PDA

View Full Version : Accurite scale problems

Rustybolt
05-03-2007, 09:17 PM
I'm sure someone here has run into this and has a solution. The x axis scale on our BP was losing parts of an inch everytime it was moved more than 2 inches. Out a whopping .280 in 9 inches. I tried to remove it but couldn't undo the screw to the middle bracket so I replaced everything. Now I'm getting an E2 error warning evertime I go more than 3 inches. Any suggestions?

chrsbrbnk
05-03-2007, 11:08 PM
Which accurite? like 1 ,2,or 3 if its say a 1 or 2 they can get crap on the scales but that tends to be more localized also they can get out of alignment on the reader head. the reader heads on the older ones get tired or something and start messing dropping count but that tends to be kinda random in count drop. in the older ones theres a set of dip switches on each board that set the error comp and scale resolution match. the newer its all done on the keypad the newer one can have the scaler funtion left on ( a shooting offense ) and the newer ones sometimes get dirty or loose connector blocks on the boards, that really screws with the display . one approach is to swap boards or swap reader cables and see if it follows

Rich Carlstedt
05-04-2007, 12:40 PM
It sounds like the DRO box is at fault.
Some have a built in battery to handle power surges and settings.
If the rechargable battery goes, lots of weird things happen, particularly
remembering where you were/are.
I would also remove all cables and clean the connections
Check all cables to see if a chip got into the shield and is shorting a wire

When scales are dirty.
Clean with a Q tip and Alcohol.
You may have dirt on the reader head as well, but sometimes
wet alcohol on the scale will wipe off the head if moved over a wet spot.

Rich

Uncle O
05-05-2007, 12:38 PM
I have a 100s system, the manual says E2 is an EEPROM Memory error.
Press clear key to acknowledge error ,Datum and setup information may be lost,check and reestablish upon power up. If problem persists contact your distributor for repair/replacement info.

Kerry

Rustybolt
05-08-2007, 05:42 PM
Thank you guys for responding. On the theory of simplest first. I dismounted the scale and put in on the bench and cleaned it with some alchahol and cotton swabs. I also found a stray piece of paper in there.(?)I remounted it and it works just fine now. Thanks again.