PDA

View Full Version : What happened to Practical Machinist??

snowman
05-03-2007, 10:51 AM
I have been away a while, but I dont see nearly the volume of posts over there that I used to.

Are they just hidden in forums that I dont look at, or has the HSM community slowly withered away in the past couple years?

Evan
05-03-2007, 10:57 AM
Nah. It's just so busy over there that nobody goes there anymore.

Milacron of PM
05-03-2007, 11:06 AM
I have been away a while, but I dont see nearly the volume of posts over there that I used to.

Are they just hidden in forums that I dont look at, or has the HSM community slowly withered away in the past couple years?What an odd comment....PM is busier than ever...2.6 million page views a month now. (for some perspective, it was 1 million 1.5 years ago.

Are you sure you are not confusing PM with the Chaski HSM forum ? That one has "withered away" indeed.

Or another possiblity...you are linking directly to the old General Forum...which I had to turn into a "respond only" archive due to the large size crashing the entire site. No new threads allowed there, only new post replies to old threads. If so, you need to link to the "General New" forum.

snowman
05-03-2007, 11:19 AM
naaa, i'm going to 'new'...it just didn't seem like there was the same volume of posts there used to be.

Milacron of PM
05-03-2007, 12:17 PM
naaa, i'm going to 'new'...it just didn't seem like there was the same volume of posts there used to be.
Well, since the volume in General New seems the same or better to me...and the actual stats bear this out, I can only guess you are "noticing" only the threads/posts that interest you and the others aren't registering in your consciousness.

Your Old Dog
05-03-2007, 12:57 PM
Seems I've noticed a drop off in new post since when I last looked on this site. Wonder if it could be because I check this site half a dozen times a day!

J Tiers
05-03-2007, 12:58 PM
Sheesh..... doubt it..... PM is pretty busy, but then there are a lot of specialized forums. if it were all on one, you'd get 3 pages a day or more.

Makes this forum and (of course) Chaski seem slow and sleepy.

I HAVE noticed that there must be lots of farmers.... volume of posts in many places has dropped a little in the spring.