. I got this lot of EM.
I have not used them yet. Not sure why but if they are better I will start. Most are 2 flute. They are made in Japan.

Can anyone tell me anything about these?

madman
04-30-2007, 06:39 PM
Are really good quality. I used them a lot building dies drilling a2 d2 tool steels. Nice drill quality. If theyre emills are as good get em.

lazlo
04-30-2007, 06:45 PM
Agree with Madman -- Nachi and OSG make really good endmills, taps, dies, ...

cybor462
05-01-2007, 09:20 AM
Thanks guys... I paid next to nothing for the lot. All are in bags (new) so I guess I will break them out. I guess I need to look on ebay more.

HTRN
05-01-2007, 06:39 PM
Nachi makes really nice endmills, along with Niagara and OSG. All 3 are $$$$. I haven't personally used them, but they're reputation is excellent.

HTRN

lazlo
05-01-2007, 07:10 PM
All 3 are $$$$. I haven't personally used them, but they're reputation is excellent.

He's talking about buying them on Ebay. I've noticed that the quality Japanese brands go for quite a bit less than the well-known American brands (Niagara etc).

HTRN
05-02-2007, 01:11 AM
Well, I know OSG and Niagara from work - OSG the few times we used them, worked fantastic on some BeCu we had to mill. That stuff was horrible - ate drills like candy. Alot of the japanese stuff is really good, particularly Hanita end mills - it used to carve 6061 like butter.

HTRN