PDA

View Full Version : OT: McMaster shipping info?

Scatterplot
05-29-2007, 04:40 PM
I just placed my first order off of McMaster's website, and I had a question about shipping information. It seems like it won't tell me the shipping cost until I actually place the order. I didn't think it would do that, but as I clicked on it eventually said my order was placed. It never told me how much shipping would be until I got my email confirmation. It turned out to be acceptable, but in the future I would like to be able to know how much shipping will be before I actually am charged for it:D

kennyd4110
05-29-2007, 05:03 PM
I have had the same experience with MC, but I am also always surprised how reasonable the shipping is:D

CCWKen
05-29-2007, 05:10 PM
I had the same concern when I placed my first order. As it turns out, I don't even look anymore because I know that McM-C has THE LOWEST shipping charges of anyone. I don't know how they do it. I've had some large orders that included separate rod stock and I couldn't mail the stuff cheaper. I've also had small orders (size) and the shipping was something like $4.50. No other supplier I've ordered from has come close to that.

jacampb2
05-29-2007, 05:23 PM
It is always the same way for me. In fact, the first time I placed an order with them, I was in a bit of a pinch and selected the overnight option. The sales people called me and told me that they had it in stock in indiana, and if I wanted to downgrade to ground shipping, it would still be to me the next day. I thought that was nice of them, they could have just as easily charged me the $30 or so for overnight and I would have never known.

Later,
Jason

wierdscience
05-29-2007, 09:44 PM
I call all my orders in to McMaster,you can ask them what the shipping will be after the order is placed,but they can only give you an estimate.They don't know the exact charge until UPS scans the package in.

I will say they are the cheapest and fastest as well as the most accurate in terms of shipping.In years of ordering almost daily they have only dropped the ball twice and both times they made it right instantly.In a world of big box dorks McMaster is a breath of fresh air,service the way it used to be.

BTW,if you don't see what you need in the catalog,call and ask,they can usually find it for you.Same goes for power tool parts,if you have the make,serial and model number chances are they can get the parts you need.