PDA

View Full Version : OT: shop burned

scott96088
04-30-2007, 05:19 PM
Late friday my shop, biz, and home burned to the ground. I have to say the Farmers ins. has been great! My time one here will be limted.

Scott

BadDog
04-30-2007, 05:20 PM
Sorry to hear that, I know it must be devastating. Good luck with everything!

PTSideshow
04-30-2007, 05:29 PM
Glad to hear that you and your family are ok and that you have a decent insurance company. May God look over your shoulder.

Alistair Hosie
04-30-2007, 05:48 PM
God Bless hope things work out ok for you and glad you are all safe best wishes. Alistair

Ron Horton
04-30-2007, 05:53 PM
So sorry to hear of your difficulty-- I know it is a terrible ordeal to suffer-- Good luck, and GOD Bless--
Ron

I know I just had it a minute ago--

Fasttrack
04-30-2007, 05:55 PM
Oh no! I'm so sorry to hear that. I got on here today to thank you for the acorn nuts - they arrived while i was out of town and they came just in time to assemble the license plate holder (the paint has just finished curing). I can't believe that you've had such misfortune.

Please don't hesitate to ask if you need something. I may be in Illinois but i'll do what i can. Its horrible to see your generosity rewarded by such a misfortune.

Hopefully insurance will take good care of you and you can pull through with some brand-new tools!

My prayers are with you and your family.

Liger Zero
04-30-2007, 05:58 PM
Wow, sorry to hear that. They figure out a cause yet?

IOWOLF
04-30-2007, 06:01 PM
I hope you had full replacement ins. and get all new stuff.

torker
04-30-2007, 06:53 PM
Scott...Holy Smoke! Sorry to hear that. I've always dreaded the idea of my shop going up in flames. I think it'd take years to remember what was missing. I also wouldn't want to lose a few things in there...my old Ohio mill being one of them. I have a lot of time into that that'd never be recouped.
Best of luck to you.
Russ

Tin Falcon
04-30-2007, 07:27 PM
Scott: Word do not quite cut it in a situation of great loss like this.
Sorry for your loss
our prayers are with you and your family.
I hope pray your insurance co treats you well and they settle quicly.
Tin

pntrbl
04-30-2007, 08:31 PM
That's just a horrible thing to hear about. I hope you get thru it OK.

SP

speedy
04-30-2007, 08:43 PM
Scott, when I read your post my guts just fell to the floor!
What a devastating thing to happen to you and your family.
These are the times that family and friends gather about and support you.
My best wishes go out to you for a safe and satisfactory resolution to this situation.

quadrod
04-30-2007, 08:45 PM
wow, sorry to hear that, hope you can pick back up soon, i know for you it will not be soon enough.

Mcgyver
04-30-2007, 09:11 PM
wow, that's awful. sorry to hear that, glad no one was hurt.

Wareagle
04-30-2007, 10:31 PM
We all obviously love what we do! To think of everything being there now, and tomorrow it all being gone is a horrible nightmare.

Best wishes and God Bless you and your family! May there be a rapid resolution and brighter days ahead! W/E

gunbuilder
04-30-2007, 11:06 PM
So sorry to hear of your fire. I have no idea what to would be like to lose it all. I have had many items lost to flooding. It was not at all like Katrina, The water rose over a couple of years, but then in the spring of 1997 all of a sudden the machine shed was a foot deep water. It has only been useable the last three years.

Sorry it happened to you,
Paul

Evan
05-01-2007, 02:00 AM
That is my worst nightmare. Much of what we have cannot be replaced. The thought of it all turned to ashes and twisted melted lumps of metal makes me ill.

I hope you can be satisfied with the replacements you are offered and pick up the pieces so you can carry on. My best wishes are with you and good luck.

Mike W
05-01-2007, 02:16 AM
I am also sorry to hear that and hope that things will get back to normal soon for you.

cybor462
05-01-2007, 09:35 AM
Scott.. very sorry to hear that. I would not know how to handle a situation like that. Good to hear no one was hurt. Like all the others said I hope your insurance covers it all and treats you well.
Let us know if you need anything.

Jim

Orrin
05-01-2007, 10:13 AM
That's terrible news, Scott. You must still be in a state of shock. Here's hoping your insurance company treats you fairly.

Please keep us informed of how things are going for you. There's not much we can do; but, we can certainly lend you moral support.

Best regards,

Orrin

hitnmiss
05-01-2007, 10:39 AM
Bummer Scott, sorry to hear that.

Note to self:

Take insurance pics of every drawer and tool in the shop...

spkrman15
05-01-2007, 12:37 PM
Scott i wish you the best as well. I hope the insurance company does the right thing.

The fact that you and your family are safe is the most important factor. EVERYTHING else can be replaced.

Let me know if i can help as well

Rob :)

Your Old Dog
05-01-2007, 01:11 PM
Scott I'm sorry for your tough break. As a tv news photographer for over 30 years I've had manyh an opportunity to tell victims of house fires how this can be viewed fully as a tragedy or an opportunity. I get the impression you might be the latter type. You do have some opportunities here that you did not have before. It's a tough break, I hope you can make it work for you and your family.

TECHSHOP
05-01-2007, 02:36 PM
That is a great loss, I do hope you are able to recover quickly. Do keep us informed on your progress.

Liger Zero
05-01-2007, 05:37 PM
One thing I forgot to mention: Do not agree to anything from the insurance people untill you talk to a lawyer! I lost some of my Star Trek collection due to a tree falling through a roof years ago, and the insurance people agreed to pay $2,500. All I did was mention that I wanted my lawyer to look over the papers and they kicked it up to $3,500.

Never underestimate the power of the L-Bomb. ;)

aostling
05-01-2007, 06:02 PM
Wow, sorry to hear that. They figure out a cause yet?

A week ago a friend suffered a loss like this, in Gilbert, Arizona. His 3500 ft2 house burned to the ground. The smoke alarm roused the family at 3 a.m., they got out okay but they lost everything except the pajamas they were wearing.

The fire started in the garage, where an F-150 truck spontaneously ignited. http://www.consumeraffairs.com/automotive/f150_fires.htm discusses other instances of this occurring.

aostling
05-01-2007, 07:07 PM
The fire started in the garage, where an F-150 truck spontaneously ignited. http://www.consumeraffairs.com/automotive/f150_fires.htm discusses other instances of this occurring.

Having posted that, I thought I'd better contact my friend, for verification. He says that the F-150 is now not thought to be the cause of the fire. They suspect some problem in a transformer associated with the sprinkler system.

ChrisAttebery
05-01-2007, 07:56 PM
They suspect some problem in a transformer associated with the sprinkler system.

Now, how's that for irony?

PHiers
05-01-2007, 08:23 PM
Scott,

Very sorry to hear of your loss, glad that you and the family are ok. Everything can be replaced except a person.

Good luck.

Liger Zero
05-02-2007, 06:41 PM
One of the towns around here lost its library to fire due to an electrical fault in the new fire-alarm.

THAT didn't go over too well.

scott96088
05-02-2007, 07:15 PM
First off thanks to all for the nice thoughts and prayers.

Second I going to say that looking at your fire Ins. policy needs to be done now making sure you have REPLACEMENT VALUE on every thing you own.

Scott

abn
05-03-2007, 02:42 AM
Better late than never...my thoughts are with you too. Glad no-one was hurt!!!

BillH
05-03-2007, 09:49 AM
Man, that sucks! Sorry to hear about your loss. Like others said, get all nice new stuff, hope you didn't lose any old treasures that you can not replace :(